Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
I have often thought about how ridiculous democracy is. The entrepreneurs amongst us who create thousands of jobs and who take major risks have exactly the same voting rights as the people stopped in the street and who wouldn't know one end of a balance sheet to another, let alone the complexities of running a country (and I include myself in that number).
It's like a owning a factory and all the major decisions being decided by the factory hands, who outnumber the major decision makers at the top end of the company. You only have to witness the vox-pops on the news to see the weakness of the system.
Let's be honest, most of us are not knowledgeable enough to vote on many major issues that effect the country.
And yet, we couldn't be selective in the process, that would be quite the can of worms.
The system is based on an assumption that the average man & woman is knowledgeable and does actually care about what is going on around them/us.

Clearly it is has become outmoded and needs an overhaul. (Some believe that it is coming ;)
What might this overhaul look like, and who may be hauling it over us?