+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Noone better than Harris yesterday? Shurely shome mishtake?

Noone better than Harris yesterday? Shurely shome mishtake?

Thought Noone did pretty well in the second half after a pretty anonymous first period, but I just don't get how he can be rated above Harris.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-city-12761744

Re: Noone better than Harris yesterday? Shurely shome mishtake?

Harris tormented that poor imitation of Tyrone Mings yesterday Bob. How Dominic Booth can point to Noone as the rarest of breeds who actually beats a man when Harris attempts to beat the full back every time he gets the ball is beyond me.

I don't know if you have listened to Warnock's post match but i get the impression that Kadeem is gonna move on at the end of the season. I'll be very disappointed if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Harris tormented that poor imitation of Tyrone Mings yesterday Bob. How Dominic Booth can point to Noone as the rarest of breeds who actually beats a man when Harris attempts to beat the full back every time he gets the ball is beyond me.

I don't know if you have listened to Warnock's post match but i get the impression that Kadeem is gonna move on at the end of the season. I'll be very disappointed if that's the case.
    I was thinking the same thing Gringo. I've a bit more sympathy with the club in this case than in others because, although Harris has always merited a new contract offer in my book, he's not really done anything which demands one until the time when he is permitted to talk to other clubs. However, to lose him, as well as the other players who we could have got fees for is we had acted with more awareness and common sense, would only emphasise how appalling our record in the transfer market has been since we got promoted - Harris is probably our most effective winger at the moment and we'd be very lucky to get an adequate replacement for him for less than a seven figure sum.

I agree with you saying that Choo and Dalman are not to blame if we lose Harris but Slade and Trollope need to take a good look at themselves especially considering the dearth of attacking threat we have had at the club in the laat few years.

Gutted if he leaves. He's far from the finished article but has genuine pace and takes defenders on and gets to the byline and also scores a few .

Noone in contrast can only cut inside and loses the ball too often and worse, gives up trying to get it back too much

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Gutted if he leaves. He's far from the finished article but has genuine pace and takes defenders on and gets to the byline and also scores a few .

Noone in contrast can only cut inside and loses the ball too often and worse, gives up trying to get it back too much
    I agree about Noone but the jury's still out on Kadeem for me. He was excellent yesterday but too often in other matches has betrayed a lack of close control which suggested he will never quite make it to the level we require. Yesterday suggested he might have what it takes but he needs to be more consistent to really help us climb the table. As a part of our squad though I'd be happy if we can keep him.

We were right behind him in the first half and there were at least three occasions when I thought he took the wrong option in trying to beat his man to the left. The full back knew where he was going and cleaned up. I too am not convinced by him, but to have two pacey wingers in the team is a luxury we can afford.

I don't know why people are so critical of him when he loses the ball.
    We played possession football under Trollope and never looked like creating anything
    Harris always makes the full back earn his money and though he may lose out on a lot of occasions in his duels he invariably creates two or three excellent chances in a game as a result of his ingenuity.

His run for the 3rd goal was top drawer again.

[QUOTE=thehumblegringo;4727820]I don't know why people are so critical of him when he loses the ball.
    We played possession football under Trollope and never looked like creating anything
    Harris always makes the full back earn his money and though he may lose out on a lot of occasions in his duels he invariably creates two or three excellent chances in a game as a result of his ingenuity.

His run for the 3rd goal was top drawer again.[/I

I'm quite happy that he might lose the ball when trying to create something, that's inevitable in reality. What I'm seeing though is that he telegraphs what he's going to do, as well as shows too much of the ball, too often still. Against better defending this makes him ineffectual

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I agree about Noone but the jury's still out on Kadeem for me. He was excellent yesterday but too often in other matches has betrayed a lack of close control which suggested he will never quite make it to the level we require. Yesterday suggested he might have what it takes but he needs to be more consistent to really help us climb the table. As a part of our squad though I'd be happy if we can keep him.
    I agree, the lad will be 24 in June, how has it taken this long for him to improve? He could be a late developer, like Gestede, but he seems to struggle against the more experienced full backs who read his game early on. His pace can be a great addition but his crossing is a bit hit or miss ( no pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I agree, the lad will be 24 in June, how has it taken this long for him to improve? He could be a late developer, like Gestede, but he seems to struggle against the more experienced full backs who read his game early on. His pace can be a great addition but his crossing is a bit hit or miss ( no pun intended!)
    Usually a lad like him is thrown in at about 20 then the things you are talking about get ironed out by now, but Slade refused to give him any proper opportunities even when we had nothing to play for.

In his development he is the equivalent of a 19 or 20 year old

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Noone did pretty well in the second half after a pretty anonymous first period, but I just don't get how he can be rated above Harris.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-city-12761744
    The Noone rating yesterday, as with others, were all over the place and certainly didn't equate to the headline.

Of the players on display yesterday the question as to which ones need to be replaced to see us do better next season has him at the top of the list alongside McGregor (sadly).

I think Noone and his wage should leave , we had a few opportunities to sell and didnt follow through , club must be kicking itself, he's a good player, who is inconsistent and can easily be read by decent defenders,just imagine the damage we would gave done yesterday with another winger on the other side of Harris delievering the same performance , and its important to note Paul's point in his blog about Ipswich's well capable defenders , if Harris can deliver so should Noone.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I rate the pair of them just about the same. Harris gives the ball away too much, or makes a run and forgets to take the ball with him. Noone and be just as sloppy.

However both players can and do beat their man and can and do run rings around players. Yesterday Warnock was shouting at both them telling them what to do and where to go - I didnt hear him having to tell any of the other players that
    I think both will be gone next year .