+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If Celtic were in our Championship

If Celtic were in our Championship

Do any of you think that they would be unbeaten?

I don't and I also reckon that wouldn't be in the automatic play off places.

Re: If Celtic were in our Championship

Top half ofthe table at best.
    Don't think they could cope with the relentless fixture list.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

No teams go unbeaten in the championship. If Celtic or Rangers played in the English system their revenue streams would make them a totally different animal, they would then be able to attract a different class of manager and player.

I think you would quite easily see the brands of Celtic and Rangers playing in the premier league and Hearts and Hibs could compete in the championship with a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why not? They've got a massive squad and players like Dembele, with a good manager in Rodgers.

The SPL is a far far weaker league than the championship.

they would not be thirty odd points clear at the top like they are now ,

them and rangers both have massive potential , if they were competing with clubs on a similiar level , the problem up in scotland is there is no competition , not enough clubs of a similiar size or stature .

its an hypothetical question , because it wont happen

the scottish league is akin to cardiff and swansea been turfed out of the english league , and been forced to play in the welsh leagues., both cardiff and swansea would dominate and win most of the trophies , the rest would just be making the numbers up.

First Team

I don't know a huge amount about Celtic but you would have to guess with their level of support and the money from the tv deals they would get out of the Championship sooner rather than later.
    It's not going to happen any time soon though.
    Wasn't there some sort of Northern European football league mooted a few years ago that the two Scottish giants were being linked with.

You only have to look at Matthews who played every game for celtic but can't get in the Bristol city team. Kenny miller look finished at us then years later is a key player for one of the best teams. I'm not having a go at Scottish league system as miles better than the Welsh one but celtic would probably be a championship standard team if cardiff were in the spl instead they would ein it easily.

I think they'd be top 2. I don't think they'd be unbeaten though.

I think Rangers would probably be mid table at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

God no , they would be in play offs perhaps, they would struggle with the consitant competivness of every club you play top or bottom , our bottom clubs are so far superior to the Scottish clubs some are just fodder, and the strain would tell on them physically and mentally, they might even go down or hover around the relegation zone , travel would tell on them , l say this not in jest , you see some good sides drop from the Premiership and struggle .

Anyway the Sturgeon has plans for Independence and them playing in the Eliteserien league

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    No teams go unbeaten in the championship. If Celtic or Rangers played in the English system their revenue streams would make them a totally different animal, they would then be able to attract a different class of manager and player.

I think you would quite easily see the brands of Celtic and Rangers playing in the premier league and Hearts and Hibs could compete in the championship with a few others.
    Unusual to read a sensible post regarding Scottish football on here.
    Football is all about money and there isnt much floating around in Scotland these days.

Whatever league they are in they could never match Leeds united for support or their total dominance of football about 50 years ago though could they

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Celtic will play 53 games this season!

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The SPL is a far far weaker league than the championship.
    that is not really the question is it...given the size of club, Celtic would be able to top advertising and top players the moment they entered the championship. They would be promoted within 2 years and would more than likely establish themselves as a top premier league club. They would regularly get 55,000-60,000, which only the likes of Newcastle, Arsenal and Nugent's favourites could compete with.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    how many of them will be competitive?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

This ^^^

Celtic would generate huge streams of income in the Championship. I think they'd need 3 seasons at most before they'd be promoted to the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    They are all competitive matches i didn't include friendlies.

Feedback

They are all competitive matches i didn't include friendlies.
    jiFfM.jpg

That was a joke son, look you missed it, flew right by ya!

The current team would be around playoffs, definitely not one of the best. but In a few seasons they would be promoted. I'd imagine they would establish themselves as a decent premier league team with the network and marketing options they have with the increased revenue

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    And there is the point , if they had been playing in the Championship or Premiership they would have struggled in these heroic type of performance we have seen from them in Europe , they are basically a well rested team /squad who only have an intensity game perhaps once a month .

Think it would be a huge culture shock to them.

And quality of teams anyone can beat anyone each week in the Championship