+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The end of the France v Wales match (egg)

The end of the France v Wales match (egg)

This is bonkers. 95 mins in now.

Re: The end of the France v Wales match (egg)

Who won?

Still going. 98 mins now.

Well that was mental. Finally ended 99 mins 55 seconds after what must have been 10 scrums on the Welsh 5 meter line. France needed to score a try to make the score 18-18 and they just converted it to win.

[QUOTE=Colonel Cærdiffi;4727575]Well that was mental. Finally ended 99 mins 55 seconds after what must have been 10 scrums on the Welsh 5 meter line. France needed to score a try to make the score 18-18 and they just converted it to win.[/QUOTE

Welsh egg

In any other circumstance Barnes would have gone to the TMO to establish if the ball had been grounded over the try line. He will take a lot of flak.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    In any other circumstance Barnes would have gone to the TMO to establish if the ball had been grounded over the try line. He will take a lot of flak.
    Wa?? TMO?? No one knows what you are on about mun

You are 100% correct. Shambolic refereeing at the end. He lost the plot.

Perry Jason. You are an easy poster to find. Always lurking in the egg threads.🤔
    Last edited by William Treseder; 18-03-17 at 17:36. Reason: Spelling

First 10-15 minutes suggested Wales would lose by circa 20 points but then, through a mixture of an interesting call by the ref and French giving away tons of penalties, Wales suddenly find themselves in a position to win. It suddenly turns as Wales recover possession and kick away (haven't we heard that before?) as the ball unfortunately goes too far and it's French possession, which lead to the farcical scrum scenario.

I think the positive from that finish is that losing the game seems to matter little by the end of the 101 minute (at least as a spectator) but the downside is finishing 5th in the 6 Nations.

- Warburton and Tipuric can play in the same side, and Warburton looks much better without the captaincy
    - We have some strength in depth in the pack at last
    - We are likely to get a break from Friday night rugby in Cardiff.

Can anyone think of any more (real) positives?

Why?????????

He obviously saw the ball was grounded. The replays show it was grounded.

Why will he get flak??? For getting the right decision???

Newport lost, eggers flopped again and should Bournemouth hold on against [censored] it'll be a spectacular day.

He made the correct decision though. I thought he played too much advantage for some of the penalties though. We didn't deserve that, but then they'll feel they did. At least we didn't need to win for the championship cos I'd be feeling a lot worse about it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why?????????

He obviously saw the ball was grounded. The replays show it was grounded.

Why will he get flak??? For getting the right decision???
    It is very unlikely he could be certain the ball was grounded from where he was standing. It is the norm to go to the TMO these days but he clearly didn't want to given how long the game went on for. He will receive a lot of criticism for the farcical nature of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He made the correct decision though. I thought he played too much advantage for some of the penalties though. We didn't deserve that, but then they'll feel they did. At least we didn't need to win for the championship cos I'd be feeling a lot worse about it otherwise.
    I'm glad it was grounded but Dear God the advantage law needs looking at.

I'm glad it was grounded but Dear God the advantage law needs looking at.
    What? The one where the only way to lose it is to score a try or kick the ball away? Rugby likes to change its rules so often but there are things that still are hard to understand.

Banned

The Welsh defence was immense which will be overlooked by all the people who haven't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    What? The one where the only way to lose it is to score a try or kick the ball away? Rugby likes to change its rules so often but there are things that still are hard to understand.
    Yep. It has pretty much reached that stage. Playing the advantage needs to be limited to say thirty seconds.To see refs playing advantage for phase after phase and then go back to the original infringement is ridiculous.
    Our defence was decent but again our backplay was so poor.

After 10 scrums and countless minutes of mind numbing pressure, no real action , other than bodies piling senselely into each other , perhaps France deserved the win, let's move on .

City won with a half decent crowd ,and this is a football messaboard ??

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think our placement in the six nations group will affect our world cup seeding though.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I think our placement in the six nations group will affect our world cup seeding though.
    I think the game next Friday will have a greater impact tbd

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    In the end it didn't matter.We will be second seeds which is ok.Had we won and Ireland lost we would have been top seeds.

In the end it didn't matter.We will be second seeds which is ok.Had we won and Ireland lost we would have been top seeds.
    Thanks for the info and providing a sensible answer, unlike that TH63 with his trolling, ruining every thread ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Newport lost, eggers flopped again and should Bournemouth hold on against [censored] it'll be a spectacular day.
    A very good day.

Bournemouth 2 - 0 S*****a