+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Re: Attendance for Kev's match on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Putting the testimonial aside for one second, I can't believe how many people take 'Mothers Day' that seriously, what seems more concerning is the fact that the wives-girlfriends-Mums etc, take this shit to actually mean something, and expect to be pampered, spoilt and indulged, simply because they are a Mother. Same goes for Fathers Day, Valentines etc. There are plenty more days in the year when appreciation can be offered, that may take some imagination.
    I'm with you.....

Mother's Day, Father's Day, brought to you in association with Clintons cards

Absolute tosh
    Should we abandon Christmas, birthdays and all other occasions too (all thought up by someone at some point and thrust upon us all)?

Or is looking forward to a few 'manufactured' occasions a year really not the end of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Should we abandon Christmas, birthdays and all other occasions too (all thought up by someone at some point and thrust upon us all)?

Or is looking forward to a few 'manufactured' occasions a year really not the end of the world?
    Bit ironic really given the alternative being discussed is a manufactured occasion to show appreciation to a football player.

Not that I wouldn't have gone on any other date like.

I miss all my Saints Days and look forward to Clinton Cards inventing Second Cousin Days.

To be serious, wasn't Mother's Day originally Mothering Sunday - an event on the Anglican calendar when girls 'in service' were given half a day off to go home and visit their mothers? Then someone worked out how to make a profit out of it.

Father's Day was invented in the USA in 1910 or 1912 - depending on which version you believe. It was made into a national holiday in 1972 by Tricky Dicky Nixon. Where the USA led, the rest of the world was expected to follow.

No not the end of the world at all and appreciate we're all different in the way we look at things but , Mother's Day, really?

For what it's worth Easter and Xmas don't mean anything to me either but I'll buy into the farce to a degree because at least it merits some bank holidays and I'm all for that.

Birthdays and anniversaries however are there to be celebrated as it's your loved ones and to me that will always mean more than these relative newcomer "occasions" and religious celebrations that the vast majority of us know are plain ridiculous.

I see grandparent day is gathering momentum now as well. Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    No not the end of the world at all and appreciate we're all different in the way we look at things but , Mother's Day, really?

For what it's worth Easter and Xmas don't mean anything to me either but I'll buy into the farce to a degree because at least it merits some bank holidays and I'm all for that.

Birthdays and anniversaries however are there to be celebrated as it's your loved ones and to me that will always mean more than these relative newcomer "occasions" and religious celebrations that the vast majority of us know are plain ridiculous.

I see grandparent day is gathering momentum now as well. Lovely
    You only really celebrate birthdays and anniversaries because most other people do. As for XMAS and Easter, you get the time off anyway, the rest of it is entirely optional.