+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

So the lardy & cyril mob want Roger Stone to go to prison for covering up a crime that never happened during an investigation that never should have begun.

Roger Stone was found guilty on seven criminal charges of obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements to Congress (then held by Republicans), and witness tampering.

The sentencing judge said

“The truth still exists, the truth still matters, Roger Stone's insistence that it doesn't, his belligerence, his pride in his own lies are a threat to our most fundamental institutions, to the very foundation of our democracy. And if it goes unpunished, it will not be a victory for one party or another.”

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Roger Stone was found guilty on seven criminal charges of obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements to Congress (then held by Republicans), and witness tampering.

The sentencing judge said

“The truth still exists, the truth still matters, Roger Stone's insistence that it doesn't, his belligerence, his pride in his own lies are a threat to our most fundamental institutions, to the very foundation of our democracy. And if it goes unpunished, it will not be a victory for one party or another.”
    So you'll be all for members of the previous administration going to jail for any wrongdoing then?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So you'll be all for members of the previous administration going to jail for any wrongdoing then?
    I am if they were genuinely proven to be guilty of crimes serious enough to merit custodial sentences, but this must by a properly convened court and not on the say so of conspiracy theorists like you.

As far as I know, Stone was guilty of the offences he was charged with, so, even if you've been right all along about the "other side", aren't we looking at two groups that are much the same in that they think nothing of resorting to criminal behaviour when it suits them? Seems to me, when Trump talked of draining the swamp, he meant a Democrat one should be replaced by a Republican one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I am if they were genuinely proven to be guilty of crimes serious enough to merit custodial sentences, but this must by a properly convened court and not on the say so of conspiracy theorists like you.

As far as I know, Stone was guilty of the offences he was charged with, so, even if you've been right all along about the "other side", aren't we looking at two groups that are much the same in that they think nothing of resorting to criminal behaviour when it suits them? Seems to me, when Trump talked of draining the swamp, he meant a Democrat one should be replaced by a Republican one.
    Come on now Bob, it's only Trump's campaign manager (Manafort), deputy campaign manager (Gates), national security advisor (Flynn), foreign policy advisor, (Papadopolous) political advisor (Stone) and personal lawyer (Cohen) that have been convicted recently, the rest of the team are probably fine!

Mueller - "Roger Stone remains a convicted felon, and rightly so".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tones-sentence

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Mueller - "Roger Stone remains a convicted felon, and rightly so".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tones-sentence
    I don't recall you ever taking to this message board to register your disgust about Obama's 1,927 acts of executive clemency, of which 1715 were commutations (including 504 life sentences) and 212 were pardons - more commutations than the past 13 presidents combined, which also included a convicted terrorist. Likewise you have remained silent about Clinton commuting the sentence of a convicted Marxist terrorist, who is now the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for an organisation who are major financial backers of BLM.

I don't recall you ever taking to this message board to register your disgust about Obama's 1,927 acts of executive clemency, of which 1715 were commutations (including 504 life sentences) and 212 were pardons - more commutations than the past 13 presidents combined, which also included a convicted terrorist. Likewise you have remained silent about Clinton commuting the sentence of a convicted Marxist terrorist, who is now the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors for an organisation who are major financial backers of BLM.
    What has any of that got to do with me quoting someone else and posting a link to what they said?

Trump has now made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims as president, according to the Washington Post’s Fact Checker tally.

The Post reports:

It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period, which included the events leading up to Trump’s impeachment trial, the worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy and the eruption of protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims, more than his tax claims combined. Trump’s false or misleading claims about the impeachment investigation — and the events surrounding it — contributed almost 1,200 entries to the database.

The Post noted Trump averaged fewer than five false or misleading claims a day in his first 100 days as president, indicating his tendency to exaggerate or ignore the truth is accelerating as he approaches the November election amid a global pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Trump has now made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims as president, according to the Washington Post’s Fact Checker tally.

The Post reports:

It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period, which included the events leading up to Trump’s impeachment trial, the worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy and the eruption of protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims, more than his tax claims combined. Trump’s false or misleading claims about the impeachment investigation — and the events surrounding it — contributed almost 1,200 entries to the database.

The Post noted Trump averaged fewer than five false or misleading claims a day in his first 100 days as president, indicating his tendency to exaggerate or ignore the truth is accelerating as he approaches the November election amid a global pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-live-updates
    And WB has managed just under 18k posts in broadly the same period. Must be a full time job just trying to keep up.

And WB has managed just under 18k posts in broadly the same period. Must be a full time job just trying to keep up.
    There's more of your lot than me, so I have more people to correspond with

Look up irony. In a dictionary. Under 'I'.
    The Irony is with your reply if you fully read my post , by selecting a small part fully proves my point that a lot of folk simply refuse to have another view or its narrow .

You know that though 😏

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The Irony is with your reply if you fully read my post , by selecting a small part fully proves my point that a lot of folk simply refuse to have another view or its narrow .

You know that though 😏
    I didn't select a small part of your post. I quoted the entire thing. Did you imagine there was more? Would it make a difference?

I didn't select a small part of your post. I quoted the entire thing. Did you imagine there was more? Would it make a difference?

Alternative facts, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Then you must be very angry with what Trump has done.
    Not angry but I can see that the rules are not correct and a few Democrats should be going down for their part in illegally trying to bring down another party ,however evil Trump is , and my god he is , the smell around the Clinton's is appalling, I'm waiting for the ex mate of Trump ( Biden stench to emerge)

Not angry but I can see that the rules are not correct and a few Democrats should be going down for their part in illegally trying to bring down another party ,however evil Trump is , and my god he is , the smell around the Clinton's is appalling, I'm waiting for the ex mate of Trump ( Biden stench to emerge)
    Has this thread morphed into an on-line job application for an Incoherence Salesman?

Not angry but I can see that the rules are not correct and a few Democrats should be going down for their part in illegally trying to bring down another party.
    It's what I've been saying all along, while the CCMB Propaganda Division (a.k.a lardy & cyril) were busy gaslighting the gullible.

I see the spotlight is now falling on the New York Times & Washington Post for their complete lack of journalism. They were not only activists posing as journalists, they also played a leading role in the Russia collusion hoax. Remember the outcry over a certain president calling the media fake news?

It's what I've been saying all along, while the CCMB Propaganda Division (a.k.a lardy & cyril) were busy gaslighting the gullible.

I see the spotlight is now falling on the New York Times & Washington Post for their complete lack of journalism. They were not only activists posing as journalists, they also played a leading role in the Russia collusion hoax. Remember the outcry over a certain president calling the media fake news?
    What I don't if you point a finger at indiscretions committed by the Democrats ( and there have been many over the decades ) your labelled as a Trump fan how on earth do fair minded intelligent people get to that assumption .

Classic example they rant about Trumps poor behavior towards woman , which is fair , my god the history books is littered with poor behaviors by Democratic towards .

Balance of argument is not their forte

What I don't if you point a finger at indiscretions committed by the Democrats ( and there have been many over the decades ) your labelled as a Trump fan how on earth do fair minded intelligent people get to that assumption .

Classic example they rant about Trumps poor behavior towards woman , which is fair , my god the history books is littered with poor behaviors by Democratic towards .

Balance of argument is not their forte
    What I don't if you criticise trump then your labelled as a democrat.

Whataboutery is their forte.

Jeff Sessions trounced in Alabama.

https://eu.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...ts/5429365002/

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    What I don't if you criticise trump then your labelled as a democrat.

Whataboutery is their forte.

Knew you would struggle

This is selling well. Over 950,000 hardback copies shifted on the first day.

Trump Mary L - Too Much and Never Enough.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nearly-million

This is selling well. Over 950,000 hardback copies shifted on the first day.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nearly-million
    Absolutely devastating accusations!

Has this thread morphed into an on-line job application for an Incoherence Salesman?
    Not sure , feel free to apply though

Absolutely devastating accusations!

Great book title