Thread: The National Stadium of Wales

The National Stadium of Wales

Mill stad renamed for champions league.

Re: The National Stadium of Wales

Announced about a year ago

Hasn't been called the mill stad for a couple of years now either

Since when did it stop being known as the Principality Stadium?

It's a one off for the "big game" the euro bosses don't like stadiums named after brands for their finals

It's not even the national stadium for the national sport of Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It's a one off for the "big game" the euro bosses don't like stadiums named after brands for their finals
    I still refer to it as the Millennium Stadium and always will. I don't agree with stadia being named after their sponsors. Good on Toon fans for insisting on preserving the name of St James's Park a few years ago, when there were plans to call it the Sports Direct Arena or similar. What if Poundland or Kwik Fit had decided to sponsor the Mill Stad? Lucky escape!

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I still refer to it as the Millennium Stadium and always will. I don't agree with stadia being named after their sponsors. Good on Toon fans for insisting on preserving the name of St James's Park a few years ago, when there were plans to call it the Sports Direct Arena or similar. What if Poundland or Kwik Fit had decided to sponsor the Mill Stad? Lucky escape!
    To be fair The Principality is just about the worst name the national stadium of Wales can have

The Liberty Stadium should of course be called the Swansea Council Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair The Principality is just about the worst name the national stadium of Wales can have
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You've got that right. It might as well be called the HRH The Prince Of Wales' Provincial Royal Stadium.

Cardiff Arms Park then.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    The Liberty Stadium should of course be called the Swansea Council Stadium.
    The 'Liberty' is a curious one. Liberty Insurance seems to operate mostly overseas. It seems to have hardly any retail presence in the UK. I have no idea what their affinity is with Swansea Council or the 'White Rock' - as the stadium would have been known without sponsorship. Perhaps one day it'll be the 'Admiral Stadium'!

Possibly one of the grandest sporting occasions ever to be held in Wales. Something to be very proud of.

In other news I gather Bob Monkhouse has passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    What was the Allianz Stadium called then when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the Final a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    What was the Allianz Stadium called then when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the Final a few years back?
    The Adolf Hitler Arena?