+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Arm our officers

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    So we give rural areas more armed officers after we have experienced a rural area killing spree

we need to get away from the " lets deal with a issue after it has become one " thinking, and maybe tackle the issue head on

The old saying " Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted " is fairly apt here
    Yes you need be active not reactive but you can't spend time, money on resources on something that has very little chance of happeneing.

It's one of those things that would be nice to have but isn't feasible because it would more than likely be a gigantic waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yes you need be active not reactive but you can't spend time, money on resources on something that has very little chance of happeneing.

It's one of those things that would be nice to have but isn't feasible because it would more than likely be a gigantic waste.
    In a ideal world yes, but our world is changing and its changing fast, imho we should be ahead of the game, not playing catch up

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    But what could they have done with a man they'd seen waving an ISIS flag that would have stopped him driving a van into people and then stabbing others?
    Charge him with inciting terrorism, supporting a known terrorist group etc. and bang him up.

Alternatively stand idly by mumbling about human rights.

In a ideal world yes, but our world is changing and its changing fast, imho we should be ahead of the game, not playing catch up
    What do you even mean by that? It's just a load of buzz words. We are statistically living in the safest and most peaceful time to be alive and you want soldiers patrolling melton Mowbray, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Charge him with inciting terrorism, supporting a known terrorist group etc. and bang him up.

Alternatively stand idly by mumbling about human rights.
    Whilst I agree something needs to be done about stuff like that, it is a slippery slope with regards to free speech etc. Why aren't these people being more closely monitored? We knew he was a threat we didn't need an excuse to bang him up for waving a flag just watch him like a hawk and lock him up for conspiring to commit an attack. He had 2 pals in on it so how hard is that to track?

just watching my local news ( in the west county ) and Martin Surl ( Gloucester police and crime commissioner ) was just asked about the response time for incidents in the region (Avon & Somerset, Glos, Wilts ) the interviewer mentioned the area being maybe a " soft target " and was pushing for any idea of the response time ( with Saturdays London attack being 8 mins ) Martin Surl just kept on saying they had a plan in place, he couldnt comment on the response time, and you can draw your own conclusions

maybe it isnt just me who is slightly concerned about life outside the big cities

So they've already considered this then, who'd have thought Matt wasn't the first person to consider response times in non urban areas.

Looks like they've thought of a way without arming every Bobby on the beat too.

just watching my local news ( in the west county ) and Martin Surl ( Gloucester police and crime commissioner ) was just asked about the response time for incidents in the region (Avon & Somerset, Glos, Wilts ) the interviewer mentioned the area being maybe a " soft target " and was pushing for any idea of the response time ( with Saturdays London attack being 8 mins ) Martin Surl just kept on saying they had a plan in place, he couldnt comment on the response time, and you can draw your own conclusions

maybe it isnt just me who is slightly concerned about life outside the big cities
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    So they've already considered this then, who'd have thought Matt wasn't the first person to consider response times in non urban areas.

Looks like they've thought of a way without arming every Bobby on the beat too.
    you did read my post didnt you ? ? ?

London = 8 mins ( on Saturday )
    Avon & Somerset, Glos, Wilts = Much Longer, 30 mins plus

which is exactly my point, Not sure they can do a 45 - 50 min trip in under 30 mins

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    But what could they have done with a man they'd seen waving an ISIS flag that would have stopped him driving a van into people and then stabbing others?
    We could lock him up for waving a flag thereby making him an amazing recruitment tool for IS.

as for police cuts and funding, of course we need more funding for them, maybe if we upped a tax for the richer section of society
    maybe thats a issue to take up with your local MP
    If only there was someone running for Prime Minister who was promising to do just that eh?..........

My business is failing because it's everyone's else fault I haven't signed up enough customers over the last 8 years.
    Sorry, just trying to think like Theresa May.
    20,000 less coppers well done bitch sarcastic 👏