+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the top six

the top six

who in your opinion will make the promised land of the premier league ?

obviously at the present time it is looking like newcastle and brighton are firm favourites with 8 games to go , unless either of them have a serious wobble.

but the next four down 3rd - 6th are all much of a muchness. there is not a lot to pick between them , i feel that even though my team leeds are in there with a shout, we will not make it due to a serious lack of quality throughout the team . but looking at the rest of the contenders , huddersfield, reading , sheff wednesday and maybe fulham all of them would be back down in a couple of seasons in my opinion.

the gap between the premier league and the championship is huge now due, to the amounts of money been paid to clubs who are in the premier league . the championship is dog eat dog every season , the premier league is more or less sorted out before it as even started.

Re: the top six

I read the first line then couldn't be arsed trying to decipher the code you use as the English language.

Whatever you've written, it's bound to be a load of bollocks!

Part of me wants Leeds to go up.

So we can have a good old laugh every week when they get hammered.

Banned

I can see Leeds going up automatic after beating Brighton today.

Despite todays' results, I think we are now looking a a top 7.

Fulham blew a chance to gate crash but there is plenty of time for that to change.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Part of me wants Leeds to go up.

So we can have a good old laugh every week when they get hammered.
    i would hope that if leeds did get promoted serious money would have to be spent , but most of all i would hope that the famous white shirts would not be changed to another colour like some plastic clubs i could mention.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    i would hope that if leeds did get promoted serious money would have to be spent , but most of all i would hope that the famous white shirts would not be changed to another colour like some plastic clubs i could mention.
    No matter how many times you post on our board, every single weekend, you'll never be our rivals. Go and bother Huddersfield.

Oh the irony, I think Leeds should go back to their original blue shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's so weird he'd mention that when it's exactly what happened to Leeds, but they didn't get their original colours back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It's so weird he'd mention that when it's exactly what happened to Leeds, but they didn't get their original colours back either.
    This, but also why is a Leeds fan posting on a Cardiff city mb at one in the morning?

Says the fat useless plastic fan who would rather support someone elses local team rather than his own..
    Utter cock of a man.
    Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Aye. He fookin chooses to ignore the fact that Leeds changed their colours to white as they wanted t' at least look like Real Madrid.

At least we made a stand!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Aye. He fookin chooses to ignore the fact that Leeds changed their colours to white as they wanted t' at least look like Real Madrid.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leed...eds_United.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

They even copied the Huddersfield kit

The Leeds kits before they went all Swansea Town were very good. I particularly like the blue and yellow halves.

revie changed the leeds colours in the early sixties and they are stlll playing in them today . nearly sixty years later .

tan changed cardiffs colours and identity, purely for money greed and premier league football , it lasted less than three years before splitting the fanbase totally from which they have never recovered

there is no comparison whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

From https://en.over-blog.com/Why_are_Lee...art184299.html

"Though initially branded as a gimmick by critics, future England manager Revie’s new design was intended to signify the drawing of a line under the relatively unsuccessful years of the debt-ridden West Yorkshire club. A significantly superstitious man, Revie famously wore his ‘lucky’ blue suit throughout the majority of his tenure"

Sound familiar??

revie changed the leeds colours in the early sixties and they are stlll playing in them today . nearly sixty years later .

tan changed cardiffs colours and identity, purely for money greed and premier league football , it lasted less than three years before splitting the fanbase totally from which they have never recovered

there is no comparison whatsoever.
    Sixty years later - quite. And you're still banging on about that team.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Sixty years later - quite. And you're still banging on about that team.
    well lets put it this way if tan had achieved what revie did , you would all be happy bunnies

well lets put it this way if tan had achieved what revie did , you would all be happy bunnies
    Let's put it this way, you re-branded your kits too so you have no legs to stand on. Also, for all that and your great side, you won the league twice. That's it.

I can absolutely guarantee, my friend, that I wouldn't be spending my free time talking about it on other team's message boards.

Let's put it this way, you re-branded your kits too so you have no legs to stand on. Also, for all that and your great side, you won the league twice. That's it.
    Lest we forget, "The Whites" used to be known as "The Peacocks"

Revie was so superstitious that he thought Birds were unlucky, so also ditched the traditional Owl from their badge

What was one of the first thing Revie do when he took over in the 60's ?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Lest we forget, "The Whites" used to be known as "The Peacocks"

Revie was so superstitious that he thought Birds were unlucky, so also ditched the traditional Owl from their badge
    the owls are sheffield wednesdays emblem, maybe thats why they have played second fiddle to leeds for so long.

the owls are sheffield wednesdays emblem, maybe thats why they have played second fiddle to leeds for so long.
    O rly
    http://www.totalsportek.com/list/mos...tball-history/