+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amber Rudd

Blog Entries

Re: Amber Rudd

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    :rolleyes:
    You did not address my question: How do we know how many plots they have foiled really?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    This is more regarding what she's on about: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...pdown-10105142

I Like this bit:

And Lib Dem Home Affairs Spokesman Brian Paddick said what Ms Rudd is proposing was “draconian”. He said: “These terrorists want to destroy our freedoms and undermine our democratic society.

“By implementing draconian laws that limit our civil liberties, we would be playing into their hands."

It's not just terrorists who want to destroy our freedoms; it's those governments who create, fund and arm ISIS and the like - and Russia isn't amongst those governments.
    Where's the evidence to back his up """" Russia isn't amongst those governments.""

Of course. No right-thinking terrorist would use his own car.
    Don't forget the numberplate recognition system would be flashing alerts about the suspicious activities of cars around London. Somebody on here has worked on systems where all your details flash up when you call the authorities. I'm pretty sure it would be trivial to link the hire car drivers to the numberplate recognition system in realtime too, similar to what they are doing with airline manifests. When you hire a car your details could automatically be sent to government computers.
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 27-03-17 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You did not address my question: How do we know how many plots they have foiled really?
    Why should we know?

Why should we know?
    Just to be sure somebody wasn't making it up? The fear business is wholely reliant on fear

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Just to be sure somebody wasn't making it up? The fear business is wholely reliant on fear
    I said all that without moving my lips.

Slot keir starmer into incredibly unimpressive politicians category.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Slot keir starmer into incredibly unimpressive politicians category.
    Keir who? I once had high hopes for him, but I've forgotten he was still around

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Keir who? I once had high hopes for him, but I've forgotten he was still around
    His first comment was that we needed to stay in the EU to fight the threats the world faces. Terrorism etc.

I could feel the collective rolling of eyes through my TV.

Not even Salmond resorted to that sort of pre referendum rubbish. He brought nothing to the debate. And he is the shadow brexit secretary!.

His first comment was that we needed to stay in the EU to fight the threats the world faces. Terrorism etc.

Not even Salmond resorted to that sort of pre referendum rubbish. He brought nothing to the debate. And he is the shadow brexit secretary!.
    I'm not sure how that works, did he give any further details? Surely controlling the borders is the solution, instead of letting in millions of unverified people every year?

I missed the very start but wasn't he talking about the potential problem of 'no deal'?

I think he was a bit wooden but what can anyone add to the debate? We are leaving. Clegg can sit there and try and convince everyone to change their mind but it isn't happening. KS seemed unusually balanced (for a politician), praised May's efforts in certain areas but then held her to account for other things. It wasn't flashy but I thought he came across quite well.

Starmer was is not a natural but compared with May he is positively charismatic.
    As for Rudd she is out of her depth but not quote as hopeless as Liz Truss who has the gravitas of a goldfish

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So what do suggest she does, or what we do ,because this is not good and people are dying.
    I would ban knifes in the UK if you are worried about people dying! 9 teenagers already this year, although funnily enough nobody is counting. Literally they don't count the deaths!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/knifecrime

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Starmer was is not a natural but compared with May he is positively charismatic.
    As for Rudd she is out of her depth but not quote as hopeless as Liz Truss who has the gravitas of a goldfish
    I love Liz Truss. You can do far worse than spend 15 minutes watching some of her greatest hits on youtube.

Blog Entries

"WhatsApp accused of giving terrorists 'a secret place to hide' as it refuses to hand over London attacker's messages"
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ts-place-hide/

I wonder what they are going to do about it...

"WhatsApp accused of giving terrorists 'a secret place to hide' as it refuses to hand over London attacker's messages"
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ts-place-hide/

I wonder what they are going to do about it...
    Do you think companies take a stance like this because they are in on it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Do you think companies take a stance like this because they are in on it?
    In on what?

In on what?
    In on it innit