Thread: C3PO

C3PO

What colour are C3PO's legs?

Re: C3PO

Didn't he have one silver one? Or a silver knee or something

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Didn't he have one silver one? Or a silver knee or something
    You are correct. His lower right leg is silver.

This was used on a podcast I listen to, as an example of Mandela Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Did Mandela have a white leg then?

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Did Mandela have a white leg then?
    Pretty sure it's a dead leg now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Pretty sure it's a dead leg now.

Your dead white about that

Blog Entries

What kind of podcast was it for them to be talking about the Mandela effect? (which is garbage btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What kind of podcast was it for them to be talking about the Mandela effect? (which is garbage btw)
    Isn't the Mandela affect just the name given to a false memory that a lot of people have

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Isn't the Mandela affect just the name given to a false memory that a lot of people have
    That's what a lot of people think, but really it is something completely different.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah but it's spread around like some sort of conspiracy, that's what I mean by garbage, not people having false memories.

Yeah but it's spread around like some sort of conspiracy, that's what I mean by garbage, not people having false memories.
    Mrs R in denying a conspiracy shocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Mrs R in denying a conspiracy shocker
    I don't believe them all just for the sake of it you know.

It was a skeptics podcast which was debunking the crazy theories proposed. These include data seeping in from parallel universes and us being on a glitchy computer program.

That's what a lot of people think, but really it is something completely different.

Yes, the story goes that a group of young Americans were discussing Mandela, and they all had similar recollections of Mandela having died in the 80s. They all shared similar "memories" of a funeral, riots and a Winnie Mandela speech.

Other examples given were the words spoken by Darth Vader on cutting off Luke Skywalker's hand, the phrase "Play it Again, Sam" which was never spoken, and a girl who didn't actually have braces in the movie Moonraker.

Our memories are not very good, but it's only recently we have been able to prove that based on media like movies and songs. Also, our memories of events can be conditioned by group discussions after the event, so our memory of an incident is skewed by peers.

It was a skeptics podcast which was debunking the crazy theories proposed. These include data seeping in from parallel universes and us being on a glitchy computer program.
    Not sure if this is the same thing but I have tried to understand the theory that the world is an illusion.

I read that the world is effectively like a computer desktop.

We see things out of convenience. On your desktop there are a number of programs set out. Is that how the programs are built/what they are made up of?. No. They are just images for easy access.

Apparently we see the world in the same way. Everything is binary but thousands of years of evolution has caused us to view things as they are, when that isn't how they actually look.

Animals in wildlife see the world differently. We are all animals so maybe there is something to it?.

I don't get it though.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...-make-you-ques

Ok ignore the click bait headline (and indeed site) but this gives some examples.

Feedback

one gold and one silver (well the bottom part is silver)

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Not sure if this is the same thing but I have tried to understand the theory that the world is an illusion.

I read that the world is effectively like a computer desktop.

We see things out of convenience. On your desktop there are a number of programs set out. Is that how the programs are built/what they are made up of?. No. They are just images for easy access.

Apparently we see the world in the same way. Everything is binary but thousands of years of evolution has caused us to view things as they are, when that isn't how they actually look.

Animals in wildlife see the world differently. We are all animals so maybe there is something to it?.

I don't get it though.
    I haven't heard of that one, but I remember (could be the Mandela effect) reading a story where two people were walking down a street. One of the people effectively was arguing that the universe existed only because and while he existed. If he died, the universe would end. The story goes (and this may be an urban myth) that he later committed suicide (jumped under a bus).

However, we are all still here.

Which made his companion wonder if it wasn't merely a story he himself invented to prove the universe was not just him.

Which makes me, as the teller of the story, supposedly wonder if I invented the story to prove the Universe is not just me.

And now you, as the reader of the story?

I think that it is possible that as we became more intelligent, we overthink our existence. Things like optical illusions work so well because our brains compensate for our poor vision. There may be more examples of brain evolution that causes little tricks in our understanding of the world.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...-make-you-ques

Ok ignore the click bait headline (and indeed site) but this gives some examples.
    I imagine number 17 Interview With The Vampire/Interview With A Vampire is because of connected speech. When you say them they sound almost exactly the same, because you only say the "th" sound once (With and The are connected) and the remaining sound*, the "e" in the and "a" are pronounced in a similar way. Your brain only hears that sound and it makes sense in a sentence so it assumes that's the title.

*called the schwa, fact fans, the most common sound in English

I haven't heard of that one, but I remember (could be the Mandela effect) reading a story where two people were walking down a street. One of the people effectively was arguing that the universe existed only because and while he existed. If he died, the universe would end. The story goes (and this may be an urban myth) that he later committed suicide (jumped under a bus).

However, we are all still here.

Which made his companion wonder if it wasn't merely a story he himself invented to prove the universe was not just him.

Which makes me, as the teller of the story, supposedly wonder if I invented the story to prove the Universe is not just me.

And now you, as the reader of the story?

I think that it is possible that as we became more intelligent, we overthink our existence. Things like optical illusions work so well because our brains compensate for our poor vision. There may be more examples of brain evolution that causes little tricks in our understanding of the world.
    Too much deep thinking for a monday

It is one of the ideas in satanism apparently.

The universe will only ever be how you see it in your head and you have the ability to change it. You are your own god so worship yourself.

It is one of the misconceptions about it, they don't actually worship satan. Someone said they called it satanism purposely so people would misunderstand it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Too much deep thinking for a monday

It is one of the ideas in satanism apparently.

The universe will only ever be how you see it in your head and you have the ability to change it. You are your own god so worship yourself.

It is one of the misconceptions about it, they don't actually worship satan. Someone said they called it satanism purposely so people would misunderstand it.
    I'm rubbish at it then. I see the images of Myleene Klass cooking me breakfast in the morning wearing nothing but a smile - all I get are soggy cornflakes that I serve myself.

I'm rubbish at it then. I see the images of Myleene Klass cooking me breakfast in the morning wearing nothing but a smile - all I get are soggy cornflakes that I serve myself.

It is quite a depressing way to think though.

There has got to be more out there than what I can understand with my pea sized brain.

Here's another one for you, Oliver Hardy never said "There's another fine mess you've gotten me into"

He actually said "there's another NICE mess you've gotten me into"