Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
that area of london would have had Armed Officers walking around on patrol and they have a massive amount of trained officers ready to use arms, the ARU in central london is a fair size

Now imagine something similar happening in a sleepy small town in Gloucester or Somerset, the ARU might take 30 mins to arrive on the scene and then it will likely only be 6 of them, think of the damage someone could do in 30 mins a scary thought

i know the government has said they are training up more AR officers, but not enough and not fast enough
I would suppose the numbers of officers in London is vastly different even to the number in a smaller city and therefore before you have "massive amount of trained officers ready to use arms" you firstly would need to find a large number of new recruits and pay for these contracts.

If we think about what this incident was (a small and limited number of attackers in a concentrated area) then we may compare it to the Tunisia beach attacks. The greater presences of armed forces in this previous incident did not stop the attacker any more quickly that today.

Whatever the decision I would agree with the poster who suggested that a few hours after an attack is probably not the time for major policy change.