+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amber Rudd

Amber Rudd

Why is she getting roasted on Twitter?

Re: Amber Rudd

I caught some of her remarks about encryption this morning. I imagine she wants more snooping powers on the back of what happened in London some days back, and that some people who pay attention to and are concerned about the never ending incremental changes to liberties are getting their hair off. From everything I've seen of her she strikes me as very lightweight for a Home Secretary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I caught some of her remarks about encryption this morning. I imagine she wants more snooping powers on the back of what happened in London some days back, and that some people who pay attention to and are concerned about the never ending incremental changes to liberties are getting their hair off. From everything I've seen of her she strikes me as very lightweight for a Home Secretary.
    No amount of spying will stop someone driving cars in to people.

So what do suggest she does, or what we do ,because this is not good and people are dying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So what do suggest she does, or what we do ,because this is not good and people are dying.
    I have no idea, I just know that people who are determined to kill people will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This is more regarding what she's on about: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...pdown-10105142

I Like this bit:

And Lib Dem Home Affairs Spokesman Brian Paddick said what Ms Rudd is proposing was “draconian”. He said: “These terrorists want to destroy our freedoms and undermine our democratic society.

“By implementing draconian laws that limit our civil liberties, we would be playing into their hands."

It's not just terrorists who want to destroy our freedoms; it's those governments who create, fund and arm ISIS and the like - and Russia isn't amongst those governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I have no idea, I just know that people who are determined to kill people will find a way.
    Surely you just need the necessary hashtags to stop them in their tracks.

I propose the immediate banning of all motor vehicles, kitchen utensils and mobile phones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    How can people with such little idea of what they're talking about be the ones who make the decisions? It's terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How can people with such little idea of what they're talking about be the ones who make the decisions? It's terrifying.
    Absolutely! It also means that she is incapable of following the simple script that was given to her before she made her round of media appearances.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 27-03-17 at 10:46.

From everything I've seen of her she strikes me as very lightweight for a Home Secretary.
    Most definitely.

You hear some politicians and they are just so uninspiring. I meet people in my day to day life that are far more impressive.

She comes across as a bang average politician that you'd find in a safe seat.

Theresa probably hired her because she will wilt any do anything she says. She can mold her after doing the role. Not that that will be much different to any of her other cronies.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 27-03-17 at 14:30.

Blog Entries

This is more regarding what she's on about: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...pdown-10105142

I Like this bit:

And Lib Dem Home Affairs Spokesman Brian Paddick said what Ms Rudd is proposing was “draconian”. He said: “These terrorists want to destroy our freedoms and undermine our democratic society.

“By implementing draconian laws that limit our civil liberties, we would be playing into their hands."

It's not just terrorists who want to destroy our freedoms; it's those governments who create, fund and arm ISIS and the like - and Russia isn't amongst those governments.
    "No sooner had May proclaimed a commitment to the spirit of freedom than her officials were hinting at increased state control of the internet and new forms of spying on citizens’ conversations. After last week’s attack we should reclaim freedom from those who seek to erode it – and that includes May’s government"
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...2#.WNkJnvkrJPY

She's called Amber because she's piss poor.

No amount of spying will stop someone driving cars in to people.
    It would if such plans were rumbled, of course.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Who are you going to message if you are a lone nutter?

Who are you going to message if you are a lone nutter?
    Your comment was more sweeping than that.

Blog Entries

Your comment was more sweeping than that.
    Ok then, would you plan a terrorist attack online if you knew something you said might get picked up? no, you would go and sit in a field away from any technology and plan it wouldn't you? I would if I were a terrorist.

Surely it's easier to end the car hire business? There would have been no need to rumble anything then.

Ok then, would you plan a terrorist attack online if you knew something you said might get picked up? no, you would go and sit in a field away from any technology and plan it wouldn't you? I would if I were a terrorist.
    I will ignore your constantly changing the goalposts but the fact that many plots have been reported as foiled belies your initial comment - and evidence collected may be far more nebulous that simply reading a message referring to a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Surely it's easier to end the car hire business? There would have been no need to rumble anything then.
    Of course. No right-thinking terrorist would use his own car.

Blog Entries

I will ignore your constantly changing the goalposts but the fact that many plots have been reported as foiled belies your initial comment - and evidence collected may be far more nebulous that simply reading a message referring to a plan.
    I haven't changed any goalposts everything I've said is covered by my two comments.

How do we know how many plots they have foiled really?

I haven't changed any goalposts everything I've said is covered by my two comments.

How do we know how many plots they have foiled really?
    I responded to your comment "No amount of spying will stop someone driving cars in to people" but never mind.
    Are you Feedback in disguise?

Blog Entries

I responded to your comment "No amount of spying will stop someone driving cars in to people" but never mind.
    Are you Feedback in disguise?
    you said "It would if such plans were rumbled, of course." then I said who is a lone attacker going to make plans with? how is that not addressing your answer?

I will take the "Feedback in disguise" bit as a complement

you said "It would if such plans were rumbled, of course." then I said who is a lone attacker going to make plans with? how is that not addressing your answer?

I will take the "Feedback in disguise" bit as a complement
    :rolleyes: