+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flat Earth theory

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Flat Earth theory

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What gets me is it isn't that there's no evidence for a link with autism, there's lots of evidence that there's definitely no link between the MMR vaccine and autism.
    The guy who first came up with the link has admitted it's bollocks but people have ran with it. Autism usually shows up in a child at a similar age to the vaccinations and people linked them despite there being evidence to the contrary.

The worst thing about the internet is it has made a lot of stupid people think they're very informed on certain topics. People need to realise not everything on google is true, not everything presented as fact is true, just because you've googled a few topics and now think you're an expert on steel beams and the difficulty to fly a jumbo jet it doesn't mean you are.

So much stuff on the internet that's absolute bollocks is presented as fact it's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

So much stuff on the internet that's absolute bollocks is presented as fact it's crazy.
    Coconut oil, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Coconut oil, anyone?
    you seen the Coconut Revolution, great documentary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2SpQc7NeWY

The Coconut Revolution is a 2001 multi-award winning documentary film about the struggle of the indigenous peoples of Bougainville Island during the Bougainville Civil War.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I am confused because she seems to indicate that not having vaccines is a moral/informed decision. I'm not asking for a medical history (why did she jump to that conclusion?). She's being guilty of being vague and then there is the "I'm offended" type remarks because we are speculating on the basis of her vagueness.

If she is not taking vaccines on the advice of doctors, that's fine. But she can't use that to denounce vaccines nor to support people "making choices about their own bodies". If she is not taking vaccines because she feels it is her right to refuse, on spurious grounds, then she (along with others) is posing an unnecessary risk to public health.
    Who's she? the cats mother? thanks for allowing me to take advice from my doctor, I will let him know when I go for my new allergy tests, I'm sure it will mean a lot to him.

I'm not being vague at all, I have been over this loads of times, hence my initial joking comment to rjk about people "making choices about their own bodies" but you lot have to jump on it and start freaking out like usual, regardless of what I do everyone has or should have the right to make their own choices, it's none of my business what anyone else does, I really could not care less, I have never told anyone on here not to take them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Coconut oil, anyone?
    I knew you would turn up eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Coconut oil, anyone?

I knew you would turn up eventually.
    Do you have any idea of how annoying and distressing it is to have one's closely-held and personal views rubbished on a public forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The guy who first came up with the link has admitted it's bollocks but people have ran with it. Autism usually shows up in a child at a similar age to the vaccinations and people linked them despite there being evidence to the contrary.

The worst thing about the internet is it has made a lot of stupid people think they're very informed on certain topics. People need to realise not everything on google is true, not everything presented as fact is true, just because you've googled a few topics and now think you're an expert on steel beams and the difficulty to fly a jumbo jet it doesn't mean you are.

You can't protect people from their own stupidity. I think we are learning this more and more. And it cuts both ways for sure.
    There are people who are anti-vax for their own , very considered and/or medical reasons. Not for 'stupid' reasons, nor 'internet' reasons.
    That should be clear enough from this thread alone, and some other threads previously if anyone happened to see or remember when the subject came up before.