+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Chief Scout Appointed - Another positive interview with the Gaffer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: New Chief Scout Appointed - Another positive interview with the Gaffer

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We have gone back to an old school playing style, and that has yielded a vast improvement on the pitch.
    However that doesn't mean we can't adopt a more modern recruitment policy at the same time.
    The fans aren't demanding old school scouts, just good performances.
    Of course even in the most modern of recruitment policies there is still a big place for traditional scouting, and there's nothing to say we aren't going to try to be more progressive, but i cant really imagine Warnock or a guy who was last working as a scout 7 years ago to be that up on the latest stuff. I may be doing them a big disservice but that's just the feeling i get.
    Anyway hopefully this guy is shit hot at the scouting stuff and this goes hand in hand with better use of analysis.
    And how have we arrived at a point where we know this new recruit cannot find talent, how modern crept into this argument I am unsure ,and how it relates. All I see is big clubs scouting in the traditional way young talent like the lad Man City just grabbed , our scouting system of recent times was poor.

Give the lad a chance ,we know Warnock has ,and we know he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    And how have we arrived at a point where we know this new recruit cannot find talent, how modern crept into this argument I am unsure ,and how it relates. All I see is big clubs scouting in the traditional way young talent like the lad Man City just grabbed , our scouting system of recent times was poor.

Give the lad a chance ,we know Warnock has ,and we know he knows his stuff.
    I'm fully prepared to give the fella a chance, i hope he's a shit hot scout.
    But if our recruitment process is as Dalman described then it isn't optimal.
    Our best signing in a while was bamba, and him and hoilett came from Warnock not our recruitment team.
    We can certainly up our game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm fully prepared to give the fella a chance, i hope he's a shit hot scout.
    But if our recruitment process is as Dalman described then it isn't optimal.
    Our best signing in a while was bamba, and him and hoilett came from Warnock not our recruitment team.
    We can certainly up our game.
    What was said?