+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Like yourself Bob I didn’t watch it but in fairness to Trump he set a new precedent for a sitting American president by addressing a neo facist and white supremacist group to “Stand Back and Stand By...”

He’s such a man of the people.

It been described an a “shitshow...” by one political commentator.
    The people out to defend Trump over the comment are, well let's say they're struggling a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone watch the debate? It was just ending as I switched on and the reaction was one of saying that the whole thing had been a waste of time as the candidates just exchanged insults as a weak supervisor looked on. From what I can gather, the pundits tended to feel it just about favoured Biden because he didn't have any disasters, whereas all Trump did was appeal to his base when he needed to be picking up some of the what seems to be small number of undecided voters - I can't say whether I agree or disagree with this because I didn't watch, but it seems to have been an unedifying spectacle.
    I haven't seen it but have seen the clips, and this is a pretty comprehensive live tweet thread of them.

Trump needs undecideds to come his way if he's going to win the election cleanly, and I can't see how anyone not already in his camp would be persuaded by this.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I haven't seen it but have seen the clips, and this is a pretty comprehensive live tweet thread of them.

Trump needs undecideds to come his way if he's going to win the election cleanly, and I can't see how anyone not already in his camp would be persuaded by this.
    You might have thought that if you were selling the narrative of a gaffe-prone, senile, sleepy, basement dwelling, drugged up opponent that if there were kernels of truth in that line of attack you would give Biden enough time and space to hang himself.

Seems like Trump did the opposite and by constantly interrupting and over-talking denied any opportunity for Biden to descend into a rambling stream of consciousness.

Perhaps after 4 years of people fawning over him Trump can no longer cope with direct criticism of his "achievements" and personality so lobbing firecrackers every couple of minutes was preferable to listening to someone talking him down. Even if the latter approach was more electorally beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You might have thought that if you were selling the narrative of a gaffe-prone, senile, sleepy, basement dwelling, drugged up opponent that if there were kernels of truth in that line of attack you would give Biden enough time and space to hang himself.

Seems like Trump did the opposite and by constantly interrupting and over-talking denied any opportunity for Biden to descend into a rambling stream of consciousness.

Perhaps after 4 years of people fawning over him Trump can no longer cope with direct criticism of his "achievements" and personality so lobbing firecrackers every couple of minutes was preferable to listening to someone talking him down. Even if the latter approach was more electorally beneficial.
    Well that was the trade-off. Let Biden speak and appear slow and past it, but risk him landing some heavy blows as there's a lot to criticise.

Strategy wise it's hard to know what the plan was, particularly as Chris Christie, part of trump's debate prep team, said after on ABC that this wasn't the strategy they planned for. Was that a bluff or was trump doing his own thing?

I suspect he likes the clips from the Clinton debate (you'd be in jail) and wanted more of the same

Those against Donald Trump have easy takeaways, making sure press report accurately: that Trump was cause of the "shitshow" and prompted white supremacists to take action, but interesting to see what the pro-Trump crowd think.

White House press secretary:

Watching Cuomo-Lemon late night anchoring tells you what you need to know about tonight:

- “Exactly what @realDonaldTrump wanted”

- Joe met a “pretty low bar”

- Did @JoeBiden remove concerns? “Doubt it.”

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/...89073621659648
    Joe Biden was LIGHT on substance, HEAVY on confusion. President @realDonaldTrump just exposed that Biden is an Empty Suit to be filled by the Radical Left puppeteers!

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/...34481823264768
    “Name one police group that supports you!”
    “We have time!!”

President @realDonaldTrump leaves Joe Biden SPEECHLESS

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/...25392468647936
    “In 47 months, I’ve done more than you’ve done in 47 years!”

- President @realDonaldTrump to Joe Biden

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/...19922651713543
    Trump's primary approach seems to make people fear Biden's presidency. His secondary approach seems to be wanting people to see that jobs increased during his past four years. Most are saying it was a dreadful night for American politics and with Trump needing to reverse polling figures he lost out most, but polls suggested Hilary won the debates and she did not win the presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Those against Donald Trump have easy takeaways, making sure press report accurately: that Trump was cause of the "shitshow" and prompted white supremacists to take action, but interesting to see what the pro-Trump crowd think.

Trump's primary approach seems to make people fear Biden's presidency. His secondary approach seems to be wanting people to see that jobs increased during his past four years. Most are saying it was a dreadful night for American politics and with Trump needing to reverse polling figures he lost out most, but polls suggested Hilary won the debates and she did not win the presidency.
    These debates are so churlish uninformative ,just spats , insults , bit like this Trump thread.

Dreadful day for world politics as what the USA do and say factors into all our life's.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    These debates are so churlish uninformative ,just spats , insults , bit like this Trump thread.

Dreadful day for world politics as what the USA do and say factors into all our life's.
    As you're both-sidesing this, here's a couple of questions for you:

Would the debate have been different if it was trump vs someone else?

Would the debate have been different if it was Biden vs someone else?

Yes or no will suffice for both.

As you're both-sidesing this, here's a couple of questions for you:

Would the debate have been different if it was trump vs someone else?

Would the debate have been different if it was Biden vs someone else?

Yes or no will suffice for both.
    It was tough but here are the answers.

No, it would not have been different if it was trump and someone else.

Yes, it would have been different if it was Biden and someone else.

Do you think you getting this impression is what the White House Press Secretary meant by "Exactly what @realDonaldTrump wanted”?

What is the alternative? If you can't trust the fake news, the live debates are pointless and the election is rigged then why should you vote....oh, maybe it is what Donald Trump wants?

She won the popular vote, however.

Trump is so much worse than the covid virus...He may end up being responsible for the death of millions

Do you think you getting this impression is what the White House Press Secretary meant by "Exactly what @realDonaldTrump wanted”?

What is the alternative? If you can't trust the fake news, the live debates are pointless and the election is rigged then why should you vote....oh, maybe it is what Donald Trump wants?
    I think the whole debates feeds the Trump frenzy .

Nancy Pelosi did warn Joe not to debate .

Its definitely what Trump wanted ,he loves it, he interrupted Biden 73 times ,hey any publicity is better than no publicity.

I think the whole debates feeds the Trump frenzy .

Nancy Pelosi did warn Joe not to debate .

Its definitely what Trump wanted ,he loves it, he interrupted Biden 73 times ,hey any publicity is better than no publicity.
    As Mark Twain said

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Something we could all relate to!

You have to wonder how much of that is refusal to believe the reality that most Americans don't like him, and how much is being surrounded by yes men who tell him what he wants to hear (that he's winning).
    It's God delusion

As Mark Twain said

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Something we could all relate to!
    Glad you used the 'we '

In addition:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pres...eslie-marshall

A good analysis of how the evening went I think. The narrative I mean rather than just the video.

You're not still watching that Fox shit surely? Come on man, have a bit more respect for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    In addition:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/pres...eslie-marshall

A good analysis of how the evening went I think. The narrative I mean rather than just the video.
    Gosh Fox news turning on the Trump whats left for the man but retirement in Florida or Scotland.

Gosh Fox news turning on the Trump whats left for the man but retirement in Florida or Scotland.
    You never know he could catch Covid!

it doesn't exist how could he catch a fake virus?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    it doesn't exist how could he catch a fake virus?
    Being cynical, it’s quite a convenient time to catch the virus. I expect a Lazarus like recovery then him telling all that it’s nothing to worry about.

Super Trump.

It's a shame, it is what it is though!

I think it will disappear...just like a miracle. If not an injection of bleach, a bombardment of ultra violet rays (sorry even more ultra-violet rays than normal) and a healthy course of hydroxochloroquine should do the trick.

It's a shame, it is what it is though!

I think it will disappear...just like a miracle. If not an injection of bleach, a bombardment of ultra violet rays (sorry even more ultra-violet rays than normal) and a healthy course of hydroxochloroquine should do the trick.
    He'll be fine by Easter.