+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Ever Sopranos - Spoiler Alert

Last Ever Sopranos - Spoiler Alert

Finished Yesterday.

Gutted or am I ? Was that a brilliant ending or not ? Thoughts ??

Don't Stop Belivin'

Superb, brilliant TV , as 'bad-asses' as they are, you can't help but love them, Sil was my fave. Need a new series to watch now.

Re: Last Ever Sopranos - Spoiler Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Finished Yesterday.

Gutted or am I ? Was that a brilliant ending or not ? Thoughts ??

Don't Stop Belivin'

Superb, brilliant TV , as 'bad-asses' as they are, you can't help but love them, Sil was my fave. Need a new series to watch now.
    Have you just arrived here in a time machine? That show finished years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Have you just arrived here in a time machine? That show finished years ago.
    What with the death of Bob Monkhouse and the Sopranos finishing I don't know what happened with the fekin clocks going forward/back/haywire this weekend.

what fekin year is this...???

Blue in the Face

Best TV show ever. Best ending ever.

Don't sto....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    What with the death of Bob Monkhouse and the Sopranos finishing I don't know what happened with the fekin clocks going forward/back/haywire this weekend.

what fekin year is this...???
    2007 .... 11th June .... The last episode of The Sopranos was aired the day before on Sunday 10th June. Sam Allardyce has just rolled up at Newcastle Utd, Gordon Brown is still a few weeks off becoming Prime Minister and George Bush (Dubya) is in Albania on his European Tour. Someone bought the teeshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    2007 .... 11th June .... The last episode of The Sopranos was aired the day before on Sunday 10th June. Sam Allardyce has just rolled up at Newcastle Utd, Gordon Brown is still a few weeks off becoming Prime Minister and George Bush (Dubya) is in Albania on his European Tour. Someone bought the teeshirt.
    I still need to watch 'The Wire' as well, although I'm sure it wont surpass The Sopranos, which is on a par with B Bad, if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I still need to watch 'The Wire' as well, although I'm sure it wont surpass The Sopranos, which is on a par with B Bad, if not better.
    The sopranos lagged for me.

Always better watching them weekly than smashing through 6 seasons or whatever.

The Wire is on par if not better.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What about Monkhouse?
    Is he ok?

World of Sport has finished.

Really never got the fuss of the Sopranos. I love a gangster film but it was disjointed with lame characters and a poor storyline too for me at least.
    BB on the other hand is out on its own

Paulie walnuts was the best character. The guy was a comical genius, he wasn't acting, he was just being himself. He used to be a real gangster before he took up acting. The pine Barron's epesode when him and chris get lost in the woods is probably the funniest thing I've seen on tv. As for the ending, it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat.......He's neither dead or alive

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    The sopranos lagged for me.

Always better watching them weekly than smashing through 6 seasons or whatever.

The Wire is on par if not better.
    If Breaking Bad is 100%
    The Wire is 85%
    Sopranos 80%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Really never got the fuss of the Sopranos. I love a gangster film but it was disjointed with lame characters and a poor storyline too for me at least.
    See i would say all that about Breaking Bad, the bit part players just weren't developed enough and it all got a little silly in the end

Re-watched the Sopranos recently and whilst enjoyable I think a lot of these US box sets are all probably 1 season too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Paulie walnuts was the best character. The guy was a comical genius, he wasn't acting, he was just being himself. He used to be a real gangster before he took up acting. The pine Barron's epesode when him and chris get lost in the woods is probably the funniest thing I've seen on tv. As for the ending, it's a bit like Schrödinger's cat.......He's neither dead or alive
    The woods was a classic episode directed by Steve Buschemi.

The ending was like that for a purpose, to keep everyone guessing and leave open for blockbusting future series.
    Scuppered by the poor fecker dying in real life 😦
    Loved the Sopranos and Tony was the best character by a country mile... him with those sad eyes. How could you not love the murdering b@stard?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Lame??? Wtf

Sopranos is my favourite ever boxset. It's the original..

Yes the likes of breaking bad, and what I'm currently watching; house of cards have been made more recently, so are obviously going to be stronger in most aspects, but sopranos has that originality. And you can't beat the theme of the modern mafia gangster lifestyle, while
    the whole family/business life of a gangster balance was a great concept.

I've watched the series over about 5/6 times now. And I'll start them again sometime down the line..no other series has made me do that. And I've found watching them over gives me different perspectives. I've not liked characters first time round, but on different occasions have really enjoyed them..such as Ralphie, Richie Aprile, Janice and even uncle June. The likes of Tony, Sil and Paulie were favourites everytime though.

The wire doesn't come close in my opinion, and I really enjoyed the wire.

Breaking bad is obviously up there. Boardwalk empire is fantastic. I really like the Italian Gomorrah. House of cards is also up there..there are many more that im not remembering right now I'm sure.

Ones I've been recommended but didn't enjoy are sons of anarchy, dexter, prison break, banshee..
    Last edited by BlueArmy 86; 28-03-17 at 00:50.

The Sopranos went on too long. All that Kevin Finnerty nonsense when Tony got shot. Jesus.

And the ending was a cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I was in pain laughing at this the first time around.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Sopranos is my favourite ever boxset. It's the original..

Yes the likes of breaking bad, and what I'm currently watching; house of cards have been made more recently, so are obviously going to be stronger in most aspects, but sopranos has that originality. And you can't beat the theme of the modern mafia gangster lifestyle, while
    the whole family/business life of a gangster balance was a great concept.

I've watched the series over about 5/6 times now. And I'll start them again sometime down the line..no other series has made me do that. And I've found watching them over gives me different perspectives. I've not liked characters first time round, but on different occasions have really enjoyed them..such as Ralphie, Richie Aprile, Janice and even uncle June. The likes of Tony, Sil and Paulie were favourites everytime though.

The wire doesn't come close in my opinion, and I really enjoyed the wire.

Breaking bad is obviously up there. Boardwalk empire is fantastic. I really like the Italian Gomorrah. House of cards is also up there..there are many more that im not remembering right now I'm sure.

Ones I've been recommended but didn't enjoy are sons of anarchy, dexter, prison break, banshee..
    Oz was my original, that was f***ing brutal in parts, ridiculous in others nut still very enjoyable. Never gets a mention much in these type of threads.

James Gandolfini was picked for the 'The Night Of' and even filmed the pilot, John Turturro said it was the hardest thing he had to do as they were very good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Oz was my original, that was f***ing brutal in parts, ridiculous in others nut still very enjoyable. Never gets a mention much in these type of threads.

James Gandolfini was picked for the 'The Night Of' and even filmed the pilot, John Turturro said it was the hardest thing he had to do as they were very good friends.
    Oz was incredible TV, the real granddaddy to all these multiseason story arc shows that followed.
    Loved Sopranos but still never got further than the second series of The Wire, never grabbed me in the same way.

I'm going to give oz a try next

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I'm going to give oz a try next
    Beware, it looks *very* dated by todays standards. It is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Beware, it looks *very* dated by todays standards. It is good though.
    Come on, bum rape and murder is timeless

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    If Breaking Bad is 100%
    The Wire is 85%
    Sopranos 80%
    FWIW

Breaking Bad 10/10
    Sopranos 10/10
    Wire 7.5/10

For context: Walking Dead 2.5/10