+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

We can only hope and pray than this vile creature is removed from office tonight, then subjected to the full force of the law and incarcerated in one of those lovely penal facilities the USA provides.

The ultimate karma.

If trump loses, I think there's a fair chance he leaves the US in December and doesn't come back.

Anyone remember this?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone remember this?

The closer it gets, the more jittery I become, still got this awful feeling it could be 2016 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The closer it gets, the more jittery I become, still got this awful feeling it could be 2016 all over again.
    Me too.

This just out from Jeb Bush's camapign manager which fits inside the range of possible recent polling outcomes showing a tightening in battleground states:

Jeb Bush's campaign manager, Danny Diaz, picks Dems to win the House and Rs to win the Senate.... Biden to win the popular vote by 6 million.... and Trump to win the Electoral College w/ 278 EVs. Total turnout: 150 million +

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-polls-update

From September 2016!

This Modern World.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Anyone remember this?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...went-bust.html

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...easy-losing-is

If that's the body language and messaging of a winner then he's a better con-man than even I think he was. Listen to his messaging if you want some succour. Don't talk about Pennsylvania or anywhere that isn't Texas, Arizona and possibly Florida. If this isn't throwing the towel in it is a strangely downbeat speech for a winner!

just seen on twitter thousands of people marching in Nigeria in support for trump waving american flags and trump t shirts .etc whats all that about ? so bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just seen on twitter thousands of people marching in Nigeria in support for trump waving american flags and trump t shirts .etc whats all that about ? so bizarre
    Apparently Trump has e-mailed a load of Nigerians saying that he has a lot of money but it is trapped in banks because of the election and he needs their help transferring it out of the country.

Nothing has happened overnight to change the feeling of foreboding I had about the election, in fact it's grown.

Nothing has happened overnight to change the feeling of foreboding I had about the election, in fact it's grown.
    I’ve never been one for counting chickens.

I guess the fact that Trump is already trying to eliminate postal votes is a ray of hope

Where's the landslide I'm shocked 😲

1. Republicans rush through Supreme Court nomination with latest Justice refusing to give an opinion on abortion as part of the interview. Steve Bannon and right wing conspiracists spread allegations without evidence about opponents family member and Trump's family declare Biden's a marxist (culture war) seemingly having no idea of what that word means.

2. Evangelicals and conspiracy theorists across America see this and vote for Trump, despite him being the least Christian Christian ever. Other votes come in from those who deny climate change, have benefited from cut in taxes (mostly the extremely wealthy) or hate the idea of supporting each other's healthcare.

3. Trump declares victory before votes counted and says he's taking it to the Supreme Court, where 3 Justices were approved under his term and Republican's hold the majority.

America continues to be on fire whatever the final result. The Republican Party continues to be a Trump'iist institution (how many not in family Trump spoke at his nomination?) and no deal brexit during aftermath of a pandemic becomes slightly more likely.

Think that sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    1. Republicans rush through Supreme Court nomination with latest Justice refusing to give an opinion on abortion as part of the interview. Steve Bannon and right wing conspiracists spread allegations without evidence about opponents family member and Trump's family declare Biden's a marxist (culture war) seemingly having no idea of what that word means.

2. Evangelicals and conspiracy theorists across America see this and vote for Trump, despite him being the least Christian Christian ever. Other votes come in from those who deny climate change, have benefited from cut in taxes (mostly the extremely wealthy) or hate the idea of supporting each other's healthcare.

3. Trump declares victory before votes counted and says he's taking it to the Supreme Court, where 3 Justices were approved under his term and Republican's hold the majority.

America continues to be on fire whatever the final result. The Republican Party continues to be a Trump'iist institution (how many not in family Trump spoke at his nomination?) and no deal brexit during aftermath of a pandemic becomes slightly more likely.

Think that sums it up.
    (1.5 The party of the "left" shoots itself in the foot. Some of the more radical leftists could really do with some media/politics training, party over-corrects and selects the more uninspiring candidates, and fails to campaign where it needs to.)

Thought that was a given though for every election

Signs that Biden is inching ahead in the Rust Belt states Wisconsin and Michigan. Trump's Tweets this afternoon read like someone who thinks things are slipping away from him, but I'm still expecting the worst.

Signs that Biden is inching ahead in the Rust Belt states Wisconsin and Michigan. Trump's Tweets this afternoon read like someone who thinks things are slipping away from him, but I'm still expecting the worst.
    Best Democrats can hope for us a 50-50 split in the Senate now. And that’s a tall order. If it is a Biden presidency, it’s going to be a tough few years to govern. https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall
    I'm guessing a bit but if I understand correctly, this means the Supreme Court is majority Republican (3 of which are promoted under Trump's term so hardly moderate), the presidency is Democrat (moderate), the Upper House is likely to be split and lower house is majority Democrat.

Trump may be significantly bad but Republicans turned a blind eye to what he was doing and now have 4 years of building up Pence to challenge whoever replaces Biden. In terms of, what appears to be, losing the main race they have won an awful lot by acting awfully. America is still in pretty bad shape.

(1.5 The party of the "left" shoots itself in the foot. Some of the more radical leftists could really do with some media/politics training, party over-corrects and selects the more uninspiring candidates, and fails to campaign where it needs to.)

Thought that was a given though for every election
    Trump exists because the regular politician's failed: https://twitter.com/elliemaeohagan/s...58807526100992

Trump exists because the regular politician's failed: https://twitter.com/elliemaeohagan/s...58807526100992
    Can you imagine being Boris Johnson trying to juggle his second rate EU deal against the clock versus the UK-USA trade deal which might look a lot different if we are negotiating with Biden rather than Trump? Bet he loves the tick tock of Trump's I know the votes say I've lost but I haven't really strategy so I'll spin it out!

Question.

Many Americans think Trump is actually doing OK, hence it being so close.

What does Biden bring that will make America, and the world a better place. And how does the eventual result have a bearing on the UK's relationship with the US?

[QUOTE=Michael Morris;5133053]Question.

What does Biden bring that will make America, and the world a better place. And how does the eventual result have a bearing on the UK's relationship with the US?[/QUOTE

Obviously the election was nothing about us, From what I saw there was no vision for the next 4 years from either. Biden flogged I will manage coronavirus and internal and international affairs more rationally than Trump. Trump said I did a good job with the economy before the virus came along and I am more experienced now than when you elected me.

In fairness, regardless of who wins, loads more people voted this year than. ever. One problem may be that for somewhere badging itself as a true democracy it seems really difficult to opt in rather than opt out of voting.

On the second point, Trump's team are a lot closer to Boris Johnson than Joe Biden and the Democrats. The main tenet of the Leave campaign that has moved now into mainstream government since the election is that we can hook up with vibrant economies like the US and the deals we do will outweigh anything we lose from being part of the EU single market.

We negotiated a withdrawal agreement with the EU which pivots on managing a seamless border with Ireland. Johnson threw some flames on that agreement after it was ratified as an international treaty to show that the UK would have a "No Deal" if necessary.

Long winded, but as far as the UK -US relationship goes, Biden, as an Irish American, and the Democrat majority in the House of Representatives will not ratify a UK-US trade agreement that threatens the Good Friday Agreement though another Trump Administration might be more agreeable.

Johnson is wrestling with how many consessions he can make in the EU deal without making it look like why did we bother. He could play a stronger hand if Trump won but the longer that takes to reach a conclusion the weaker hand he plays.

Does that make sense?

Knowing what we do about DT and still 65 million people support him.

Noah, ready the boat. A great flood is the only thing that can save us.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Question.

What does Biden bring that will make America, and the world a better place. And how does the eventual result have a bearing on the UK's relationship with the US?
    Trump is doing well, in the short term. If anyone can do or say whatever they want, earn more money and ignore any looming issue then everything is okay...in the short term. But if Trump is doing okay then why have so many of his inner circle been fired or arrested? Why are there so many conspiracy theorists supporting him? Why do countries like Poland have a better relationship than ever with America and are restricting rights to abortion and denying homosexuality exists?

Trump has delivered much of what he promised which is why he's got votes again - it makes him different from a politician. But would you want your child acting as he does? And he would become just the fourth president to only win 4 years. The others are Hoover (8 years of a different republican president before his 4 years as a republican, same with George Bush senior and then democrat Jimmy Carter who promoted something akin to austerity) so is he doing so well?

Biden takes longer term issues, such as climate change, seriously. He is also not the perfect candidate by far. Trump likes Brexit, Biden favours maintaing peace in Isle of Ireland - latter makes a deal with EU slightly more likely.