+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Out of interest, if every police officer carried a gun, do you think that would make criminals more or less likely to carry them too? If you think it's more likely, how do you suppose that improves public safety?
    I couldnt answer that, as I am not a criminal

though having worked the doors in cardiff a little many years ago, i know ( at that time ) it was easy enough to get a gun, so i guess if a criminal really wanted a gun, they would be able to get one

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I couldnt answer that, as I am not a criminal

though having worked the doors in cardiff a little many years ago, i know ( at that time ) it was easy enough to get a gun, so i guess if a criminal really wanted a gun, they would be able to get one
    That doesn't answer my question at all. Getting a gun wasn't my question, you admit that getting one is easy. My question is would criminals etc be more likely to carry them if they knew the police would be.

My feeling is that they would be more likely to carry guns. The possibility of being shot is not so much of a deterrent, more of a problem that needs to be overcome. More guns = less safety. America is proof of that.