+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Flat Earth theory

Re: Flat Earth theory

my daugter had the mmr jabs and she hasnt turned out gay at all. load of shit to say it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    my daugter had the mmr jabs and she hasnt turned out gay at all. load of shit to say it is wrong.
    Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    You seem incredibly angry about the possibility of people choosing the separate jabs. Can you expand?
    I am not incredibly angry at all, and I'm not really sure that mis-interpreting me, or judging my mood from some typed up words is particularly wise. It certainly adds nothing to the debate. So far, from the anti-vaxxers, I have been accused of being very angry, freaking out and having post post tristesse. Maybe, sticking to the facts is something you anti-vaxxers are keen to avoid. I wonder why?

I am merely stating that people far more qualified than you or I have deemed it unnecessary to split the MMR. The reasons were in my post. What's there to be angry about?
    Last edited by Kris; 30-03-17 at 23:35.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I am not incredibly angry at all, and I'm not really sure that mis-interpreting me, or judging my mood from some typed up words is particularly wise. It certainly adds nothing to the debate. So far, from the anti-vaxxers, I have been accused of being very angry, freaking out and having post post tristesse. Maybe, sticking to the facts is something you anti-vaxxers are keen to avoid. I wonder why?

I am merely stating that people far more qualified than you or I have deemed it unnecessary to split the MMR. The reasons were in my post. What's there to be angry about?
    "post post tristesse" was a dig at me not you.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Definately not. It's the problem with the whole 'experts' thing though. Once something is out there as accepted wisdom anyone who contradicts them is seen as eccentric. We had the big bang theory of the 'start' of the universe, for decades. Then someone eventually plucked up the courage to ask 'what happened before the big bang ? ' Since then the scientific community have come up with three or four alternatives ...
    You've chosen an entirely theoretical period of time with unknown laws of physics to illustrate that 'experts' are not always right?

Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You've chosen an entirely theoretical period of time with unknown laws of physics to illustrate that 'experts' are not always right?

Amazing
    He's also arguing that, because the science community is not always right, that anyone who challenges them is regarded as eccentric. Not true - providing the challenges are based on strong evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I see the point you're trying to make but it's not a great comparison. This is the advice of some (maybe many, it's hard to say) nutritionists rather than 'the medical community' as a whole. It's pretty hard to properly analyse the effects of what we eat because people are not good at making food diaries and perhaps there's a cause-and-effect going on here...people are told to eat less fat, so manufacturers put less fat in their foods but have to replace it with something. That means more sugar and bingo, 30 years later it's sugar that's the problem.

But it's an interesting argument you make. One question - if someone in your family was told they required heart surgery, would you say it's a bad idea because the medical community have changed their mind about fats and sugars?
    The majority of nutritionists are quacks.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    The majority of nutritionists are quacks.
    Agree. If you're trying to sell a book and the content is basically 'all that stuff you're doing that we've been advising for years...still ok. carry on' then you'll never be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know people believe different things and that's fine as long as you're not harming anyone, but Jesus Christ there's some nutjobs out there. It's funny how you exist in your own little bubble surrounded in real life and online by people who for the most part think the same way as you about things, the big things anyway.

Then you click on a link or two and enter a whole new world...

https://twitter.com/BetteanneC
    Her tweets are now protected, probably because she's getting too many people throwing facts at her.