+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Chief Scout Appointed - Another positive interview with the Gaffer

New Chief Scout Appointed - Another positive interview with the Gaffer

Re: New Chief Scout Appointed - Another positive interview with the Gaffer

Can anyone summarise what was said? Can't see the video.

Warnock certainly has some great qualities as a manager, but in some ways he is undoubtedly a bit of a dinosaur.
    Player recruitment is an area where many clubs are doing revolutionary things, and given the description of our process from Dalman it seems as though we are a little bit off the pace already.

Perhaps I've underestimated him but i do worry if Warnock is having an influence over some of these areas then we might be going a bit old school.

Won't let you in, gotta fill in a joining up rubbish.

Glyn Chamberlain appointed as Chief Scout.

Cornwall pre season in July confirmed. 3 games during week dates and opposition to follow shortly.

Various other bits and pieces, but in a hurry sorry!

2001-2005 he was a scout at Fulham
    2005-2009 chief scout at Crewe Alexandra
    2009 a scout at Burton.

Seems a reasonable pedigree if not astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2009 a scout at Burton.

Yeah,but can he paint?

2009 a scout at Burton.

Dib dib dib ! Dob dob dob !

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Yeah,but can he paint?

Warnock certainly has some great qualities as a manager, but in some ways he is undoubtedly a bit of a dinosaur.
    Player recruitment is an area where many clubs are doing revolutionary things, and given the description of our process from Dalman it seems as though we are a little bit off the pace already.

Perhaps I've underestimated him but i do worry if Warnock is having an influence over some of these areas then we might be going a bit old school.
    Just what the fans wanted old skool, just don't let's return to the supposed modern world that previous city management teams brought to our club. Let's build slowly and right,provide a solid platform for a modern Bellamy

Mark Warburton has now lost his job twice as his former clubs make a point of wanting to move to a more modern approach; however I don't remember Brentford getting close to the play-offs again since and Rangers aren't going to do better than 2nd in the SPL for many years.

I think what many clubs are seeking is the sort of stability that a modern approach can afford you once your dinosaur has left. Considering Warnock's march to retirement and it's probably correct that we are thinking about the future but, as he points out, his experience in this division can't be matched and this is probably going to beat a modern approach by one of the many clubs not really sure how to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just what the fans wanted old skool, just don't let's return to the supposed modern world that previous city management teams brought to our club. Let's build slowly and right,provide a solid platform for a modern Bellamy
    We have gone back to an old school playing style, and that has yielded a vast improvement on the pitch.
    However that doesn't mean we can't adopt a more modern recruitment policy at the same time.
    The fans aren't demanding old school scouts, just good performances.
    Of course even in the most modern of recruitment policies there is still a big place for traditional scouting, and there's nothing to say we aren't going to try to be more progressive, but i cant really imagine Warnock or a guy who was last working as a scout 7 years ago to be that up on the latest stuff. I may be doing them a big disservice but that's just the feeling i get.
    Anyway hopefully this guy is shit hot at the scouting stuff and this goes hand in hand with better use of analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Mark Warburton has now lost his job twice as his former clubs make a point of wanting to move to a more modern approach; however I don't remember Brentford getting close to the play-offs again since and Rangers aren't going to do better than 2nd in the SPL for many years.

I think what many clubs are seeking is the sort of stability that a modern approach can afford you once your dinosaur has left. Considering Warnock's march to retirement and it's probably correct that we are thinking about the future but, as he points out, his experience in this division can't be matched and this is probably going to beat a modern approach by one of the many clubs not really sure how to complete it.
    Brentford have the 4th lowest operating budget in the division and have consistently out performed that, recruitment being particularly a strong point.

On typing in his name today i have found that he has also worked with Burnley in some capacity in the last five years.

All you wanted to know about Glyn Chamberlain

http://www.vipfaq.com/Glyn%20Chamberlain.html

Banned

Absolutely fantastic, if that news don't put 10k on season ticket sales I don't know what will.

We have gone back to an old school playing style, and that has yielded a vast improvement on the pitch.
    However that doesn't mean we can't adopt a more modern recruitment policy at the same time.
    The fans aren't demanding old school scouts, just good performances.
    Of course even in the most modern of recruitment policies there is still a big place for traditional scouting, and there's nothing to say we aren't going to try to be more progressive, but i cant really imagine Warnock or a guy who was last working as a scout 7 years ago to be that up on the latest stuff. I may be doing them a big disservice but that's just the feeling i get.
    Anyway hopefully this guy is shit hot at the scouting stuff and this goes hand in hand with better use of analysis.
    And how have we arrived at a point where we know this new recruit cannot find talent, how modern crept into this argument I am unsure ,and how it relates. All I see is big clubs scouting in the traditional way young talent like the lad Man City just grabbed , our scouting system of recent times was poor.

Give the lad a chance ,we know Warnock has ,and we know he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And how have we arrived at a point where we know this new recruit cannot find talent, how modern crept into this argument I am unsure ,and how it relates. All I see is big clubs scouting in the traditional way young talent like the lad Man City just grabbed , our scouting system of recent times was poor.

Give the lad a chance ,we know Warnock has ,and we know he knows his stuff.
    I'm fully prepared to give the fella a chance, i hope he's a shit hot scout.
    But if our recruitment process is as Dalman described then it isn't optimal.
    Our best signing in a while was bamba, and him and hoilett came from Warnock not our recruitment team.
    We can certainly up our game.

I'm fully prepared to give the fella a chance, i hope he's a shit hot scout.
    But if our recruitment process is as Dalman described then it isn't optimal.
    Our best signing in a while was bamba, and him and hoilett came from Warnock not our recruitment team.
    We can certainly up our game.
    What was said?