+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yet another draw as qualification fades further into the distance for battle weary Wales.

Re: Yet another draw as qualification fades further into the distance for battle weary Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    We have not had a friendly for 9 months and it's now really showing that we have no back up plan to try anything.
    Absolutely this. I think I'm right in saying that the side that started against the Republic of Ireland was the side that beat Belgium in the Euros and played together for most of it.

The element of surprise has gone. Teams are happy to sit back and let us have the ball to a certain extent. I read a few Irish fans were unimpressed with O'Neill's tactics against us, where they didn't grab hold of the game, but teams that attack us and try and defend a high line can get punished on the break.

Warnock recently said that it's when the chips are down that a manager really earns his corn, things can often take care of themselves when things go well. Now it's time for Coleman to work something else out. It's almost a year since the Euros and we've taken a step backwards.

Re: Yet another draw as qualification fades further into the distance for battle weary Wales.

This is what I'd go with in Serbia

Hennessey
    Davies Chester Williams Gunter
    Ledley Ramsey Allen
    Lawrence
    Vokes Woodburn

Tom Lawrence and Ben Woodburn would be relatively unknown quantities to the Serbian defence, I'd quite fancy Tom Lawrence's direct running and Ben Woodburn's pace up against an ageing Serbian backline

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This is what I'd go with in Serbia

Hennessey
    Davies Chester Williams Gunter
    Ledley Ramsey Allen
    Lawrence
    Vokes Woodburn

Tom Lawrence and Ben Woodburn would be relatively unknown quantities to the Serbian defence, I'd quite fancy Tom Lawrence's direct running and Ben Woodburn's pace up against an ageing Serbian backline
    Same here. I'd ditch the back 5 as the system without Bale is less likely to work.