+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That tackle

That tackle

Ok,I'll admit that I've not played to anywhere near a decent standard, and that my knowledge of the finer points of the game is poor, but whilst the injury to Coleman looks horrendous, and yes, Taylor had at least one foot off the ground, the more I see it, the more I think it was a 50/50 ball.
    Tbf, In real time it looked horrible and the reaction of Taylor, and the rest of the players spoke volumes, I honestly don't think he went in to hurt the guy.
    I'd be interested to understand more

Re: That tackle

Still only seen it once so not sure. He is being hammered on social media. I thought the Irish players were roughing Wales up in the first half with the referee doing nothing about it. I suspect the Welsh boys decided to play them at their own game.

Coleman kicked the back of Taylor's leg, Taylor totally not to blame for what happened.

Just seeing the replays for the first time. They didn't show them during the game over here.

All I can say is that it's very unfortunate. I don't really think Taylor has really done much wrong, he went for the ball, missed and Coleman kicked right through him. It was a 50/50 ball.

First Team

Only the player making the tackle really knows the true intent.
    However, imagine if the roles were reversed how would most feel about it then ?
    In fairness I don't think the fella is a dirty player who goes around trying to hurt players but on seeing it as a neutral I don't think it looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Just seeing the replays for the first time. They didn't show them during the game over here.

All I can say is that it's very unfortunate. I don't really think Taylor has really done much wrong, he went for the ball, missed and Coleman kicked right through him. It was a 50/50 ball.
    They didn't show the replays here either mate.

I was watching it in the pub, was sat about 15 feet away from the telly, on my fifth pint, and my first reaction was "holy shit" - looking at replays, it's obviously a horrible outcome, but looks to me like he was going for the ball

To be honest you've seen many worse tackles than that.

One of those where the timing probably did the damage where Coleman was likely pushing off one leg just as Taylor came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    To be honest you've seen many worse tackles than that.

One of those where the timing probably did the damage where Coleman was likely pushing off one leg just as Taylor came in.
    Spot on, I've seen (what I thought to be) worse tackles that have inflicted less damage. In fact I thought Bale's foul that got him the yellow card was worse tbh

The term "horror tackle" is being bandied around in the media, I think they're being overly sensationalist (no shocks there) but I may be wrong

Taylor is not playing regularly and he got his timing wrong.
    Not a dirty player and he had no intention of badly hurting Coleman, unlike say Shawcross on A Ramsey, but the ref allowed the game to flow too much.
    You could see early on what Ireland's intentions were and he should have stamped out the rough stuff.
    Hopefully he will make a full recovery.

I've not seen a replay but in the moment I felt that there was a ball to be one and would have been disappointed in Taylor hadn't gone for it. It sounds as if it had a horrific effect but from the live instance I saw it as a 50-50 rather than a 30-70.

A reckless and cowardly challenge. Going in like that for a 50/50 there does mean that Neil Taylor won't bring his leg but Coleman might break his.

No way was it intentional but by challenging with studs up you are always putting the other guy in danger. It happens in nearly every other game though so Neil shouldn't be hung out to dry like he is, he needs to make a statement soon though

Having now seen it in slow motion from a number of angles I have to say it's just one of those unfortunate things that happen sometimes in football. Yes, Taylor's timing was out but if it wasn't for the end result then we would have all been complaining about if being a red.

Clearly no malicious intent but that won't stop the social media mongs from having their witch hunt instead of focusing on the only thing that really matters, which is hoping that a very talented young man can recover from a horrific injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Having now seen it in slow motion from a number of angles I have to say it's just one of those unfortunate things that happen sometimes in football. Yes, Taylor's timing was out but if it wasn't for the end result then we would have all been complaining about if being a red.

Clearly no malicious intent but that won't stop the social media mongs from having their witch hunt instead of focusing on the only thing that really matters, which is hoping that a very talented young man can recover from a horrific injury.
    A great post and I fully agree that most users of social media are indeed very challenged in the IQ department

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    A great post and I fully agree that most users of social media are indeed very challenged in the IQ department
    Yep. I've just turned off social media, the over reaction is just unbelievable. Absoulte idiots

Some are labelling it "one of the worst tackles ever"

Get a grip, had the referee done his job properly last night Ireland would have already been down to ten by that point

Really unfortunate tackle, but I can't help thinking that some of the blame for the physical nature of the game has to be placed at the door of Roy Keane. He publicly said they were going to need to kick Bale & co to keep them quiet. Whelan should have gone for an elbow, I think the Ref let too much go. No directly attributing this to the Taylor challenge, but it set up the mood of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some are labelling it "one of the worst tackles ever"

Get a grip, had the referee done his job properly last night Ireland would have already been down to ten by that point
    Wouldn't Coleman have had to be in possession of the ball for it be a "tackle"?

Not to be insensitive, but it could be argued that Coleman was just as "reckless" as Taylor. The ball wasn't his to lose, he didn't have to go charging in for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Really unfortunate tackle, but I can't help thinking that some of the blame for the physical nature of the game has to be placed at the door of Roy Keane. He publicly said they were going to need to kick Bale & co to keep them quiet. Whelan should have gone for an elbow, I think the Ref let too much go. No directly attributing this to the Taylor challenge, but it set up the mood of the game.
    Have to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Have to agree with this.
    as has been mentioned if the dick of a ref had done his job properly (and that means not favouring the irish) then possibly this accident wouldn`t have happened. 50/50 ball never a sending off , the republic (and some of our lot) have a fking nerve having a go at Taylor after their rough house tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    as has been mentioned if the dick of a ref had done his job properly (and that means not favouring the irish) then possibly this accident wouldn`t have happened. 50/50 ball never a sending off , the republic (and some of our lot) have a fking nerve having a go at Taylor after their rough house tactics.
    Why on earth our some of our fans having a go? Maybe a bit reckless, maybe not in best form but he showed up, he always does, and put in effort. That's all he needs to do to get support.

There are so many drama queens and keyboard warriors around on social media, that it's become laughable.
    Last nights game was very unusual, in as much as neither team have form or a reputation for the rough stuff, but there seemed to be plenty of unsavoury incidents, and very little goal mouth action. Whelans elbow on Allen, Bales high tackle could have both been red cards.
    As for the game itself, I feel Wales played in a way, that suggested they didn't want to be seen as a one man team. Bale was hardly in the game, and Ramsey seemed to bring Arsenals bad form with him.
    All in all, it was a game that will hopefully be quickly forgotten, but looking at some of the dramatics over that tackle, I somehow don't think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ok,I'll admit that I've not played to anywhere near a decent standard, and that my knowledge of the finer points of the game is poor, but whilst the injury to Coleman looks horrendous, and yes, Taylor had at least one foot off the ground, the more I see it, the more I think it was a 50/50 ball.
    Tbf, In real time it looked horrible and the reaction of Taylor, and the rest of the players spoke volumes, I honestly don't think he went in to hurt the guy.
    I'd be interested to understand more
    How different would have been the ensuing posts if that tackle had been completed by a Stoke player on Aaron Ramsey, it was a disgusting tackle, the game needs to be rid of these animals who make these type of tackles.
    The ref had lost control of the game but its no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    How different would have been the ensuing posts if that tackle had been completed by a Stoke player on Aaron Ramsey, it was a disgusting tackle, the game needs to be rid of these animals who make these type of tackles.
    The ref had lost control of the game but its no excuse.
    What are you on about? Coleman kicked the back of Taylor's calf, what's Taylor supposed to do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    What are you on about? Coleman kicked the back of Taylor's calf, what's Taylor supposed to do about that?
    He's not to act in a manner which could end another players career, it was a dirty game from the off, the ref should be looking at his part, but the ref never completed that tackle, the authorities need to ban players for life, Bale was more than lucky to (a) not break a players leg, (b) Stay on the pitch, it was quite clear that the Ireland game plan was to dish out treatment, our players were not given any protection but reacted in an inappropriate manner, it's your right to defend Taylor if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    He's not to act in a manner which could end another players career, it was a dirty game from the off, the ref should be looking at his part, but the ref never completed that tackle, the authorities need to ban players for life, Bale was more than lucky to (a) not break a players leg, (b) Stay on the pitch, it was quite clear that the Ireland game plan was to dish out treatment, our players were not given any protection but reacted in an inappropriate manner, it's your right to defend Taylor if you wish.
    Shitting hell that is a long sentence.

I think the players should politely ask if it is their 'turn to kick the ball yet' and stay 5 metres away from each other at all times, instant life ban if they get any closer.