+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yesterday's players who should make up the first Xl next season.

Re: Yesterday's players who should make up the first Xl next season.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    He is club captain and took a shit in the street.

Better than shitting in his pants. Shows he can adapt when under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Better than shitting in his pants. Shows he can adapt when under pressure
    I spit water all over my screen reading that. Hilarious.

Also, he gets far too much stick. He's good in the air and he tries. He makes mistakes but that's why he's playing for us, also he's got 12 goals in 106 league games which is better than one in ten. Connolly has 7 in 130 and Ralls has 10 in 120, to put that in some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Jimmy has already confirmed this. I can't wait to see him next year!
    Havent see enough of him recently to give him the kiss of death that could revamp his career.
    Last edited by Jimmy the Jock; 20-03-17 at 12:13.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As you don't like Williams, I don't like Morrison, if you got a problem with that, THEN TOUGH
    I think you have all the problems mate.
    And doing big letters doesn't help you out at all.

[QUOTE=BLUEAWAY;4727840]If we are to improve there must be some changes.

McGregor No wages too prohibitive currently
    Richards Yes
    Morrison Yes
    Bamba Yes
    Bennett.Yes.
    Gunnarsson Yes
    Whittingham ..Squad player yes still has plenty to offer
    Noone No
    Hoilett yes
    Zohore Yes
    Harris yes

Halford No
    Pilkington No

Manga yes

We need a pacy striker another winger a box-to-box CM and 2 keepers

I don't understand why Morrison gets so much stick from our fans.
    He's playing really well at the moment and is perfect cover for Bamba who often tries to get in front of the centre forward whereas Morrison is more disciplined in keeping his line.

Bamba and Manga as a pairing would probably be a disaster as they both come out of position far too often.
    This- all day.
    Besides which Manga is injured every time he buggers off to Africa to play, so we are lucky to get 20 games out of him, he's also extremely unlikely to stay.
    With the wages he's on there's no chance.
    He's off. So best to get behind the ones who DO turn up and put a shift in week in week out for us.

He's playing really well at the moment and is perfect cover for Bamba who often tries to get in front of the centre forward whereas Morrison is more disciplined in keeping his line.

Bamba and Manga as a pairing would probably be a disaster as they both come out of position far too often.
    I agree, I love to watch Manga, and Bamba play, but together I fear they may be a bit too much of a luxury.

Morrisons stats speak for themselves, and so does the respect he gets from fellow pros, and managers.

I agree, I love to watch Manga, and Bamba play, but together I fear they may be a bit too much of a luxury.

Morrisons stats speak for themselves, and so does the respect he gets from fellow pros, and managers.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    If we are to improve there must be some changes.

McGregor No
    Richards Yes
    Morrison Yes if Manga doesn't stay
    Bamba Yes
    Bennett. Not sure. If he can keep improving Yes.
    Gunnarsson Yes
    Whittingham ............arghh...........No
    Noone No
    Hoilett No
    Zahore Yes
    Harris Possibly but he needs to do more, every game.

Halford No
    Pilkington No

My own issue with the above is that we concede too many goals and don't score enough. A. Better midfield would improve that. Do we need new defenders, apart from Bamba, and will we find them?
    Just surprised that you have doubts about Morrison,Bennett,Hoilett and Harris.I would keep them all in a heartbeat.The MacGregor and Manga issue is purely financial otherwise I would keep them too.If Manga goes I think we should keep Ajayi.

Somebody has to go.
    We are not good enough.
    Of Saturday's 11 Ralls would challenge Whitts for that place
    But that wouldn't turn us into a promtion winning team.
    Hard decisions need to be made and better players brought in.
    Statistically one player is unlikely to make the difference, two might, but it probably needs three first teamers

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Somebody has to go.
    We are not good enough.
    Of Saturday's 11 Ralls would challenge Whitts for that place
    But that wouldn't turn us into a promtion winning team.
    Hard decisions need to be made and better players brought in.
    Statistically one player is unlikely to make the difference, two might, but it probably needs three first teamers
    Yes. Warnock once suggested he needs 4 players (though I think that has increased). I would suggest at least 3 of them need to be regular starters to provide the improvement Warnock wants to have a go at promotion (his desire).

Take Harris and Hoilett out of the equation and we have no pace in the side. We also don't have too many natural footballers in our midfield. When we got promoted last time those were the problems we had - unfortunately neither Solskjaer nor Slade did anything to correct this.

It's interesting to look at what Warnock has done (and some things he's tried haven't worked, that's to be expected). In Bennett and Richards we have two full backs who are relatively comfortable on the ball and get forward often. Hoilett provided an injection of pace initially, now Harris has come on leaps and bounds too. Players like Pilkington and Whittingham, good technically, don't really fit into this. He knows we're not a team that pass the ball around like other sides as we haven't got those players in our squad, so we've become a bit more direct. He's also added a hunger and work ethic, and a leader on the pitch (La Bamba). I feel that they're giving as good as they can