+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arm our officers

Arm our officers

I'm not a big fan of guns but I think it's time we armed all police officers. Too close to home today :(

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by Spearsy View Post
    I'm not a big fan of guns but I think it's time we armed all police officers. Too close to home today :(

Quote Originally Posted by Spearsy View Post
    Rubbish

As terrrible as things were today we reacted fantastically to it and my faith in our security has only been strengthened by today

Its the obvious and understandable reaction but Im not convinced that routine arming is the way forward. Anyway, from the pics Ive seen a lot of the cops were carrying guns.

Holy shit is this a bad idea.

that area of london would have had Armed Officers walking around on patrol and they have a massive amount of trained officers ready to use arms, the ARU in central london is a fair size

Now imagine something similar happening in a sleepy small town in Gloucester or Somerset, the ARU might take 30 mins to arrive on the scene and then it will likely only be 6 of them, think of the damage someone could do in 30 mins a scary thought

i know the government has said they are training up more AR officers, but not enough and not fast enough

The main problem with routinely arming the police is that the bad guys will also arm themselves.
    UK becomes like the USA in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    that area of london would have had Armed Officers walking around on patrol and they have a massive amount of trained officers ready to use arms, the ARU in central london is a fair size

Now imagine something similar happening in a sleepy small town in Gloucester or Somerset, the ARU might take 30 mins to arrive on the scene and then it will likely only be 6 of them, think of the damage someone could do in 30 mins a scary thought

i know the government has said they are training up more AR officers, but not enough and not fast enough
    The guy had a car and a knife

Casualties would have been similar in a sleepy town too

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Careful, you'll be called a libtard in a minute.

but he would have continued to run around stabbing people, the armed officer shot him to stop him in london

so dont you think in that 30 mins he might have done more damage ? ? ?

but he would have continued to run around stabbing people, the armed officer shot him to stop him in london

so dont you think in that 30 mins he might have done more damage ? ? ?
    A man with a knife would soon be over powered if people see a threat

In some circles, yes.
    But many ordinary Joes would try to run off, thinking " let someone else tackle him!"

I don't know what the solution to an arsehole with a knife is, but I know giving every superiority-complex meathead bobby a hand-cannon is going to cause more problems than it solves.

even if you are right, the chances are the guy would have stabbed a fair few more people by then

yet if a armed PO was only a few mins away, people wouldnt have to " be a hero " and have a go, they would know, get out the way and in a few mins the police would arrive and put the guy down

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I don't know what the solution to an arsehole with a knife is, but I know giving every superiority-complex meathead bobby a hand-cannon is going to cause more problems than it solves.
    because is does in the US i guess ? ? ?

because is does in the US i guess ? ? ?
    Are you kidding?

Read my post again and ask yourself if putting thousands of guns into the hands of lowly paid civil servants who often choose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others is the correct solution to one guy with a knife?

No looking at the US required for that conundrum.

Are you kidding?

Read my post again and ask yourself if putting thousands of guns into the hands of lowly paid civil servants who often choose a career in policing in order to assert their authority over others is the correct solution to one guy with a knife?

No looking at the US required for that conundrum.

such anger from you, and talking such bollocks too

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Yes, yes you are.

I don't know what part you think is "bollocks" but I'm not angry at all, just pointing out how bad an idea the OP suggested is.

I don't know what part you think is "bollocks" but I'm not angry at all, just pointing out how bad an idea the OP suggested is.
    well the fact that you think police are superiority complex meatheads strikes me as bollocks, i don't agree with routine arming but your phraseology is puerile
    Last edited by Packerman; 22-03-17 at 19:53.

I think the Police officer who was killed was actually armed.

well the fact that you think police are superiority complex meatheads strikes me as bollocks, i don't agree with routine arming but your phraseology is purile
    I didn't say they all were, but some definitely are.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I think the Police officer who was killed was actually armed.
    i was thinking the same, if he was inside the parliamentary secure area then surely he was armed??

even if you are right, the chances are the guy would have stabbed a fair few more people by then

yet if a armed PO was only a few mins away, people wouldnt have to " be a hero " and have a go, they would know, get out the way and in a few mins the police would arrive and put the guy down
    If he went from one thatched cottage to the next stabbing a little old lady each time he'd kill hundreds. Back in the real world however the second he confronted more than a couple of people he'd be tackled.
    This is a knee jerk reaction to a problem that's not currently there and I wouldn't want to see the majority of our egotist bobbies with a gun either