+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Line of Duty

Line of Duty

It's back! Indeed I watched the first series on Friday just to make sure it was as good as I remembered.

Promoted to BBC, the first episode was a teeny-bit glossier than the previous series - and I didn't like Kate Fleming's longer hair.

The reviews are good, to very good - two I read both comparing the first episode to a roller coaster. It took a little time to adjust to Jason Watkins as the forensic cop - I mainly remember him in W1A and Are You Being Served. But he was just nerdy in LoD.

And so we are left with the BIG QUESTION - how can the team investigate someone who appears to be at death's door? Answers on a post-card by next Sunday.......

Blog Entries

Re: Line of Duty

When is it on?

Big, big fan of LoD.
    The three series have all been utterly gripping. Incredible writing.

Not sure that I enjoyed the style of this first one of Series 4.
    Additionally they have adopted at least a little of that notion that to make things more realistic you have mumbling and extraneous noise sometimes drowning conversation.
    Sure. Except in real life we can ask someone to repeat what they said - or to speak up / shout.
    I know some suggest subtitles, but reading them detracts from the atmos and visual action.

Hopefully it was a blip and that S4 will turn out to be as gripping as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    When is it on?
    Sundays at 21.00. It's up on iPlayer now.

All of Series 3 is currently on iPlayer too, for a short while, if anyone missed it.
    Last edited by Vimana.; 27-03-17 at 19:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    When is it on?
    Further to the above reply, you can watch the first three series complete on Kodi.

Use Exodus and your keypad.

Been watching this on catch up.

Got 2 episodes of series 3 to watch before I get going on this new one.

Really good stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Further to the above reply, you can watch the first three series complete on Kodi.

Use Exodus and your keypad.
    You are so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It's back! Indeed I watched the first series on Friday just to make sure it was as good as I remembered.

Promoted to BBC, the first episode was a teeny-bit glossier than the previous series - and I didn't like Kate Fleming's longer hair.

The reviews are good, to very good - two I read both comparing the first episode to a roller coaster. It took a little time to adjust to Jason Watkins as the forensic cop - I mainly remember him in W1A and Are You Being Served. But he was just nerdy in LoD.

And so we are left with the BIG QUESTION - how can the team investigate someone who appears to be at death's door? Answers on a post-card by next Sunday.......
    The last few seconds had the wife and I arguing about whether her eyes opened or not as the chain saw approached.

The answer is ........ you'll have to watch for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    The last few seconds had the wife and I arguing about whether her eyes opened or not as the chain saw approached.

The answer is ........ you'll have to watch for yourselves.
    My Mrs shut her eyes at that point as well, if it helps.

Spoiler alert - she definitely opened her eyes!

Loved the previous series felt this was a bit far fetched is he Dexter ??