+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arm our officers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Of course it was, the police hadn't been formed yet.
    know your history

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    know your history
    The Peterloo Massacre occurred at St Peter's Field, Manchester, England, on 16 August 1819.

Greater Manchester Police had its early origins in the Metropolitan Manchester City Police which formed sometime in the 1830s, just after the Metropolitan Police Force in London.

What's your point?

[QUOTE=Wales-Bales;4729464]The Peterloo Massacre occurred at St Peter's Field, Manchester, England, on 16 August 1819.

Greater Manchester Police had its early origins in the Metropolitan Manchester City Police which formed sometime in the 1830s, just after the Metropolitan Police Force in London.

What's your point?[/QUOTE
    just mentioning it was the army when the thread is about arming the police , is that ok with you oh wise one

just mentioning it was the army when the thread is about arming the police , is that ok with you oh wise one
    And I was just mentioning that somebody higher up decided it was a good idea to put armed government employees in amonst a crowd of unarmed civilians. So while we are here, it might be a good idea to ask who was that somebody, why did they think it was a good idea, and for what purpose? We could also ask if there are any parallels with the call by some to arm a group of present day government employees, who will predominantly be amonst crowds of unarmed civilians on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    And I was just mentioning that somebody higher up decided it was a good idea to put armed government employees in amonst a crowd of unarmed civilians. So while we are here, it might be a good idea to ask who was that somebody, why did they think it was a good idea, and for what purpose? We could also ask if there are any parallels with the call by some to arm a group of present day government employees, who will predominantly be amonst crowds of unarmed civilians on a daily basis.
    i,m against it as i have previously stated, cant see the parallel between 1819 army and modern day policing tbh, i'll leave you to the last word now, of out, suns shining etc

i,m against it as i have previously stated, cant see the parallel between 1819 army and modern day policing tbh, i'll leave you to the last word now, of out, suns shining etc
    Let's say in the current day and age, a huge crowd of disgruntled citizens had a very valid reason to march on parliament. I know you are against arming the police, but can anybody say for sure a similar outcome could not happen again? And this is besides all the trigger-finger events that are likely to occur on a regular basis.

PS no sun here