+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Out of interest what constitutes a 'massive rally' these days?

Not sure what channel that screenshot is taken from but I understood he filled a 20,000 seat stadium in Florida with his bussed in red-hated supporters. Not knocking that, it is twice the size of the sold out 'All Right!' Kinnock rally in Sheffield in 1992. It is also a few dozen more than Plymouth Argyle managed in their last sold out home match. It is, however, overshadowed by the crowd at the last Millwall sold out home match at The Den!

Maybe it is just Trump's definition of 'massive'?

You know, from Donny's Big Book Of Lies & Bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Not sure what channel that screenshot is taken from but I understood he filled a 20,000 seat stadium in Florida with his bussed in red-hated supporters. Not knocking that, it is twice the size of the sold out 'All Right!' Kinnock rally in Sheffield in 1992. It is also a few dozen more than Plymouth Argyle managed in their last sold out home match. It is, however, overshadowed by the crowd at the last Millwall sold out home match at The Den!

As a comparison, this is Biden's own campaign launch in his home state of Pennsylvania.

125,000 people applied for tickets, and I think 25,000 were inside the event, plus they had screens outside for those who wanted to be part of it, but didn't have tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    125,000 people applied for tickets, and I think 25,000 were inside the event, plus they had screens outside for those who wanted to be part of it, but didn't have tickets.
    Gosh that is a rally .

Don't understand how folk dont understand Trump-ism is popular in his country ,.

I'm not a fan but its democratic choice of the USA .

I do find it ironic though that other egotistic world leaders , not democratically elected of a left leaning ,Marxism, communist regimes stand in front of organised marching, flag waving ,saluting people the leader , dont get the same hatred . or comment ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Gosh that is a rally .

Don't understand how folk dont understand Trump-ism is popular in his country ,.

I'm not a fan but its democratic choice of the USA .

I do find it ironic though that other egotistic world leaders , not democratically elected of a left leaning ,Marxism, communist regimes stand in front of organised marching, flag waving ,saluting people the leader , dont get the same hatred . or comment ??
    He's an enigma, and nobody knows how to deal with him. Nobody can land a blow on him, and he continuously taunts them. I reckon he's got the goods on them myself, a lot of people have been very quiet lately.

It's the conspiracies and lies season again.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's the conspiracies and lies season again.

He was particularly whiny in that clip.

You would think that someone who has achieved world peace, cured AIDs and cancer, and built 'that wall' (bigger, better, cheaper and without a single Mexican peso) would try to sound less like a petulant 4 year old.

He was particularly whiny in that clip.

You would think that someone who has achieved world peace, cured AIDs and cancer, and built 'that wall' (bigger, better, cheaper and without a single Mexican peso) would try to sound less like a petulant 4 year old.
    I thought Biden was curing cancer? Surely you have to do one better?

He's an enigma, and nobody knows how to deal with him. Nobody can land a blow on him, and he continuously taunts them. I reckon he's got the goods on them myself, a lot of people have been very quiet lately.
    Oooh perhaps Boris has been watching him ,he displays the same behaviours.

Oooh perhaps Boris has been watching him ,he displays the same behaviours.
    I thought the idea was that Steve Bannon was in touch with Boris and Farage and previously had worked with Trump? Multiple countries seeing the rise of faux populist, anti-regulation politicians looking to improve their finances, who dismiss the media and critics without even trying to answer sensible questions.

But, but, the economy is improving...

Thread on people being tortured and dying in Trump's detention centres: https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/stat...54299826855936

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I thought the idea was that Steve Bannon was in touch with Boris and Farage and previously had worked with Trump? Multiple countries seeing the rise of faux populist, anti-regulation politicians looking to improve their finances, who dismiss the media and critics without even trying to answer sensible questions.

But, but, the economy is improving...

Thread on people being tortured and dying in Trump's detention centres: https://twitter.com/KatzOnEarth/stat...54299826855936
    No comment on the criminals who have turned this into a highly profitable and illegal business? The borrowing and stealing of children to get people over the border on false promises? Thousands of people every day, with totals running into the millions. Are you saying this should continue unchecked indefinitely? It's easy to take potshots, but this was going on under Obama. Trump didn't make the laws that allow this to happen, they were already in place before he became president. You can't run a country with open borders, because you will end up without a country. The democrats are sick turning this into a political tool, and talking about concentration camps. Nobody was forced by the US government to go there, nobody. There are already rules in place for asylum seekers, and these are being ignored and circumvented.

Trump love now off the scale from Wales-Bales I see.

Something almost heroic in the obsession. He trawls those far right and white supremacist websites as a service to the rest of us!

Maybe time for a new MAGA (Morons Are Governing America) hat?

Something almost heroic in the obsession. He trawls those far right and white supremacist websites as a service to the rest of us!

I just fast-forwarded to the logical conclusion of where surge and others are heading.

Detention camps > death camps > Trump is Hitler

Regarding trawling websites, the only place I visit is Twitter

What's he going to be like once he gets off that fence he's been sitting on?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What's he going to be like once he gets off that fence he's been sitting on?
    So much this

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So much this
    There ain't nothing wrong with calling out BS when you see it. You might believe in fairy tales but I dont.

Heisenberg

There ain't nothing wrong with calling out BS when you see it. You might believe in fairy tales but I dont.
    Stop stalking me.

(Isn't that how this works now?)

Stop stalking me.

(Isn't that how this works now?)
    I am just correcting your misconceptions, but there is no need to thank me.

Heisenberg

I am just correcting your misconceptions, but there is no need to thank me.
    I don't know what "correcting your misconceptions" means so it would be difficult for me to thank you anyway.

I don't know what "correcting your misconceptions" means so it would be difficult for me to thank you anyway.
    Never mind

They go on about Trump on Mexicans hes got nothing on the old guard

As many as 1.3 million people may have been swept up in the Eisenhower-era campaign

https://www.history.com/news/operati...54-deportation

Heisenberg

They go on about Trump on Mexicans hes got nothing on the old guard

As many as 1.3 million people may have been swept up in the Eisenhower-era campaign

https://www.history.com/news/operati...54-deportation
    See also: Hitler wasn't a massive fan of Jews so anything that comes afterwards that isn't as bad can't be criticised.

FFS.