+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 367 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 9155

Thread: The Donald Trump thread

Re: The Donald Trump thread

I have an inkling that we will still be 'patiently waiting to see what happens next' at the time Don leaves office.
    If he genuinely meant to 'do good' then I think he's taken on too established an establishment. Sadly.

I also have an inkling that 'draining the swamp' for the pure sake of draining it was never the highest of priorities for Donald himself, other than to attempt to create his own comfortable surroundings so that he could be 'Trump the Greatest' for as long as he pleased.
    I also wonder whether those with a genuine interest in upsetting the apple cart have since departed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    I have an inkling that we will still be 'patiently waiting to see what happens next' at the time Don leaves office.
    If he genuinely meant to 'do good' then I think he's taken on too established an establishment. Sadly.

I also have an inkling that 'draining the swamp' for the pure sake of draining it was never the highest of priorities for Donald himself, other than to attempt to create his own comfortable surroundings so that he could be 'Trump the Greatest' for as long as he pleased.
    I also wonder whether those with a genuine interest in upsetting the apple cart have since departed.
    It's still too difficult to call, but at least you have some idea of what might be going on but it could also be that nothing is going on

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Jeez, just a few days after predictions by some that this was being set as a "nothingburger" (whatever that is) we get the jaw dropping expose of a failure to fully deregister the account of an accused fraudster as he was linked to a shared e-mail account. Pulitzer can't be far away for Sean and Luke on this one.
    Rather than trivialising the matter, did you check to see who the other person sharing this secret email address was?

Big week for Don!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
    Big week coming up!
    7:49 pm - 4 Sep 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Rather than trivialising the matter, did you check to see who the other person sharing this secret email address was?
    Once I got past 4 google pages of right wing conspirasist websites all salivating and amplifying the same thing I found this on one of them.

The 123@mail.house.gov appears to be a typical test email account. Used for testing new applications or debugging. The email account is not linked to a user profile so Imran Awan will not be able to login using an RSA token, etc. into the house.gov network. This email account poses no danger, nor can Awan access emails sent to it (or send emails from it) after he was terminated.This story is a much ado over nothing.

That coupled with the fact that Awan never had security clearance suggested much ado about nothing. If there was anything more "sensational" in this I have a feeling it would be brought to our attention to be honest.

By the way, when this thread started your on the fence even handed wait and see great expectation of non-Trump related consipacy scandal were trafficking and the Seventh Floor of the State Department. Like someone recently said, hoping that something is true won't make it true.

Once I got past 4 google pages of right wing conspirasist websites all salivating and amplifying the same thing I found this on one of them.

The 123@mail.house.gov appears to be a typical test email account. Used for testing new applications or debugging. The email account is not linked to a user profile so Imran Awan will not be able to login using an RSA token, etc. into the house.gov network. This email account poses no danger, nor can Awan access emails sent to it (or send emails from it) after he was terminated.This story is a much ado over nothing.

That coupled with the fact that Awan never had security clearance suggested much ado about nothing. If there was anything more "sensational" in this I have a feeling it would be brought to our attention to be honest.

By the way, when this thread started your on the fence even handed wait and see great expectation of non-Trump related consipacy scandal were trafficking and the Seventh Floor of the State Department. Like someone recently said, hoping that something is true won't make it true.
    Nothing I have said has been proved wrong so far. The 7th Floor of the State Department had a massive clear out of senior staff, as reported by the press. Trafficking is a huge problem as stated by numerous charities and government agencies. None of these situations have been resolved, they are still very much in play, as are the email problems effecting nearly every senior Democrat. There is a new guy in charge of the FBI, so we are going to find if there has been any wrongdoing when all the investigations are complete. There is no more Comey to stack the deck and let everybody off this time.

The 123@mail.house.gov appears to be a typical test email account
    So would you be using this typical test email account as a personal business email address, and then give it out to random people who are renting a house from you?

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...3049-Scan.html

Much ado over nothing indeed.

So would you be using this typical test email account as a personal business email address, and then give it out to random people who are renting a house from you?

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...3049-Scan.html

Much ado over nothing indeed.
    Just so I understand what this is.

An accused fraudster, being separately pursued by someone for a debt gave that person the highly sensitive, back door into systems e-mail address that he may or may not be using for his clandestine actions (which may or may not include hacking DNC servers neither e-mail account has security clearance for) rather than an e-mail address that would make him more easily traceable.

When do we leap to the 100 times bigger than Watergate and Iran Contra bit?

Just so I understand what this is.

An accused fraudster, being separately pursued by someone for a debt gave that person the highly sensitive, back door into systems e-mail address that he may or may not be using for his clandestine actions (which may or may not include hacking DNC servers neither e-mail account has security clearance for) rather than an e-mail address that would make him more easily traceable.

When do we leap to the 100 times bigger than Watergate and Iran Contra bit?
    It's all a bit odd isn't it. He's also claiming he is so broke that he's been forced to drive for Uber to make money, yet he turns up in court with 3 top Clinton megabucks lawyers.

You may have made up your mind, but there are certainly enough descrepencies for me to keep my mind open.

It's all a bit odd isn't it. He's also claiming he is so broke that he's been forced to drive for Uber to make money, yet he turns up in court with 3 top Clinton megabucks lawyers.

You may have made up your mind, but there are certainly enough descrepencies for me to keep my mind open.
    I haven't seen anything in any media that shows any evidence that some hidden hand is funding his defence. I have made up my mind based on all the evidence provided so far that this is not much more than a fanciful alternative theory (Daily Caller reporter/Hannity Fox News) on how the DNC server information got to Wikileaks that can be used to throw doubt on the most likely theory that it was performed by the Russians and therefore some of the other elements being formally investigated (by special counsel of the DoJ, Senate and Congressional Committees) of potential collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia can get discredited. You have to jump off the fence once in a while based on the facts to hand and draw a conclusion. Time will tell if I am right or not.

Nothing I have said has been proved wrong so far. The 7th Floor of the State Department had a massive clear out of senior staff, as reported by the press. Trafficking is a huge problem as stated by numerous charities and government agencies. None of these situations have been resolved, they are still very much in play, as are the email problems effecting nearly every senior Democrat. There is a new guy in charge of the FBI, so we are going to find if there has been any wrongdoing when all the investigations are complete. There is no more Comey to stack the deck and let everybody off this time.
    A massive clear out of senior staff is not proving to be that unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Keep the comments coming

Last year they were everybody's favourite "Deep State" then Tillerson sacked them all but obviously deep state was much deeper than "Deep State" because deep state continues its dirty work pretty much untroubled.

Last year they were everybody's favourite "Deep State" then Tillerson sacked them all but obviously deep state was much deeper than "Deep State" because deep state continues its dirty work pretty much untroubled.
    I'm guessing he cut the links from the State Department to the CF/CGI, I may be wrong though.

Keep the comments coming
    Well, as you ask, I'm interested to know why these are all examples of things which haven't been proven wrong so far...and yet when it comes to ongoing investigations into Trump, the silence means there is nothing untoward.

I haven't seen anything in any media that shows any evidence that some hidden hand is funding his defence. I have made up my mind based on all the evidence provided so far that this is not much more than a fanciful alternative theory (Daily Caller reporter/Hannity Fox News) on how the DNC server information got to Wikileaks that can be used to throw doubt on the most likely theory that it was performed by the Russians and therefore some of the other elements being formally investigated (by special counsel of the DoJ, Senate and Congressional Committees) of potential collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia can get discredited. You have to jump off the fence once in a while based on the facts to hand and draw a conclusion. Time will tell if I am right or not.
    It's either that or a massive spy ring is operating in congress. The one thing we know for certain is the MSM are staying zipped. In fact, there is more chance of a civil war or financial crash happening than anything bad being reported about the Democrats. As you say, time will tell, and our faith in the MSM is either going to be strenthened or destroyed

Well, as you ask, I'm interested to know why these are all examples of things which haven't been proven wrong so far...and yet when it comes to ongoing investigations into Trump, the silence means there is nothing untoward.
    It's a game of chess and we are still seeing the opening moves.

It's a game of chess and we are still seeing the opening moves.
    bloody hell, if you don't have a decent answer you can just not bother replying

"..one thing we know for certain, the MSM.. yadda, yadda".

'We'?
    MSM = all of 'em? each and every one of them?

Fair play W-B, you have some stamina. ;)

Big week for Don!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
    Big week coming up!
    7:49 pm - 4 Sep 2017
    The great statesman that is Donald Trump, confronted with seeing through a campaign commitment to deal with DACA kids (but presumably not the regular television images of kids who know no home other than the USA being deported to far flung lands they have never seen) dumps the announcement off on his favourite punchbag Jeff Sessions and the consequences of his action onto Congress to deal with. Big week indeed!

The great statesman that is Donald Trump, confronted with seeing through a campaign commitment to deal with DACA kids (but presumably not the regular television images of kids who know no home other than the USA being deported to far flung lands they have never seen) dumps the announcement off on his favourite punchbag Jeff Sessions and the consequences of his action onto Congress to deal with. Big week indeed!
    He had no choice, Obama acted beyond his remit and individual states were going to sue the government and get them removed immediately. What Trump did is heroic, he has given Congress the chance to come up with new laws. This is a far better situation for those affected by DACA!

He had no choice, Obama acted beyond his remit and individual states were going to sue the government and get them removed immediately. What Trump did is heroic, he has given Congress the chance to come up with new laws. This is a far better situation for those affected by DACA!
    You and I must have a different picture of what a hero looks like. This was a Trump campaign pledge (another one of those easy ones) that when confronted with its consequences he offloaded onto others.

You and I must have a different picture of what a hero looks like. This was a Trump campaign pledge (another one of those easy ones) that when confronted with its consequences he offloaded onto others.
    Would you prefer that Texas and other states sue the government and these people get deported imeddiately?

Trump has done the right thing here. Just as with Obama, he has no real power to pass these kinds of laws via executive privalige as they can easily be challenged in court and overturned (remember the immigration fiasco). The best option is to have proper laws made through congress, which is what is going to happen.

BTW during the Clinton email investigation (that thing that won't go away), Comey was offered the missing 30,000 emails from the NSA and he turned them down!