+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoroughly enjoyable game

Thoroughly enjoyable game

I went to the game this morning expecting a pretty drab game that would probably feature one goal if any.

However i thought we played some excellent stuff and opened up an Ipswich team who were far better than Birmingham last week on a number of occasions.

I thought both our centre backs were excellent again and provided us the platform to play some lovely football.

Jazz Richards has got to be making himself the number one right back at the club at the moment as i thought he was brilliant again today.

Bennett made a big mistake off our own attacking free kick which nearly cost us a goal but other than that he was solid defensively and offered us loads going forward, especially second half.

I thought Gunnarsson was a little bit off his game and Whittingham was very poor first half but both grew into the game as it went on.

Noone didn't really do anything which would warrant keeping him though his presence along with Harris gave us a much better shape that last week.

Hoilett was much better than last week and if only he could finish! His assist for Zohore's second goal was sublime.

Harris was a constant threat and he's the bravest player I've seen down the City for a long time. He attacks the full back every time he gets the ball and he done brilliantly for Bennetts goal.

Zohore is the best player we've had at this club for years.

He's unplayable at times. He's strong, fast, powerful, an excellent finisher, got decent vision and dare i say it he's even getting better in the air. He'll be worth £10 nqat

Re: Thoroughly enjoyable game

£10 for a player in the championship? When will this madness end.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    when we try to offload Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Alright alright!

Mate you are one for stats, do you know how many goals we've scored from open play under Warnock compared to our previous few managers?

It would be interesting to know as today's collection were brilliant again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I went to the game this morning expecting a pretty drab game that would probably feature one goal if any.

He's unplayable at times. He's strong, fast, powerful, an excellent finisher, got decent vision and dare i say it he's even getting better in the air. He'll be worth £10 nqat
    Leave the write up to Bob ffs.

Are there any better centre backs than Bamba in the Championship. He has been a revelation since day one, however, today he was just sublime on a different level to any other player on the pitch. To think this fella was out of contract when he arrives is unbelievable. I shudder to think where we would be without him from a defensive viewpoint.

Agree with most of the above - Bamba and Zohore were superb, Hoilett was also excellent - his flick to Zohore in particular. But I also thought KADS was great, and his run and pass for Bennet's goal was also brilliant.
    McGregor also pulled off a great point blank save.
    Really looking forward to next season.

Performance today was very professional, they kept the tempo going right to the end Zohore is a revelation, and the set up with two wide pacy player plus Hoilett in a 10 position ,with the big man up front , makes us a very mobile dangerous side .

We need a clever Carrick type midfielder to supplement and exploit this pace.

Back four for me would be Richards, Bennett, Bamba, Manga.

Love to keep Mcgregor, as he is as good or better than Marshall

It's the most enjoyment I've had watching city since the height of the Jones years.

We are consistently playing exciting attacking football and have some players that are a joy to watch. I'm looking forward to every game at the moment.

Thought it was a terrific game from the outset, with both teams creating plenty of chances although we made more overall and were far more clinical.

The case beforehand was for a nailed on draw but both teams went at it to be fair to them.

Zohore was excellent when his chances came, Bamba was rock solid yet again but what surprised me most were the performances of Bennett and Richards. They both played above their normal levels and I lost count of the headers and interceptions won by Bennett.

On the other side, Tom Lawrence has a great first half which bodes well for Wales next week.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Are there any better centre backs than Bamba in the Championship. He has been a revelation since day one, however, today he was just sublime on a different level to any other player on the pitch. To think this fella was out of contract when he arrives is unbelievable. I shudder to think where we would be without him from a defensive viewpoint.
    Bamba must be awful to play against. His awkwardness seems to be his greatest asset and he seems to tackle even when his opponent seems to have rounded him. He's been inspirational. that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Performance today was very professional, they kept the tempo going right to the end Zohore is a revelation, and the set up with two wide pacy player plus Hoilett in a 10 position ,with the big man up front , makes us a very mobile dangerous side .

We need a clever Carrick type midfielder to supplement and exploit this pace.

Back four for me would be Richards, Bennett, Bamba, Manga.

Love to keep Mcgregor, as he is as good or better than Marshall
    I think McGregor is better than Marshall and I think the club should do everything they can to sign him. He could be the difference to us getting promoted