+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

No doubt more thoughts and prayers will be coming today as 13 more people shot in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    No doubt more thoughts and prayers will be coming today as 13 more people shot in the land of the free.
    Representatives and beneficiaries of the NRA send their deepest sympathies.

He's way beyond parody now

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1012731

Navy acknowledges request was made to hide USS John S. McCain during Trump visit

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I answered it. Trump is not a typical politician. He accepted the challenge to clean up the corrupt Washington political system .. that place where you don't think any problems exist.
    The irony about folk and American politics before Trump, there was always a view that American politics was very corrupt and just fed the corporate greed and East Coast billionaires ,along came Trump and the hatred was targeted towards an individual rather than the establishment that is and always exists in America.

Just because it's a Democratic it doesn't mean they exists in some caring world .

Trump is driving a tank through the political swamp , and the establishment is desperately out to get him .

There are comparison here with JC.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The irony about folk and American politics before Trump, there was always a view that American politics was very corrupt and just fed the corporate greed and East Coast billionaires ,along came Trump and the hatred was targeted towards an individual rather than the establishment that is and always exists in America.

Just because it's a Democratic it doesn't mean they exists in some caring world .

Trump is driving a tank through the political swamp , and the establishment is desperately out to get him .

The media are tell them what to do and they are obedient servants.

Donald Trump was an “East Coast billionaire” last time I looked (he never stops telling us he is at least) and I’m afraid it didn’t take long at all for the tank you say he is driving through the swamp to become bogged down in it with the rest of them – sorry, but I fail to see a difference between him and the bogeymen and women of the “establishment”.

Having taken a deliberate break from this board of about a week, I returned this morning to read an exchange between gluey and B of A that had taken place in the last few days in this thread. It was fascinating stuff with gluey opting to play the man, not the ball as he claimed victory in the increasing smug tone he has adopted in recent weeks despite it appearing to me that he had been beaten hands down.

Apparently, gluey had claimed that all politicians are liars in the past and he was asked, reasonably enough, whether this included Donald Trump. This brought about an "ah, but is he really a politician response?" which I presume gluey thought made him look cool and enigmatic – seemingly, Trump is not a politician, more a Chief Executive.

The conversation between gluey and B of A had started when the former posted a link to an Alt right site which claimed they had “1,375 Well Sourced Examples Of Barack Obama’s Lies, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, Hypocrisy, Waste, Etc.” – gluey was so keen to make his point that he enlarged these words and also highlighted them in red.

All very shocking stuff if true and compelling evidence of the existence of Mr Trump’s swamp it would appear. However, without wishing to minimise Mr Obama’s untruths at all, it does all tend to pale somewhat when compared to his successor – there are political liars and then, on a completely different plane, there is Donald Trump!

The Washington Post is claiming that Trump has told 10,000 plus lies in the two and a half years or so since he was sworn in as President and say that all of them have been fact checked.

https://www.poynter.org/fact-checkin...n-three-years/

Of course, this comes from a publication much derided by gluey and his alt right friends as being the epitome of the despised mainstream media, so let’s instead see what a respected fact checking site, which is generally accepted as being politically neutral has to say about President Trump and his somewhat erratic relationship with the truth.

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

So, 70 per cent of the claims made by Trump that Politifact checked were deemed to fall into the “mostly false”, “false” and liar, liar “pants on fire” categories! How does this compare with Barack Obama?

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama

It seems that 73 per cent of the former President’s investigated claims are rated as “true”, “mostly true” or “half true”.

Interestingly, Politifact addressed the question of Trump’s lying at the mid point term of his Presidency

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ked-president/

I see gluey has claimed that Trump critics (no doubt including myself) are “on the wrong side of history”, but, whether that is true or not, I feel confident that history will judge Donald Trump as an inveterate liar – you’ve taken a hell of a beating on that score at least gluey!

"Cool and enigmatic" .. I like it

I'm still waiting for B of A to express an original thought though..

Regarding the rest of your diatribe I was referencing Trumps own viewpoint:

"Cool and enigmatic" .. I like it

I'm still waiting for B of A to express an original thought though..

Regarding the rest of your diatribe I was referencing Trumps own viewpoint:

God, did that only last six minutes? It seemed like hours and I don't get what it had to do with whether Trump is a liar or not.

As for B of A, he didn't need a single original thought to win his argument, all he needed to do was look at the overwhelming evidence that is out there when it comes to Trump and his lying.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    God, did that only last six minutes? It seemed like hours and I don't get what it had to do with whether Trump is a liar or not.

As for B of A, he didn't need a single original thought to win his argument, all he needed to do was look at the overwhelming evidence that is out there when it comes to Trump and his lying.
    I've never said Trump wasn't a liar, I just said he wasn't a typical politician. He's never held any political office before, and he doesn't act like a politician.

I've never said Trump wasn't a liar, I just said he wasn't a typical politician. He's never held any political office before, and he doesn't act like a politician.
    As I said, you took a hell of a beating in that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As I said, you took a hell of a beating in that argument.
    Different points of view, that's all

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Hearing word that Russia, Syria and, to a lesser extent, Iran, are bombing the hell out of Idlib Province in Syria, and indiscriminately killing many innocent civilians. The World is watching this butchery. What is the purpose, what will it get you? STOP!

Syria and their allies bomb the remnants of Al Qaeda in the Idlib region of Syria but Don doesn't like it and even has the brass neck to ask what's the purpose of killing terrorists.

Please stop killing our mercenaries which we and our pals have spent a fortune creating, arming and directing otherwise we'll arrange another half-arsed false flag chlorine attack which we will pin on Assad, would be the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Poor Theresa

I criticise Trump a lot so credit where it's due. He dressed himself to meet the queen like a big boy.

I criticise Trump a lot so credit where it's due. He dressed himself to meet the queen like a big boy.

He's a big old boy.

Queenie has shrunk more for him than Obama.

Obama could do with a good square meal ,lovely teeth though ,big grin must be a good drone strike night ??

He's a big old boy.

Obama could do with a good square meal ,lovely teeth though ,big grin must be a good drone strike night ??
    Didn't Trump once order a missile strike while eating a beautiful piece of chocolate cake?

Didn't Trump once order a missile strike while eating a beautiful piece of chocolate cake?
    Hey lardy, what's going on with General Flynn? You're the resident expert regarding all things Flynn, so would you like to give us a little update?

The one looks like a waiter and the other a doorman

Why not ,if you can ,its a piece of cake ??

He's a big old boy.

The pic with Bath House Barry's from 2011 but Lizardbeth looks to have aged more than 8 years.

I wonder if she wears the crown while sat on the crapper?

Here's one of Chump said to have been taken on Epstein's island.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The pic with Bath House Barry's from 2011 but Lizardbeth looks to have aged more than 8 years.

I wonder if she wears the crown while sat on the crapper?

Here's one of Chump said to have been taken on Epstein's island.

Is Epsteins Island holidays available on Thompson Gold range ,as I wouldn't mind a stab !

Spare a thought for our very own lardy and his two years of Trump Russia Collusion "facts", that he regularly delivered to this message board with a straight face. An honourable mention and shout-out also goes to his dependable side-kick and wingman, the elusive cyril evans awaydays who is currently missing in action, and has probably undergone a name change.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...hoddy-dossier/

Thanks for the laughs boys

Spare a thought for our very own lardy and his two years of Trump Russia Collusion "facts", that he regularly delivered to this message board with a straight face. An honourable mention and shout-out also goes to his dependable side-kick and wingman, the elusive cyril evans awaydays who is currently missing in action, and has probably undergone a name change.

https://www.nationalreview.com/magaz...hoddy-dossier/

Thanks for the laughs boys

Liz.jpg

The establishment onslaught of the Trump administration

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nearl...n-broken-heart

And they never thought she would lose, their insurance plan failed.