+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Free car parking Pembroke Dock

Free car parking Pembroke Dock

Looking to drive to Pembroke dock as me and the Mrs are getting ferry over to Rosslare. Need to leave the car in Pembroke for 4 days. Any advice on where to park for free much appreciated.
    Spedger

Re: Free car parking Pembroke Dock

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Looking to drive to Pembroke dock as me and the Mrs are getting ferry over to Rosslare. Need to leave the car in Pembroke for 4 days. Any advice on where to park for free much appreciated.
    Spedger
    There is on street parking if you scout around. Some free parking near Asda, but be careful as wardens are active
    The car park off Criterion Way is free, not sure if safe to leave but touch wood, should be ok. Will leave you about 15/20 mins walk. You can park at ferry but does cost.

If you carry on towards south pembs hospital I think that road has free parking. Catalina Avenue - and you're right by the dock yard. Most streets there you can park I think. Area's not so nice but then you are in Pembroke dock so it's all fairly shit.

Would look at leaving the car further up the railway line and catching the train to the dock . Or just pay the parking , the place is a drug riddled shit hole , a parked car will attract the dock massive.

Me and the missus did the this the other week mate. We drove to lisvane station for the free parking and got train from there to Cardiff General and onto Pemroke. Car was safe when we got back too

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Would look at leaving the car further up the railway line and catching the train to the dock . Or just pay the parking , the place is a drug riddled shit hole , a parked car will attract the dock massive.
    This.
    Pembroke Dock is as absolute shithole.
    I'm pretty certain that Penally train station has got free parking. It's in between Tenby and Manorbier and only a few stops from Pembroke Dock.
    Don't bother paying a train ticket because no one else does down that way

Pembroke Dock is alright, we go there for short breaks sometimes. There's an ncp car park at the station but you can park on the street outside, one side of the street is resident permit holders but the other side is not. Tidy pint in the prince of Wales near the station and there's a pub on the station itself called the station inn, tidy like.

Cheers for the replies fellas, much appreciated. Was thinking about train from Barry, but driving knocks hours off the journey.
    Spedger

There is also the Fishguard to Rosslare ferry option.
    The ferry actually goes from Goodwick though, which is about a couple of miles down a steep twisting hill from Fishguard itself, but is a less 'lively' place than Pembroke Dock.
    That said, the residential area in Goodwick is fairly small. Bit of a risk regards finding a potential parking slot in good time I'd say.
    Sorry, this isn't much help.

Good luck with it Spedger, and your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Cheers for the replies fellas, much appreciated. Was thinking about train from Barry, but driving knocks hours off the journey.
    Spedger
    You probably want to see your car again after your holiday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanroadblue View Post
    Me and the missus did the this the other week mate. We drove to lisvane station for the free parking and got train from there to Cardiff General and onto Pemroke. Car was safe when we got back too

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

Right on cue as always Jimmy.

That bunch from the airport hotel in Bristol apparently have a similar operation there

tobermory-car-e1463156912882-878x494.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post