+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ipswich the latest to suffer at the hands of transformed Cardiff forwards.

Ipswich the latest to suffer at the hands of transformed Cardiff forwards.

Re: Ipswich the latest to suffer at the hands of transformed Cardiff forwards.

I don't think anyone was as relieved to hear the final whistle as Berra. I looked at him with about 5 minutes to go Bob and he could hardly walk!

Zohore is an unbelievable player and how our previous managers couldn't get more out of a man with his ability i don't know.

I love watching us in this 4-4-2 which is more of a 4-2-3-1 formation and i never thought I'd see the day when a Cardiff City side or a Warnock side (down to me underestimating him) play with a mobile centre forward with 3 tricky, sharp players playing in behind him. Add to this 2 full backs who are very comfortable on the ball and are willing to join in with attacks and you can see why there has been such a change in optimism among our fanbase.

The 'incident' with Zohore was even better if I recall - his pass inside was intercepted and he gained 10yds on the defender to win the ball back again. Agree about the 3rd relegation spot. Watching the results coming in I was thinking much better to be watching from afar. I'm also tempted to put the Birmingham game down to a combination of illness, different tactics. When I saw the line up with Whittingham in instead of Ralls [neither of whom I would call my 'idol'], I thought we may get over-run in midfield. Whilst Whittingham didn't really make much impact - which is typical of recent seasons - it says a lot for the tactical nous of Warnock that we actually used our possession a lot more effectively as the game went on ..

Thanks again Bob
    Can't disagree with anything you say there and especially the Zohore plaudits ...what a revelation !
    So glad Bennett got his goal too as 100 % a team player proved by the reaction from other members of the team both on the field and through social media.
    We have faltered a bit last few games but circumstances such as illness/ injuries played their part, yesterday there was an air of confidence about a side that we could have only dreamt about last October.

Great to read - an account clearly brimming with of confidence and delight once more.
    Next season seems likely to be a cracker.

Superb BLOG TOBW.

I actually loved reading all of that.
    I can't do the home games because of the cost but believe me I appreciate that report.

Written superbly. God knows who does your proof reading.

Zohore impressed me when he came on at Burnley for the last ten minutes and I will never forget how he performed in that no more than a cameo performance in our 0-0.

I thought then he looked top drawer and after a bad spell under indifferent managers we now have a real star who if he stays focused and strives to keep getting better will be a world....yes his name is likely to be remembered ...star!

Finding a STRONG natural goalscorer is almost impossible. We have one.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Superb BLOG TOBW.

I can't do the home games because of the cost but believe me I appreciate that report.

Zohore impressed me when he came on at Burnley for the last ten minutes and I will never forget how he performed in that no more than a cameo performance in our 0-0.

I thought then he looked top drawer and after a bad spell under indifferent managers we now have a real star who if he stays focused and strives to keep getting better will be a world....yes his name is likely to be remembered ...star!

Too true AA2. Wish he had a Welsh Granny.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Superb BLOG TOBW.

I'd add "quick" to that description of Zohore as well - strikers as big and as quick as him are a very rare breed and the evidence is growing that my early opinion of him never being a twenty goal a season player was wrong.

I've mentioned before on here that I watched a Development team game about this time last year in which he didn't do a great deal overall, but he did go past two or three defenders in a run down the wing (at least one of them was beaten for pace) which made me think "interesting". However, like you, it was that Burnley game which really made me sit up and take notice and since then I always thought that here was a player who could cause a team that won the Championship a whole load of problems, so he must be worth persevering with.

I must admit that my faith in Zohore was sorely tested in the Bristol Rovers Cup game where I thought he was awful - he went on a similar type of run down the wing to the one that I saw from him in that Under 23 game against Rovers, but then tried a shot from a ridiculous angle with City players queuing up in the middle waiting for the cross and, at that time, the notion that he would be on a run of scoring nine goals in ten first team games six months later seemed ridiculous.

Feedback

What I don't get is why our fans are treating our goal scoring hero with such contempt. Even worse I have no idea why they label him a whore.