+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: euro 2020

euro 2020

I guess this is the next realistic one less we achieve a miracle and beat Serbia away with Bale.
    Bit of an odd one as it's all over the place I see, strange they are not using what has to be one of the finest football stadiums in Europe either in the heart of our fair city.....Glasgow is in there though....strange.

Re: euro 2020

We're only 4 points adrift. A point away at Serbia and we can recover in our last 4 games. It's far from over because there are no particularly strong sides that are going to run away with it. Serbia were lucky not to be 2-0 down last night if only the Georgia player squared it..

Long way to go yet

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I see, strange they are not using what has to be one of the finest football stadiums in Europe either in the heart of our fair city.....Glasgow is in there though....strange.
    And yet despite not having the required conference facilities or sufficient hotel rooms, they've given us the champions league final....it's almost as if..........

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    And yet despite not having the required conference facilities or sufficient hotel rooms, they've given us the champions league final....it's almost as if..........
    Not coooorrrrrruptiiiiiiiiioooooon no?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not coooorrrrrruptiiiiiiiiioooooon no?
    Well you might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.
    I suspect though that the convo went along the lines of "Sorry FAW, you can't have a Euro game, but if you stop moaning about it, you can have the CL final ok?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We're only 4 points adrift. A point away at Serbia and we can recover in our last 4 games. It's far from over because there are no particularly strong sides that are going to run away with it. Serbia were lucky not to be 2-0 down last night if only the Georgia player squared it..

Long way to go yet
    A draw in Serbia and Ireland beat Austria at home and it is all over. There is no way we are going to win our last 4 games in a row because we are bound to be missing key players as so many are on bookings, including Ramsey after last night.

The best we can hope for is a scrappy win in Serbia to take us to 10 points, hope we beat Moldova and Georgia away for 16 points and then a win and a draw in last two games for 20 points. Any less and I can't see it, even if we finish second we might have the lowest points tally out of all groups and won't make play offs. Especially if we draw in Serbia - that keeps the gap between us and them at 3 points and Ireland could be 7 points clear by then.

We have always been playing catch up since drawing against Georgia and then dropping points against Serbia. We need a miracle from Lawrence in June.

One of the reasons we qualified for the Euros was because other results went our way. Cyprus did us a massive favour winning in Bosnia and Israel.
    This time no results are going for us. Georgia should have picked up at least a point in Ireland and last night too but lost both.
    I can't see us qualifyng now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    One of the reasons we qualified for the Euros was because other results went our way. Cyprus did us a massive favour winning in Bosnia and Israel.
    This time no results are going for us. Georgia should have picked up at least a point in Ireland and last night too but lost both.
    I can't see us qualifyng now.
    Don't be so hasty, if we can just draw the rest of our games that will leave us on 12 points.

Crack open the champers.Say.What.

Ireland were there for the taking last night and we just couldn't do it, they're probably one of the worst teams to watch in the entire group

Yep. They were missing six of their starters from the Austria game. We had a great chance last night and failed to take it.

However, the fact that we've come away from Dublin with a point and are only 4 points off top spot with 5 games to go in what is (arguably) a tougher qualifying group than the last one shows how far we've come

It seems to me that we have three great players in Bale, Rambo and Allen. Other than those three I think we are struggling. Especially up front, I mean would we swop Vokes or Hal for Zohore?

It seems to me that we have three great players in Bale, Rambo and Allen. Other than those three I think we are struggling. Especially up front, I mean would we swop Vokes or Hal for Zohore?
    In truth we provided no chances for either HRK or Vokes. Two great strikes from Bale apart we created nothing. We were far too timid on a night we had to go for it.

Yes, Vokes is a decent target man at PL level and is very good at distracting defenders and creating space

In my opinion Coleman got it wrong and Vokes should have started and been replaced by HRK around the 60th minute mark, HRK's strength is stretching defences and I'd have rathered seen him up against a tiring O'Shea and Keogh

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes, Vokes is a decent target man at PL level and is very good at distracting defenders and creating space

In my opinion Coleman got it wrong and Vokes should have started and been replaced by HRK around the 60th minute mark, HRK's strength is stretching defences and I'd have rathered seen him up against a tiring O'Shea and Keogh
    Don't talk daft Coleman went for the tried and trusted formula of bringing Vokes on as sub it worked in the Euros so why would he change it Some people ain't got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ireland were there for the taking last night and we just couldn't do it, they're probably one of the worst teams to watch in the entire group
    After that game I can fully see why Ireland qualify for things. They are really hard to beat, and get a bit of luck too.
    At the same time, I can totally see why they never do well when they get there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    After that game I can fully see why Ireland qualify for things. They are really hard to beat, and get a bit of luck too.
    At the same time, I can totally see why they never do well when they get there.
    We had 2 shots on target, that was down to the Irish working their nuts off. I would love to see the City put a shift in like that.
    Ireland are where they are not from luck but bloody hard work.
    Last edited by Tandy; 25-03-17 at 23:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    We had 2 shots on target, that was down to the Irish working their nuts off. I would love to see the City put a shift in like that.
    on another day they lose a man or two to cards. They also concede a penalty. Thats the luck you need to qualify

They look like a mediocre championship side to be honest, hard working but no flair

Don't talk daft Coleman went for the tried and trusted formula of bringing Vokes on as sub it worked in the Euros so why would he change it Some people ain't got a clue.
    What?

Truthfully? I never wanted us to qualify for Russia.

The world is becoming a weird place very quickly, and this has all the hallmarks of a disaster in the making. Having been to Russia recently it is beautiful but obsessively macho. Mix in Vodka, football and young men who all think they're hard - with a regime that openly glorifies hooliganism and I can't see this ending well.

It's meant to be a game, but for fans going out to watch the World Cup 2018 in Russia I think they will be the main game in town.

Yeah i never wanted to go to Russia either, as for euro 2020, if anybody can tell me how the f*** the qualifiers work would be a start!!

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Yeah i never wanted to go to Russia either, as for euro 2020, if anybody can tell me how the f*** the qualifiers work would be a start!!
    The European Qualifying will send 20 teams to the tournament, i.e the top two of each qualifying group, 4 more countries will qualify via the European Nations League

The UEFA Nations League is entirely new kettle of UEFA money-grabbing fish
    Basically all 55 confederations are split into 4 leagues dependent on strength, so League A has the highest ranked, League D has the lowest ranked

Within each league there are 4 groups and the winners of each group are put into a playoff against the winners of the other groups within their leagues and whoever wins each playoff goes into the tournament

Apparently its a "more streamlined qualification process"

Feedback

whats wrong with Williams?