+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: ROI 0 - 0 Wales.

Re: FT: ROI 0 - 0 Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ooofff, that's nasty. Not sure anyone can blame Taylor though, he had every right to go for that challenge and it was Coleman kicking Taylor in the back of the leg that did the damage.

Surge without Bale we have no chance in Serbia.

Serbia game without Bale is an amazingly tough ask.

Lawrence is going to have to step up to the mark as we really need that flare, as are Vokes and Robson-Kanu who were anonymous. Ramsey looked way off his regular self this evening, needs out of Arsenal immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Surge without Bale we have no chance in Serbia.
    It's definitely going to be difficult. I felt that Ramsey started and finished poorly today but the middle section of the game saw him start to play a bit and hopefully the added responsibility will reveal his best nature. I also think that perhaps a time where we can't be so reliant on a Bale heavy 3-4-2-1 may do us good in the long run.

Did Ireland draw in Serbia in their first game? Ireland are a decent but not extraordinary team and if we set up well we could be looking at a point. The problem with that being obvious.
    Last edited by surge; 24-03-17 at 22:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Amazing how we have one of the best players in the world playing 50 yards behind Vokes or Robson-Kanu. ****ing shambles.
    You knew how the game was going to go when bale was running about by the centre circle looking for the ball mid way through the 1st half.

Our game plan was to give him the ball. None of the wing play like the euros. at all.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's definitely going to be difficult. I felt that Ramsey started and finished poorly today but the middle section of the game saw him start to play a bit and hopefully the added responsibility will reveal his best nature. I also think that perhaps a time where we can't be so reliant on a Bale heavy 3-4-2-1 may do us good in the long run.

Did Ireland draw in Serbia in their first game? Ireland are a decent but not extraordinary team and if we set up well we could be looking at a point. The problem with that being obvious.
    Yep Ireland drew in Serbia. They are so negative though and will offer nothing if they qualify for the World Cup finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    FFS, just realised I've been watching Sky Sports news for the last half an hour.
    😂😂😂😂

Re: ROI v Wales predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Did anyone else just see Coleman describe this game as a British derby?
    I heard that and was surprised. Especially as Coleman's old man was a Dubliner. I suppose the majority of the players play and have played most of their careers in the British game. But Coleman should know better. And the Irish reporters should have called him out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by giddyblue View Post
    that georgia game ****ed us
    So right - since being, arguably, the better side against us, Georgia have drawn and lost at home to Moldova and Serbia respectively, we made them look good that day.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I heard that and was surprised. Especially as Coleman's old man was a Dubliner. I suppose the majority of the players play and have played most of their careers in the British game. But Coleman should know better. And the Irish reporters should have called him out on it.
    In football terms, it was a British derby - glad to see no one seems to be trying to make a political point out of what Coleman said other than on here.

First Team

In qualification terms a draw away in Ireland is not a disaster especially when considering the sending off.
    However, what it does mean is that for Wales ,away to Serbia becomes a must win match. Lose there and the gap becomes almost insurmountable with the games left and with Ireland and Austria also so closely matched even a runners up spot starts to look tricky. Looking in from the outside it becomes a hugely interesting group, with this 4 way battle for qualification, but I appreciate that is probably not what most on here want.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In football terms, it was a British derby - glad to see no one seems to be trying to make a political point out of what Coleman said other than on here.
    Let's pretend he meant the British Isles derby.

The cynic in me thinks that Bale was quite content to get a yellow card last night.
    Means he can hit the beach earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean about "making a political point", but what Coleman said was perhaps insensitive don't you think? If Wales played in England in Cardiff and Southgate referred to the game as a typical English derby, would you not take offence?