+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff v Aldershot 20 March 1992

Cardiff v Aldershot 20 March 1992

http://www.theshots.co.uk/20-march-1992/

Still one of the most emotional nights I've ever had at a football match.
    Proud that City helped then as much as they could, but genuinely gutted that clubs with far higher resources than ourselves could watch a club disintegrate for what wouldn't have been a huge sum of money.
    similar to what Orient are going through at the moment I suppose.

Feedback

Re: Cardiff v Aldershot 20 March 1992

I remember that night very well. I remember the entire bob bank chanting 'Aldershot' at the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I remember that night very well. I remember the entire bob bank chanting 'Aldershot' at the end of the game.
    Yep, their players did a lap of honour.

as you said, a emotional night

nice to see so many chuck a quid or 2 into the buckets, made me proud to be a city fan

a downside, i dropped my " hot dog in a roll ", i loved them, a long roll with the hotdog right inside it, somewhat rammed down the center of it, not a roll cut open, trying to remember what they were called now

Amazing to think that this was 25 years ago as I remember so much about the game. I recall being disappointed about not getting a match programme as they had sold out but the club then did another print run & I managed to get one

Remember us having a mention on Saint & Greavsie for what we did

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

a downside, i dropped my " hot dog in a roll ", i loved them, a long roll with the hotdog right inside it, somewhat rammed down the center of it, not a roll cut open, trying to remember what they were called now
    coolstorybro.jpg

Blog Entries

nice to see so many chuck a quid or 2 into the buckets, made me proud to be a city fan

Random.

Feedback

The hot dog was the duce: warm moist and succulent. Or something like that....

Is that the ones that had a hot dog sausage down the centre and stuffed with grated cheese? They used to do them in the old Queens West?? shopping centre food court. I think they were called a Hot Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Is that the ones that had a hot dog sausage down the centre and stuffed with grated cheese? They used to do them in the old Queens West?? shopping centre food court. I think they were called a Hot Rod.
    I knew a girl who worked there making them.

They used to take the bread and force it down onto a phallus shaped object to make the hole. Then they had to move the bread in a swift up and down motion.

For some reason she hated it and got really embarrassed doing it.

Some people are just filthy.

Certainly puts the sad demise of Aldershot into perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Random.
    i know

its funny as the night was moving as a football fan, a team playing its last game, i felt it

but as a hotdog fan, it also had its moments

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    i had the name " hot rod " in my mind as it goes, so you might be right, they used to squirt Tomato sauce in them aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I knew a girl who worked there making them.

They used to take the bread and force it down onto a phallus shaped object to make the hole. Then they had to move the bread in a swift up and down motion.

For some reason she hated it and got really embarrassed doing it.

Some people are just filthy.
    thats the one, it was a metal rod

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Certainly puts the sad demise of Aldershot into perspective...
    Hotdog fans have feelings aswell you know

i know

its funny as the night was moving as a football fan, a team playing its last game, i felt it

but as a hotdog fan, it also had its moments
    3 points down the drain too.

I was there my boy got our program signed by most of the both teams

They were selling them outside the ground in Vienna last October . Took me right back, watching the young aryan minx prepare mine was a delightful experience

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    They were selling them outside the ground in Vienna last October . Took me right back, watching the young aryan minx prepare mine was a delightful experience

It's become a small-big night in our history too.