+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man dies charging mobile phone whilst in bath...

Man dies charging mobile phone whilst in bath...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39307418
    Hard to believe some people's stupidity, but I'm staggered by people's need to be with their mobiles. Saw a woman go arse over tit, whilst texting and crossing the road near the Victoria Park pub recently, she was bawling and had bloodied knees and hands and damaged her phone, but it could have been worse. On the City coaches, I've seen lorry drivers texting whilst steering with their elbows, dozens of texting car drivers doing at least 60 mph. What's wrong with these people? Maybe I'm just an old git?

Re: Man dies charging mobile phone whilst in bath...

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Hard to believe some people's stupidity, but I'm staggered by people's need to be with their mobiles. Saw a woman go arse over tit, whilst texting and crossing the road near the Victoria Park pub recently, she was bawling and had bloodied knees and hands and damaged her phone, but it could have been worse. On the City coaches, I've seen lorry drivers texting whilst steering with their elbows, dozens of texting car drivers doing at least 60 mph. What's wrong with these people? Maybe I'm just an old git?
    When I came up to the game last Saturday there was a young lad in Burger King with a mobile phone which had, what appeared to be, a ring stuck on the back so the phone could be semi-permanently attached to his hand. Tell me I was mistaken please!

Watch Black Mirror, you're not an old git. You're the last of the sensible generations.

There was a woman recently who was nearly killed in the New York metro when she dropped her mobile onto the track. She climbed down to get it but if another passenger hadn't helped her,she may not have got up in time. A man was electrocuted charging his mobile phone whilst sat in the bath and the coroner is going to write to Apple suggesting they put a warning on the chargers,in case people are not aware of the dangers of using electrical equipment near water.

There's been a few candidates for Darwin awards already this year including a story I read just this week about a model being hit by a train during a photoshoot despite the train sounding it's horn and slamming on the emergency brake she stayed on the track!

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    There was a woman recently who was nearly killed in the New York metro when she dropped her mobile onto the track. She climbed down to get it but if another passenger hadn't helped her,she may not have got up in time. A man was electrocuted charging his mobile phone whilst sat in the bath and the coroner is going to write to Apple suggesting they put a warning on the chargers,in case people are not aware of the dangers of using electrical equipment near water.
    It wasn't even the Mobile phone he had an extension lead resting on his chest

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It wasn't even the Mobile phone he had an extension lead resting on his chest
    I thought evolution would have killed off stupidity like that by now but clearly it's still work in progress

Here's another beauty

https://youtu.be/b4uocBKzelU

'We' ought to be educating people that they really, really don't need to have their heads in a 'phone every waking minute.
    But, possibly, instead these sort of pandering notions begin to creep in!:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...ights-whatsapp

I'm all for less injuries, but in the long term - how does that sort of thing actually help?
    How long before Local Authorities are sued by injured Smartphone obsessives who maintain that not enough was done to protect them from themselves?!

Someone who I know fairly well has had a silly amount of shunts and bumps in her car in recent years (no it's not the wife ;) ). I know for a fact that this same person has become absolutely obsessed with Social Media during the same time-frame and is permanently glued to her phone.
    It doesn't take Poirot.

There is such a stigma attached to drink driving - and fair enough too - no one could ever condone it, but I'd be willing to bet that a person who has drunk two pints, or had several glasses of wine the night before, but who is is focussed on driving would be a hell of a lot less dangerous on the road than someone who is not focussed, is distracted by their phone notifications and is fiddling with the damn thing.

The law is cracking down, but there should be the same stigma.

I suspect that there isn't the same stigma - maybe because so many people are actively doing it, or are relatively sympathetic to the offenders situation or those that get caught.

Yeah, she could have broken it completely!

"People are too obsessed with technology!" yell people on Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    "People are too obsessed with technology!" yell people on Internet.

Did it come as a shock to his family?

I have one of those travel mugs with "caution, contents may be hot" written on it.
    Who the hell do they think will be filling it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Did it come as a shock to his family?
    Pretty bad taste under the current circumstances don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Pretty bad taste under the current circumstances don't you think?
    You ever thought of going on the comedy circuit mate lolol

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You ever thought of going on the comedy circuit mate lolol
    Watt?

Darwin awards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Darwin awards.
    Second prize goes to these guys, has to be a joke surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Watt?
    Ohm my God, that's terrible

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Darwin awards.
    Given your username it's unfortunate you chose to make a contribution to this thread.