Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Trump has had a successful result in my view , the Senate approves all the judiciary appointments, and they are elected on 6 year terms ,whereas the house is every 2 so more suspectable to change .

Trump will now probaly use a blame culture on any failure in passing laws /bills on the house refusing to pass those laws/bills , that in his words "are making America great".

He could create even greater difficulties here on in.

If the Democrats go for impeachment route that might back fire , as voters will see that objective as nothing but wasteful , personal ,and turn voters eyes to the rich east coast elite ,mantra again, As Trump will bang on about job losses, immigration, democratics not wanting to fund the army ,Iran , etc etc .

The old Trumpness has had a relatively good result in my view, and is not going away anytime soon .
I'm not quite sure you've got that right. Yes they do have 6 year terms but that doesn't mean the Republicans have tied up their majority for 6 years. Only nine Republican seats were available in this election and 26 Democrat/Independent (out of 100 in total) so a Democrat flip was always unlikely. The next elections will be 2020 when another batch are up for grabs, and the Democrats picked up millions more votes than the Republicans in this election (yes I know the popular vote means nothing but there are still clues there).

I agree that he has more flexibility to use the Senate for the courts. But if he could get Kavanaugh on then strengthening a bit isn't that much more beneficial. He absolutely will use the blame game; he was playing that game when the Republicans controlled everything.

Losing the House isn't good for him, but it won't lead to impeachment. No chance they'll go for that unless something major happens. It can probably lead to proper investigations though.

The Democrats have a foothold now, more than they had before, but they could have done with bigger gains. Cannot see how this was successful for Trump though. Could have been worse is the best I can say.