+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: any rugby fans been to twickenham ? ?

any rugby fans been to twickenham ? ?

Need some parking advice at twickenham

any good places ? ?

Re: any rugby fans been to twickenham ? ?

I've been there.
    My advice is get the train in

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I've been there.
    My advice is get the train in
    I was thinking of parking a few stops down the line and getting the train, then thought about just driving straight in, its a massive stadium, so i thought it would have decent parking ? ? ? i guess not

might even stay overnight in a Prem inn ( or the marriott in the stand ) to save the problem

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

any good places ? ?
    Quinn's car park. The streets around St. Mary's if you get there early enough.
    Richmond & train.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Quinn's car park. The streets around St. Mary's if you get there early enough.
    Richmond & train.
    cheers

i thought of Richmond, as we stay in the prem inn at richmond when we visit london

I will have a look at the location of the Quinn's, i guess its walkable

I sent there once for an Iron Maiden gig. I parked in the street about 1/2 mile away and walked.

Search for Gloucester Rd and Devon Ave. There was no residents parking that I was aware of.

any good places ? ?
    If u drop anything just leave it and keep walking

Plenty of street parking in Hampton , then get the R70 bus into Twickers.

cheers all

Last time I went I parked at Feltham,

You can get the train or the bus from there.

I hasten to add it was for the NFL, not the egg.

I'm sure there's an app where you can rent a parking space for an evening close to a venue, can't remember what it's called though.

First Team

any good places ? ?
    They have clamped down on match day parking now with a strictly enforced residents scheme that means you will get nowhere near the stadium.
    They do sell spaces at the Car parks just down from the Harlequins club ground but they are expensive and getting out is a nightmare or epic proportions.
    Kempton park race course has started a scheme where you can park there and get the train from their halt or uses buses that are lined up at the exit. It seems to only run on certain match days so try their website to see if they are running the scheme on the day you are going.
    As mentioned by others parking up at Richmond and getting the special buses they put on is probably the easiest option.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    They have clamped down on match day parking now with a strictly enforced residents scheme that means you will get nowhere near the stadium.
    They do sell spaces at the Car parks just down from the Harlequins club ground but they are expensive and getting out is a nightmare or epic proportions.
    Kempton park race course has started a scheme where you can park there and get the train from their halt or uses buses that are lined up at the exit. It seems to only run on certain match days so try their website to see if they are running the scheme on the day you are going.
    As mentioned by others parking up at Richmond and getting the special buses they put on is probably the easiest option.
    If you get on the special bus don't forget to say hi to chris.

incase this turns up on a search for anyone in the future,

i parked at arragon road mulit story carpark, it was just behind the Travelodge we stayed at

£11.60 for the 2 days on a " event special " price ( it is on the prices board, so i guess its always the same price )
    , they do shut the roads after games, but you can turn right out of the car park and you are on the main drag to get away from the area

i am not a rugby fan, but great to see my daughter playing on the pitch of the home to English Rugby

as a side note, the " fan cup " idea is great and one other venues could adopt, you pay a " refundable £1 fee per Plastic glass " ( its a thick quality type of cup ) and you get your drink, you can either take it back to refill or keep it as a souvenir, it works well and saves drinking from them silly thin plastic glass's that are horrid to drink from