+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Anyone have a rough figure for ticket sales so far or how many they're expecting?

Looks like they're only opening the Grandstand, for pre sales at least. Limited availability across most of it now so if that sells out how many roughly would that be?

Hoping there will be a decent amount of walk up sales on the day. Think the club have done a really poor job, firstly with the timing (mothers day & people coming home from Dublin) but also with the lack of marketing of it. If we don't get a good turn out to show our appreciation for an all time club legend, it would be a huge shame :(

Re: Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Anyone have a rough figure for ticket sales so far or how many they're expecting?

Looks like they're only opening the Grandstand, for pre sales at least. Limited availability across most of it now so if that sells out how many roughly would that be?

Hoping there will be a decent amount of walk up sales on the day. Think the club have done a really poor job, firstly with the timing (mothers day & people coming home from Dublin) but also with the lack of marketing of it. If we don't get a good turn out to show our appreciation for an all time club legend, it would be a huge shame :(
    I would really have liked to go but no chance on Mother's Day. With fans also having a weekender in Dublin I'm not sure they could have picked a worse date.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I would really have liked to go but no chance on Mother's Day. With fans also having a weekender in Dublin I'm not sure they could have picked a worse date.
    Wives day would have been better

It is terrible timing to be fair. I told my mother that I can see her anytime, so tough titties and to be fair she said "it's fine, I want to go anyway"

Just booked my two tickets

The timing isn't great. A few hundred of our fans will probably still be in Dublin Sunday afternoon, and Mothers Day means another few thousand won't be attending.

Not sure when else they could've done it though. Can't do it in the season when City are at home, and little point doing it when we have an away game on & many of our fans will be going to/ following that. So international breaks or the summer are the only options.

It should've been done last summer, but was the CCS pitch ok for a match last summer? Would it have been ok with Cardiff City to hold it this summer?

As for the marketing, I can't really fault it. I've had multiple emails about it just this week, in addition to it being mentioned in most weekly emails for the last few months. It's also on the club website & on the big screens during our home games. Everyone knows it's on. They just can't get to it.

I will be there

Maximum 3-4000 there, won't be much more. That is sad.

Well I've bought 5 tickets for me, my wife, kids and brother. Now shitting myself that I might get picked to play and that that Kev might run off with the Mrs (less so the latter if I'm honest)

All about priorities.

I was looking forward to this match, but won't be able to go.
    Wife likes Mother's day tob e about her, but more importantly, my mum has just been admitted to a nursing home and visits are precious.

Sorry Kev.

we were planning to go up and see my mum and go to the game, she then announces its my brothers turn to have her for Mothers day

so the mrs say " we can still go though " so we are all going

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we were planning to go up and see my mum and go to the game, she then announces its my brothers turn to have her for Mothers day

Going where though? Your brothers or the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    As for the marketing, I can't really fault it. I've had multiple emails about it just this week, in addition to it being mentioned in most weekly emails for the last few months. It's also on the club website & on the big screens during our home games. Everyone knows it's on. They just can't get to it.
    For some reason I never get the mails from the club. When I logged on to buy my tickets the link wasn't even on the scrolling headlines section of the website? More than anything though I don't think they've done enough on social media. It's just been the odd post, should have been rammed down peoples throats! They've got a good turn out of ex players including some big names like Bellers, Jimmy Floyd and Fowler but I only know this from following the account for the game set up by a fan! Will be really sad if it's a poor turn out for such a legend of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    the game

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post

That was my immediate thought as well "brothers or game"

I am hoping that my hot air balloon trip on Sunday morning here in Somerset is either cancelled (as is usual) or finishes in time for me to make the game.

For some reason I never get the mails from the club. When I logged on to buy my tickets the link wasn't even on the scrolling headlines section of the website? More than anything though I don't think they've done enough on social media. It's just been the odd post, should have been rammed down peoples throats! They've got a good turn out of ex players including some big names like Bellers, Jimmy Floyd and Fowler but I only know this from following the account for the game set up by a fan! Will be really sad if it's a poor turn out for such a legend of the club.
    There is so much more they could have done. A video interview with Kev would have been the absolute minimum, talking about his time at City and the fans, cup finals etc. That's what people interact with these days and all I've seen are articles which nobody really cares to read to the end. A showreel of his best tackles, something to get people involved.

They could have done interviews with past and present due to play, crikey it couldn't have been that hard to get a 10 minute interview with Whitts after he finished training. Paul Parry lives in Cardiff so that wouldn't have been difficult.

You have to wonder who are the decision makers at the club?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    There is so much more they could have done. A video interview with Kev would have been the absolute minimum, talking about his time at City and the fans, cup finals etc. That's what people interact with these days and all I've seen are articles which nobody really cares to read to the end. A showreel of his best tackles, something to get people involved.

They could have done interviews with past and present due to play, crikey it couldn't have been that hard to get a 10 minute interview with Whitts after he finished training. Paul Parry lives in Cardiff so that wouldn't have been difficult.

You have to wonder who are the decision makers at the club?!
    Spot on! Really was expecting a big build up to this game, media stuff with Kev and ex players, advertising it at the recent home games, getting some of the featured players to come back and talk about it at half time etc, etc. Media team are normally pretty good at Cardiff tbf, just baffles me why they have only made the minimum effort here!

Spot on! Really was expecting a big build up to this game, media stuff with Kev and ex players, advertising it at the recent home games, getting some of the featured players to come back and talk about it at half time etc, etc. Media team are normally pretty good at Cardiff tbf, just baffles me why they have only made the minimum effort here!
    Probably by dropping a bollock of putting it on Mothers Day

Putting the testimonial aside for one second, I can't believe how many people take 'Mothers Day' that seriously, what seems more concerning is the fact that the wives-girlfriends-Mums etc, take this shit to actually mean something, and expect to be pampered, spoilt and indulged, simply because they are a Mother. Same goes for Fathers Day, Valentines etc. There are plenty more days in the year when appreciation can be offered, that may take some imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Putting the testimonial aside for one second, I can't believe how many people take 'Mothers Day' that seriously, what seems more concerning is the fact that the wives-girlfriends-Mums etc, take this shit to actually mean something, and expect to be pampered, spoilt and indulged, simply because they are a Mother. Same goes for Fathers Day, Valentines etc. There are plenty more days in the year when appreciation can be offered, that may take some imagination.
    Agree, if Cardiff or Wales were playing I don't think Mothers/Fathers Day would stop many going

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Agree, if Cardiff or Wales were playing I don't think Mothers/Fathers Day would stop many going
    You're probably right, although I don't want to judge anyone on their reasons why they don't want to attend a football match, that's their business-my point was why people think that they have to spring into action because the shops and adverts tell them too. It's not even an issue in my house, if my wife wanted to do something on Fathers Day (whenever that is) then fill 'yer boots, These days that celebrate the fact that someone is a Mother, Father, Grand mother etc, are contrived and lazy, and I think that spouses and partners who feel the need to be indulged on these days are acting in a selfish and childish manner. Let's be honest, it doesn't take much imagination or thought, just a case of 'doing your duty' I'll be going tomorrow, I may ask my wife to join me, my mother is working, and anyway, some set 'Mothers Day' menu in some crowded overpriced mediocre restaurant , being served by people on minimum wage and a zero hour contract just doesn't appeal. Bring on Super Kev!

Maybe there should've been an open bus tour instead so he could wave at everyone. It could pass various carveries on the way so no-one misses out.

I'm with you.....

Mother's Day, Father's Day, brought to you in association with Clintons cards

Absolute tosh

You're probably right, although I don't want to judge anyone on their reasons why they don't want to attend a football match, that's their business-my point was why people think that they have to spring into action because the shops and adverts tell them too. It's not even an issue in my house, if my wife wanted to do something on Fathers Day (whenever that is) then fill 'yer boots, These days that celebrate the fact that someone is a Mother, Father, Grand mother etc, are contrived and lazy, and I think that spouses and partners who feel the need to be indulged on these days are acting in a selfish and childish manner. Let's be honest, it doesn't take much imagination or thought, just a case of 'doing your duty' I'll be going tomorrow, I may ask my wife to join me, my mother is working, and anyway, some set 'Mothers Day' menu in some crowded overpriced mediocre restaurant , being served by people on minimum wage and a zero hour contract just doesn't appeal. Bring on Super Kev!
    It's simple really - a day the missus enjoys as we go for a meal with the kids. It's not taken that seriously, just something she looks forward to. Given I disappear every home City game it's not a lot to ask that I'm around for it imo.