+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Seriously? 'Why blame Trump'? Your excuses for him this time will surpass all previous spin.

Who else do you suggest enabled and encouraged this latest round of killing and displacement (and then very half-heartedly pretended to be trying to put the genie back in the bottle once he realised that he had blundered into another massive and fatal cock-up)? He has finally managed to unite Democrats and Republicans, Europeans and Saudis in condemnation. Shot himself in the foot (and the Kurds in the head) and then doubled down on his stupidity in a week of tweets. MAGA my arse!

I doubt anyone on here will try to sanitise the background and history of the Free Syrian Army, but the reason they are running amok now as part of the Turkish assault is because Trump gave the green light.
    Not any kind of nod and wink either. Immediately after another one of those "perfect calls" with foreign leaders only too happy to queue up to take advantage of the master negotiating the art of the deal!

Seriously? 'Why blame Trump'? Your excuses for him this time will surpass all previous spin.

Who else do you suggest enabled and encouraged this latest round of killing and displacement (and then very half-heartedly pretended to be trying to put the genie back in the bottle once he realised that he had blundered into another massive and fatal cock-up)? He has finally managed to unite Democrats and Republicans, Europeans and Saudis in condemnation. Shot himself in the foot (and the Kurds in the head) and then doubled down on his stupidity in a week of tweets. MAGA my arse!

I doubt anyone on here will try to sanitise the background and history of the Free Syrian Army, but the reason they are running amok now as part of the Turkish assault is because Trump gave the green light.
    Wait, we were told the FSA were the good guys, trained and armed by the West to oppose Assad, and now they are the bad guys and it's all Trump's fault? You need to give some more details here ...

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wait, we were told the FSA were the good guys, trained and armed by the West to oppose Assad, and now they are the bad guys and it's all Trump's fault? You need to give some more details here ...
    You dodge a straight question about Trump's responsibility for this political and humanitarian disaster - so far over 100 dead (including executions of prisoners), over 150,000 people fled from their homes, 750 ISIS affiliates escape from detention.... abandoned Kurds appealing to Assad for help.... all the result of Turkish air and ground attacks and the actions of their local clients and proxies.... and I need to give 'more details'?

Are you trying to claim that Trump had a reasonable expectation that the Turks and the FSA would occupy swathes of northern Syria under Kurdish control and would not commit atrocities? That ISIS prisoners would be kept secure? Turkey has been armed and trained by other NATO powers for almost 70 years but has not hidden its agenda in regard to the Kurds and Syria. The FSA (who have morphed all over the place in the past 8 years from anti-Assad military defectors through to Turkish client jihadists) are just an adjunct to the Turks.

Trump set this off through his deal with Erdogan when he had slipped his minders. He has never had the interest or the capacity or the attention span to understand complex geopolitical issues, and in this case he sold out the Kurds and threw a hand grenade into the Middle East for what the thought would be glowing domestic headlines (to distract from impeachment talk). He was wrong on that too.

It seems your best defence of him and answer to 'Why blame Trump?' is that he was too stupid to know better ('we were told the FSA were the good guys'....). He is to blame for this political chaos and humanitarian tragedy. Own it!

Thanks for the explanation Jon, so if the FSA are now the baddies after we trained and armed them, then how about the White Helmets who were embedded alongside them? Am I correct in thinking that Trump has opened up a huge can of worms here, and what about the previous leaders who seem to have contributed greatly towards the current problem? I think the EU also need to take some of the blame, as besides most member countries failing to meet their NATO contributions, they also haven't intervened or sent any sent peacekeeping troops. I believe there were only 50 non-combatent US personnel in the buffer zone, so it wasn't difficult to replace them. Also how about Turkey themselves? They are a NATO member too, so they should be taking the most blame, and also facing sanctions and expulsion from NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thanks for the explanation Jon, so if the FSA are now the baddies after we trained and armed them, then how about the White Helmets who were embedded alongside them? Am I correct in thinking that Trump has opened up a huge can of worms here, and what about the previous leaders who seem to have contributed greatly towards the current problem? I think the EU also need to take some of the blame, as besides most member countries failing to meet their NATO contributions, they also haven't intervened or sent any sent peacekeeping troops. I believe there were only 50 non-combatent US personnel in the buffer zone, so it wasn't difficult to replace them. Also how about Turkey themselves? They are a NATO member too, so they should be taking the most blame, and also facing sanctions and expulsion from NATO.
    its interesting to read the Russian have taken up the residency in the vacated american bases promising to keep Syrian and Turkish fighters apart , I dont blame the USA pulling out , I'm sure the Israelis have eyes on it anyway ,

Anyway where's that European army when you need them ,Europe is full rhetoric about these war zones , and lacking purpose or real peaceful support in these areas .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    its interesting to read the Russian have taken up the residency in the vacated american bases promising to keep Syrian and Turkish fighters apart , I dont blame the USA pulling out , I'm sure the Israelis have eyes on it anyway ,

Anyway where's that European army when you need them ,Europe is full rhetoric about these war zones , and lacking purpose or real peaceful support in these areas .
    If Turkey get booted out of NATO they are in the crap. I don't think anybody comes out of this smelling of roses, as there has been a lot of meddling going on behind the scenes. If the US stayed, they would have to committ for at least the next 100 years.

Why is Trump fighting so hard to keep his tax returns under cover?

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...nconsistencies

Meanwhile, in the real news, the DOJ have taken possession of two Blackberry cell phones belonging to Russian spy Joseph Mifsud! This poses some very interesting questions .. who gave him the phones, who knew what, and how did Mueller miss this!!

Ukraine Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told the BBC on Tuesday that President Donald Trump did not order Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter and that Trump did not threaten to withhold foreign aid in a phone call between the two leaders in July.

When the BBC radio host asked Prystaiko what he knew about the phone call that sparked the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into Trump, he said he knew “quite enough” and “heard it myself.”

“So I can’t agree with what you said that the president mentioned this … that he would like us to investigate,” Prystaiko said.

Instead, Prystaiko said Trump said on the call, “If I were you I would instigate each and every corruption case.”

“So it wasn’t a direct order as some are trying to picture,” said Prystaiko, who was the deputy foreign minister but is not the country’s foreign minister.

The BBC host then asked Prystaiko to confirm that he was saying that Trump did not order an investigation into the Bidens.

“There’s no blackmail here,” Prystaiko said.

Prystaiko also spoke with the BBC about the allegation that Trump threatened to withhold military aid if Ukraine didn’t cooperate with the president’s alleged request for an investigation into the Bidens’ dealings in the country.

“The military aid never was mentioned in the telephone call,” Prystaiko said, adding that the aid was granted “without any investigation started.”

“So there’s no direct link, and it was not that directly said by President Trump,” Prystaiko said.

Prystaiko said that Ukraine gets funding from both the State Department and the Pentagon, evaluation of that aid is done every year, and negotiations about the latest aid had been going on for close to a year.

He also said Ukraine doesn’t want to be involved in politics.

“We’ve been sucked into the internal politics of the United States, which we want to stay away from,” Prystaiko said.

Ukraine Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told the BBC on Tuesday that President Donald Trump did not order Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden and his son Hunter and that Trump did not threaten to withhold foreign aid in a phone call between the two leaders in July.

When the BBC radio host asked Prystaiko what he knew about the phone call that sparked the Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into Trump, he said he knew “quite enough” and “heard it myself.”

“So I can’t agree with what you said that the president mentioned this … that he would like us to investigate,” Prystaiko said.

Instead, Prystaiko said Trump said on the call, “If I were you I would instigate each and every corruption case.”

“So it wasn’t a direct order as some are trying to picture,” said Prystaiko, who was the deputy foreign minister but is not the country’s foreign minister.

The BBC host then asked Prystaiko to confirm that he was saying that Trump did not order an investigation into the Bidens.

“There’s no blackmail here,” Prystaiko said.

Prystaiko also spoke with the BBC about the allegation that Trump threatened to withhold military aid if Ukraine didn’t cooperate with the president’s alleged request for an investigation into the Bidens’ dealings in the country.

“The military aid never was mentioned in the telephone call,” Prystaiko said, adding that the aid was granted “without any investigation started.”

“So there’s no direct link, and it was not that directly said by President Trump,” Prystaiko said.

Prystaiko said that Ukraine gets funding from both the State Department and the Pentagon, evaluation of that aid is done every year, and negotiations about the latest aid had been going on for close to a year.

He also said Ukraine doesn’t want to be involved in politics.

“We’ve been sucked into the internal politics of the United States, which we want to stay away from,” Prystaiko said.
    Poor if true!

Why do you think has 44 endorsed Justin Trudeau, but has seemingly given his VP (no scandal in our presidency) the cold shoulder?
    Michelle coming up on the rails ?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Why do you think has 44 endorsed Justin Trudeau, but has seemingly given his VP (no scandal in our presidency) the cold shoulder?
    Michelle coming up on the rails ?
    I read (somewhere) the other day, that endorsements tend to happen in or around January time as there's no real benefit from doing it so early on in a campaign. Leaving it later can cause a surge of support (according to the article I read).

As for the Michelle Obama running for president... that's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I read (somewhere) the other day, that endorsements tend to happen in or around January time as there's no real benefit from doing it so early on in a campaign. Leaving it later can cause a surge of support (according to the article I read).

I go with this, but maybe he's watching how Ukraine plays out to see how/if Biden Swerves it

As for the Michelle Obama running for president... that's ludicrous.
    Probably, and as especially that they have bought a new large gaff on the coast, but she has a far better shout than the Hilder Beast who seems to be gearing up for another run

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Probably, and as especially that they have bought a new large gaff on the coast, but she has a far better shout than the Hilder Beast who seems to be gearing up for another run
    Which is also not true, no matter how many times you repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Poor if true

Most definitely.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...quiry-n2554791
    BREAKING: Pelosi Refuses to Hold Full House Vote On an Impeachment Inquiry.

Why???

Its just politics bugger all to do with impeachment.

""Trump has taken a reasonable position that the House’s failure to vote and its unabashedly partisan drive to impeach render the purported impeachment inquiry illegitimate.""

Heisenberg

Its just politics bugger all to do with impeachment.

""Trump has taken a reasonable position that the House’s failure to vote and its unabashedly partisan drive to impeach render the purported impeachment inquiry illegitimate.""
    Shame you missed the next part of the article out of your post.
    https://nypost.com/2019/10/16/pelosi...litics-no-law/

"Therefore, Trump has taken a reasonable position that the House’s failure to vote and its unabashedly partisan drive to impeach render the purported impeachment inquiry illegitimate.

Yet, the Constitution’s commitment of impeachment solely to the House’s discretion is a two-edged sword: Yes, it means the House should act as an institution; but it also means no one — not the courts, and certainly not the president — may dictate to the House whether, when and how to conduct an impeachment inquiry.

There is nothing in the Constitution that says the House must vote, or that it cannot act through such standing committees as Intelligence, Foreign Affairs, Oversight and Judiciary.
    In fact, nothing in the Constitution directs the creation of committees; they exist because Congress, with nearly plenary power over the way it conducts business, created them."
    Somehow, in a right-wing tabloid article, written by the author of a book called 'Ball of Collusion: The Plot to Rig an Election and Destroy a Presidency' where the tagline is "The real collusion in the 2016 election was not between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. It was between the Clinton campaign and the Obama administration" - Andrew McCarthy still concedes that the House don't have to vote on impeachment proceedings and certainly do not have to bend to the will of the despot President in charge of the USA.

Hence the word "reasonable" being used by the author not "President Trump's position is justified/correct".

Considering the headline is 'Pelosi’s impeachment drive is all politics, no law' - those paragraphs contradict the f**k out of those sentiments, don't they?

It's not looking good for Trump.

"It's not looking good for Trump"

The devil in me is starting to like Trump.

I mean, this is is comedy gold.

‘Call you later’ 😂😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/pdanahar/status/...718289409?s=21

The devil in me is starting to like Trump.

I mean, this is is comedy gold.

‘Call you later’ 😂😂😂😂😂

https://twitter.com/pdanahar/status/...718289409?s=21
    Art Of The Deal

Art Of The Deal
    Well me and a few others on here reckon trump is doing a great job.

Art Of The Deal
    Erdogan agrees ceasefire with Trump

More fake news?

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan put US President Donald Trump's letter "in the bin", the BBC has been told.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-50080737