+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That tackle

Re: That tackle

I was at the game.

The referee let everything go in the first half. EVERYTHING.
    It got fiestier and fiestier and no bounderies were set early on.

It was a tackle like many others in the game some from the Irish players. It is incredibly sad that Coleman has abroken leg but NO WAY was it malicious or intentional. The Irish fans at the game knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    He's not to act in a manner which could end another players career, it was a dirty game from the off, the ref should be looking at his part, but the ref never completed that tackle, the authorities need to ban players for life, Bale was more than lucky to (a) not break a players leg, (b) Stay on the pitch, it was quite clear that the Ireland game plan was to dish out treatment, our players were not given any protection but reacted in an inappropriate manner, it's your right to defend Taylor if you wish.
    A ban for life for miss-timing a 50/50 is a tad harsh

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It is, but going in studs facing is not 50/50, its deliberate.

the micks are pussys. bunch of gaylords, they cant handle a bit of proper football.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    the micks are pussys. bunch of gaylords, they cant handle a bit of proper football.
    Spot on mate. In my day if someone broke their leg during a game they would get the wet sponge and run it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Spot on mate. In my day if someone broke their leg during a game they would get the wet sponge and run it off.
    Or hop/pogo it off

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    He's not to act in a manner which could end another players career, it was a dirty game from the off, the ref should be looking at his part, but the ref never completed that tackle, the authorities need to ban players for life, Bale was more than lucky to (a) not break a players leg, (b) Stay on the pitch, it was quite clear that the Ireland game plan was to dish out treatment, our players were not given any protection but reacted in an inappropriate manner, it's your right to defend Taylor if you wish.
    Tad harsh? Any kind of ban for mistiming a 50 50 is ludicrous suggestion, never mind for life.
    The amount of people who have been expressing their differing opinions on the incident shows this could never work.
    Can you imagine how many law suits there would be?
    Cheating players roll about feigning injury as it is, the drama would be unbearable to watch (Diego Costa )

There was a game on telly the other day, I forget which one, where there was a nasty 50 50 challenge. The main aggressor got the free kick because he rolled about more than the 'victim,' like he'd been shot.
    The ref got it completely wrong.
    How would this work for games where no cameras?
    The "authorities" have already made it virtually a non contact sport, why not go the whole hog and make the game 'touch and pass'!

It's actually such a ridiculous suggestion, I'm thinking this is a wind up post.

Give 'em all guns

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ok,I'll admit that I've not played to anywhere near a decent standard, and that my knowledge of the finer points of the game is poor, but whilst the injury to Coleman looks horrendous, and yes, Taylor had at least one foot off the ground, the more I see it, the more I think it was a 50/50 ball.
    Tbf, In real time it looked horrible and the reaction of Taylor, and the rest of the players spoke volumes, I honestly don't think he went in to hurt the guy.
    I'd be interested to understand more
    I played to a county league standard and would say there was intent to go in hard and shake Coleman up , once you are committed to that decision your are in full flight , you could injury yourself or the player , its like a rush of blood thing , once you have told your mind your going in , your going in.

I am sure Coleman has made similar tough challenges, thankfully for him its hasn't resulted in a connection to a bone that has resulted in a break .

Its football we move on we play with risk , didn't think our managers comments have helped anyone , he should said it was a bad tackle and move on , not babble on about a typical British game, or refer to the Bale incident,which could be consider as reckless , as was the elbow into Allen.

Hey , back in the day you did target someone to put him out of the game , ask the lad on the Irish bench ( Keene ) or watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

Was going to say. If Ireland fans want to know what a deliberate leg breaking tackle looks like then they should just ask their assistant manager

I've watched again and really can't tell whether Taylor strikes his shin first or whether it's Coleman's follow-though that causes it.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ok,I'll admit that I've not played to anywhere near a decent standard, and that my knowledge of the finer points of the game is poor, but whilst the injury to Coleman looks horrendous, and yes, Taylor had at least one foot off the ground, the more I see it, the more I think it was a 50/50 ball.
    Tbf, In real time it looked horrible and the reaction of Taylor, and the rest of the players spoke volumes, I honestly don't think he went in to hurt the guy.
    I'd be interested to understand more
    5+ pints post imo.

there is one photo ive seen where it shows that Colemans shin has connected with Taylor calf and then the break occurs. I wouldnt be surprised if Taylor has some muscle damaged as well. You can argue that Taylor foot is off the ground but his studs never touch Colemans leg and Coleman is also lashing at the ball so he not in control either so seems to be that an awful accident

What I don't get is why footballers think it's OK to play without decent shin pads on. Speaking as someone who at 17 had his shin pad smashed in a tackle which makes Taylor's look like a friendly stroke, I've insisted on wearing them for 30 years every time I play.
    I've seen far too many leg breaks , many could have been prevented

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    What I don't get is why footballers think it's OK to play without decent shin pads on. Speaking as someone who at 17 had his shin pad smashed in a tackle which makes Taylor's look like a friendly stroke, I've insisted on wearing them for 30 years every time I play.
    I've seen far too many leg breaks , many could have been prevented
    Better safe than sorry, of course, but I think wearing them for 30 years at a time is excessive. Must look silly when you're on the beach?

Whelan could have easily broken Richards' leg not long after that

Whelan could have easily broken Richards' leg not long after that
    Saw this on twitter. Do you know around what time it happened in the game? Didnt see that from our seats (doesnt say much mind, they weren't the best in that awful stand)

The thick Irish team go out to kick and elbow Wales off the park and now they complain. Oh the irony!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not a dirty player and he had no intention of badly hurting Coleman, unlike say Shawcross on A Ramsey,
    I didn't think the shawcross challenge was any worse than taylors?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I didn't think the shawcross challenge was any worse than taylors?
    I don't see it that way. It is a while ago but I'm pretty sure that the Shawcross "tackle" was intentional.
    Whilst he may not have wished the outcome on the lad, he intended to hurt as that is how Stoke (at that time anyway) played their football. Ironically similar to the way Ireland set up against us.

he mistimed a 50/50 tackle, it happens all the time and often is a booking and nothing more