+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: ROI 0 - 0 Wales.

Re: ROI v Wales predictions

Neither Ramsey or Bale look really up for this. Hope we see a more determined effort in the second half.

nugent was right about the damp squid. I've seen more football watching my cat playing with a ball of wool.

Come on Wales and Bale wake up and beat the bog trotters

Vokes on. Should have started.

FFS, Taylor sent off

Thats our World Cup over. Taylor you twat

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    what happened? im on a plane

With that and Bale getting booked so he'll miss Serbia, I think our World Cup just slipped away in the last 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by giddyblue View Post
    what happened? im on a plane
    They haven't shown a replay but it looked like a bad tackle on Coleman who may or may not have broken his leg. He's been stretchered off.

I think it was heading to be over anyway. Why in a must win game with Ireland happy with a draw we carry on with 5 defenders and Ledley sitting in front of them offering little in the way of attack I dont know.

This team did well when we were underdogs and Bale could exploit defences.

Having to break down a defence and we struggle.

Funny thing is with them now attacking maybe Bale may get a break.

fuk ofF colEmAn u fukin peaCe ov shiT

i woUld oF toLd im not 2 gEt senT oF

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    They haven't shown a replay but it looked like a bad tackle on Coleman who may or may not have broken his leg. He's been stretchered off.
    Definite break. You could see his lower leg flapping about as he went you ground.

Shocking tackle

Not enough and with Bale out of the Serbia game we are heading out. A word on Ireland. They are utter shit.

Not enough and with Bale out of the Serbia game we are heading out. A word on Ireland. They are utter shit.
    Credit to O'Neill he gets the best out of a limited bunch, they are dreadful to watch though. Can't help but think they were there for the taking today, but we created so little

Reminded me of the Portugal game without the defeat. Far too slow on the ball and almost scared to really have a good go. We had some decent play second half but considering the benefits of winning the match and the fact Ireland looked there for the taking it's a disappointing one.

We really struggle to create when teams sit in, funnily enough our best effort came when Ireland went forward more and Bale was very unlucky not to find the top corner.

4 draws now, think we quickly need to adapt our play when teams show us respect.

Re: FT: ROI 0 - 0 Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Credit to O'Neill he gets the best out of a limited bunch, they are dreadful to watch though. Can't help but think they were there for the taking today, but we created so little
    Yes he does well with a bang average groupof players but for the home teamthey were very negative and offered nothing until Taylor was sent off.

We always struggle when teams get men behind the ball.

Ireland should be ashamed though. At home and they were treating it as though they were a plucky non league side who have just drawn man u in the fa cup

that georgia game ****ed us

Let's be honest we were absolutely crap this evening. Hope Coleman is ok after that dreadful tackle from Taylor.

Joe Allen about the only decent player for us, Bale was nowhere near the final third when we were attacking most of the time, don't have a clue who's decision that was.

I didn't understand our tactics. Bale was so deep.Ramsey was poor. Ireland were dismal. They were incredibly negative.

I didn't understand our tactics. Bale was so deep.Ramsey was poor. Ireland were dismal. They were incredibly negative.
    Amazing how we have one of the best players in the world playing 50 yards behind Vokes or Robson-Kanu. ****ing shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I've seen the "still" photo, trust me, that's a break.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I've seen the "still" photo, trust me, that's a break.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idkDJQGdFiM

For an unknown reason - was it the pitch or were our player suffering from match form? - we seemed a little hesitant with and without the ball. Taylor and Gunter provided great width, and if Taylor had the talent of Sheamus Coleman in front of goal then we could have been two up before the ref took action, and Allen was busy but even these players will know they can play a lot better.

While we may have needed to win before the game kicked off this will be one of those times where what counts as a good result changes due to in-game activity. Maybe we'll ask what might have been if Bale's 80th minute strike had found the back of the net but hopefully we've now used up all our bad luck and can go on a run in the second half of this group.