Centre-back: Pontus Jansson (Leeds)

Left-back: Scott Malone (Fulham)

Midfield: Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield)

Midfield: Jonjo Shelvey (Newcastle)

Midfield: Anthony Knockaert (Brighton)

Forward: Glenn Murray (Brighton)

Forward: Chris Wood (Leeds)

Forward: Dwight Gayle (Newcastle)
    Scott malone is considered the best left back in the championship. He doesnt actually play left back but wing back. However it does bring into question the decision to offliad him, particularly since at the time we were moving to a 352 system under Trollope were wing backs are a pre requisite. £100 k slade paid for him

Re: EFL Championship Team Of The Season

Malone was a good player. Better than Richards IMO.

Has to be said though, that side doesn't look that great to me.

I work with a Fulham fan who reckons he's a bit of a fans' favourite down there. Didn't see that coming tbh.

Why do they release these so early? If Zohore keeps up his current form til the end of the season he'd walk into the team of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Why do they release these so early? If Zohore keeps up his current form til the end of the season he'd walk into the team of the season.
    Um, no.
    Those 3 have got 24, 21 and 18 goals so far already, Gayle could have 30 by the end of the season.
    If anyone is unlucky then it's Tammy Abraham, who has 20 in a rubbish Bristol city side

Zohore gives you more than goals. And he's scoring at a similar rate to this three now anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    If it was based on the last 3 months yes, but there have been much more clinical and consistent finishers from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Malone was a good player. Better than Richards IMO.

Has to be said though, that side doesn't look that great to me.
    I always thought Malone was decent but i also think Richards is decent.
    Both players seem to have settled better with their new clubs now so everyone's a winner.

For some reason people didn't rate Malone when he was here but I always rated him. Zohore hasn't had a full season likewise Bamba who is as good as any other defender in the league

I wouldn't swap Richards for Malone and I wouldn't start Malone ahead of Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Scott malone is considered the best left back in the championship. He doesnt actually play left back but wing back. However it does bring into question the decision to
    offliad him, particularly since at the time we were moving to a 352 system under Trollope were wing backs are a pre requisite. £100 k slade paid for him
    Now playing second fiddle to their 16 year old wonderkid. How Russ played him in front of a premier league regular and Brazilian International I will never comprehend. His FA Cup performance against Shrewsbury was abject. Also this season in the cup against Spurs, he was the worst player on the field.
    Very week defensively and couldn't pass five yards. In a word garbage. League 1 player, Olly couldn't wait to bin him at Millwall but Russ outbid Dortmund for him apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Now playing second fiddle to their 16 year old wonderkid. How Russ played him in front of a premier league regular and Brazilian International I will never comprehend. His FA Cup performance against Shrewsbury was abject. Also this season in the cup against Spurs, he was the worst player on the field.
    Very week defensively and couldn't pass five yards. In a word garbage. League 1 player, Olly couldn't wait to bin him at Millwall but Russ outbid Dortmund for him apparently.
    League 1 player, yet somehow the best in his position in the championship

League 1 player, yet somehow the best in his position in the championship
    As mentioned earlier poor team selection. Do you think he was better than Fabio? Much prefer Baker or Richards or John for that matter. He has been found out can't get in the Fulham team.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Scott Malone's in there.

Goalkeeper: David Stockdale (Brighton)

Right-back: Tommy Smith (Huddersfield)

Centre-back: Lewis Dunk (Brighton)

Centre-back: Pontus Jansson (Leeds)

Left-back: Scott Malone (Fulham)

Midfield: Aaron Mooy (Huddersfield)

Midfield: Jonjo Shelvey (Newcastle)

Midfield: Anthony Knockaert (Brighton)

Forward: Glenn Murray (Brighton)

Forward: Chris Wood (Leeds)

Forward: Dwight Gayle (Newcastle)
    Whose selection is that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Whose selection is that?
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...and-league-two

As mentioned earlier poor team selection. Do you think he was better than Fabio? Much prefer Baker or Richards or John for that matter. He has been found out can't get in the Fulham team.
    He's played 32 times this season, with 4 goals and 5 assists. Not a bad effort for someone who apparently can't get in a side.

Don't think he was better than Fabio, but i do think he's better than Richards or John.

He's played 32 times this season, with 4 goals and 5 assists. Not a bad effort for someone who apparently can't get in a side.

Don't think he was better than Fabio, but i do think he's better than Richards or John.
    👍

[QUOTE=Rjk;4728509]He's played 32 times this season, with 4 goals and 5 assists. Not a bad effort for someone who apparently can't get in a side.

Recently he has rotated with Sessegnon and invariably is substituted. He will eventually find his level along with Revell, Doyle and O'Keefe etc.

[QUOTE=JKB;4728570]

Recently he has rotated with Sessegnon and invariably is substituted. He will eventually find his level along with Revell, Doyle and O'Keefe etc.
    Eventually find his level, but for now is playing well in a better team than us and has made the team of the season.

[QUOTE=Rjk;4728572]

Eventually find his level, but for now is playing well in a better team than us and has made the team of the season.
    You are wasting your time with Rjk but your right. We will probably all fet to see him take part in the play offs ditto hudson