+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the top six

Re: the top six

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    the owls are sheffield wednesdays emblem, maybe thats why they have played second fiddle to leeds for so long.
    http://www.wafll.com/leeds-united-badges.html

Spanner!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    he only came on board as a tv glory hunter after Revie won a bit when he was an impressionable lad

the owls are sheffield wednesdays emblem, maybe thats why they have played second fiddle to leeds for so long.
    The symbol of Leeds is an owl. The coat of arms of Leeds are two owls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Leeds

I mean, seriously, you're pretty dense aren't you? We're not even trying and you're proving yourself to be a mug.

many of them clubs who are above leeds in the amount of trophies they have won, fall into two categories .

1. since the advent of the premier league , where it as been all about money , teams such as chelsea , man city , and to a certain extent man utd have all won many of their trophies , on an uneven playing field due to the massive advantages of champions league money etc , the premier league as been a closed shop for many years. for example man utd won more league titles since the premier league was formed than they had done throughout their entire history. chelsea had won virtually nothing before abramovich came along

2. the second category goes back to when adam was a lad , i,e pre world wars one and two , when the competition again was limited to say the least , when players wore hobnailed boots and they were back to work monday morning, the game was totally different then . sunderland , blackburn , newcastle and wolves all fall into that category. sunderland aint won a league title since 1936 but had won five previously newcastle aint won a trophy since 1969 . blackburns last league title was bought by jack walker in 94 prior to that it was before world war 1 .

Spot on chris. I didn't read what you posted but don't let these taffy bastards bring you down. You've as much right to post bullshit here as anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The symbol of Leeds is an owl. The coat of arms of Leeds are two owls.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Leeds

I mean, seriously, you're pretty dense aren't you? We're not even trying and you're proving yourself to be a mug.
    they are just badges or emblems , many clubs do the same , leeds identity as always been the white shirts , you could stick a pink elephant on them it would not matter.

As a Dowlais boy you should be supporting the white shirts of Merthyr Town. Here's their forum:-

http://mtfcforum.team-talk.net/f1-mtfc-news

many of them clubs who are above leeds in the amount of trophies they have won, fall into two categories .

1. since the advent of the premier league , where it as been all about money , teams such as chelsea , man city , and to a certain extent man utd have all won many of their trophies , on an uneven playing field due to the massive advantages of champions league money etc , the premier league as been a closed shop for many years. for example man utd won more league titles since the premier league was formed than they had done throughout their entire history. chelsea had won virtually nothing before abramovich came along

2. the second category goes back to when adam was a lad , i,e pre world wars one and two , when the competition again was limited to say the least , when players wore hobnailed boots and they were back to work monday morning, the game was totally different then . sunderland , blackburn , newcastle and wolves all fall into that category. sunderland aint won a league title since 1936 but had won five previously newcastle aint won a trophy since 1969 . blackburns last league title was bought by jack walker in 94 prior to that it was before world war 1 .
    So you're​ saying that only trophies before the premier league and post WWII should count?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So you're​ saying that only trophies before the premier league and post WWII should count?
    i know it does not count, because trophies are trophies no matter what era you have won them in , but a trophy won in them two eras, does not have the same credibility in my opinion, as a trophy won when it was a much more even playing field and much more competitive than it is today or prior to the two world wars.

i would hope that if leeds did get promoted serious money would have to be spent , but most of all i would hope that the famous white shirts would not be changed to another colour like some plastic clubs i could mention.
    Hilarious. You are aware that Leeds aren't playing in their original colours, arent you?

A picture Leeds fans would rather forget. Shame.

i know it does not count, because trophies are trophies no matter what era you have won them in , but a trophy won in them two eras, does not have the same credibility in my opinion, as a trophy won when it was a much more even playing field and much more competitive than it is today or prior to the two world wars.
    Come again?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

A picture Leeds fans would rather forget. Shame.
    Nice owls!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nice owls!
    This is the only worthwhile contribution he makes to this board. With Leeds being probably the only club we can actually take the piss out of when it comes to rebrands. It's quite theraputic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This is the only worthwhile contribution he makes to this board. With Leeds being probably the only club we can actually take the piss out of when it comes to rebrands. It's quite theraputic.
    It's weird that he would bring it up in the first place though. It's the only thing that's keeping me thinking he's someone's wind up account.

You mean by BRIBING your way to winning trophies ?

Fwiw here's my assessment of the top 6.

Newcastle - best team in the league, should probably be a bit more comfortable than they are. They do really rely on a few key players​ though such as shelvey and Gayle, and that won't work out quite so well in the premier league.

Brighton. Probably done enough to hold on to automatic promotion. Seem to shut down the opposition really effectively and then score their few chances, not too dissimilar to us when we were promoted. Will need a bit more firepower in the prem though.

Huddersfield - really good footballing side, highly rated manager, would quite like them to go up.

Leeds - pretty one dimensional. Put in a lot of crosses for Chris wood which would be very easy for most prem teams to deal with. It amazes me that they haven't been worked out at this level to be honest, as wood is crap. Have a sneaking suspicion they might go up though.

Reading are another one that baffles me, seem to get outplayed but sneak a win every week. Their goal difference is 2, which speaks volumes. Fluke season, will be average next season.

Wednesday- i think the wheels are falling off Wednesday, for all the money they have spent they aren't consistent enough. Ffp might catch up with them I they don't go up.

Fulham. Probably the best footballing side in the division would like to see them go up, think they will pip reading or Wednesday to the playoffs. Get the feeling their squad will be picked apart if they don't go up as they have some talented youngsters.

Thats a bit harsh on my boys RJK but I admit the +2 goal difference is poor for a team in 5th place. We are capable of playing some good stuff when we quicken up the passing.Fulham have the ability but just one point from their last two home games against relegation strugglers suggests they may be running out of steam.

they are just badges or emblems , many clubs do the same , leeds identity as always been the white shirts , you could stick a pink elephant on them it would not matter.

Even after being shown the truth, he can't help believing the lie.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    This, but also why is a Leeds fan posting on a Cardiff city mb at one in the morning?
    It passses the time while he's waiting for the free 10 minutes of babestation.

In his defence, when you live in a piss stinking bedsit in Merthyr the chances of getting a bird back for the night are pretty slim.

According to this and previous arguments, only the period from the 50s to the early 70s count when counting trophies and measuring success?

That also happens to be Leeds' most successful period, funny that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    According to this and previous arguments, only the period from the 50s to the early 70s count when counting trophies and measuring success?

That also happens to be Leeds' most successful period, funny that
    the second world war ended 1945, the premier league started in 1992 , now forgive me but when i went to school that constitutes 47 years in my book .

the second world war ended 1945, the premier league started in 1992 , now forgive me but when i went to school that constitutes 47 years in my book .
    You went to school?

In my book the football league didn't resume after the war until the 1946/1947 season, so that constitutes 45 seasons. But hey let's not be picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    You went to school?
    I assumed he was still in it.