+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth theory

Flat Earth theory

I know people believe different things and that's fine as long as you're not harming anyone, but Jesus Christ there's some nutjobs out there. It's funny how you exist in your own little bubble surrounded in real life and online by people who for the most part think the same way as you about things, the big things anyway.

Then you click on a link or two and enter a whole new world...

https://twitter.com/BetteanneC

Re: Flat Earth theory

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I know people believe different things and that's fine as long as you're not harming anyone, but Jesus Christ there's some nutjobs out there. It's funny how you exist in your own little bubble surrounded in real life and online by people who for the most part think the same way as you about things, the big things anyway.

Then you click on a link or two and enter a whole new world...

https://twitter.com/BetteanneC
    Bloody hell, I feel sorry for her kids.

Clearly the internet is too much for some people.

They should still be in the era of worshipping sun gods etc.

Imagine having to live with an utter nutjob like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

Wow, it's all there isn't it.
    Flat earth, climate change denial, anti vaxx , anti public health provision

This could end in tears

"I can help with education, we have alternatively educated our 5 children, we have GREAT ideas. BIG LEAGUE! CallME"

Do you mean physically, spiritually or virtually?

Wow.

Just wow.

Just had a quick peek outside the front door. It looks pretty flat to me and we live on a hill!

Blog Entries

Luckily you don't, flat earthers are banned from my group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wow, it's all there isn't it.
    Flat earth, climate change denial, anti vaxx , anti public health provision
    Oooh I bet that got you excited, can't have people deciding what they do with their own bodies can we.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This could end in tears
    It's his birthday, I have to be nice.

Someone needs to get Richard Branson to Pay for another Balloon trip around the world.

Not sure the nut jobs would be convinced still.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Luckily you don't, flat earthers are banned from my group.

Oooh I bet that got you excited, can't have people deciding what they do with their own bodies can we.

It's his birthday, I have to be nice.
    I suppose you could question whether someone who has looked at all of the available evidence and decided that the earth is flat is able to give informed consent about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Someone needs to get Richard Branson to Pay for another Balloon trip around the world.

Not sure the nut jobs would be convinced still.
    I've been around the world, and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here to do so.
    Took a bit longer than branson though.

I suppose you could question whether someone who has looked at all of the available evidence and decided that the earth is flat is able to give informed consent about anything.
    Totally agree with you Rjk. Especially when the anti-vaxx people base their decisions on complete and utter hogwash.
    It's not just about people deciding what to do with their own bodies, yes people have the choice to be vaccinated or not, but by not getting the vaccinations it's not just that person who is at risk. Evidence shows that vaccinations work and by vaccinating enough people the population as a whole can be protected.

Blog Entries

I suppose you could but it's still their right to decide, smokers and drinkers have seen evidence that it's bad for them but they continue to do it, should we take that choice out of their hands too?

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    Totally agree with you Rjk. Especially when the anti-vaxx people base their decisions on complete and utter hogwash.
    It's not just about people deciding what to do with their own bodies, yes people have the choice to be vaccinated or not, but by not getting the vaccinations it's not just that person who is at risk. Evidence shows that vaccinations work and by vaccinating enough people the population as a whole can be protected.
    What are you so worried about? if vaccines are so good you are not going to catch anything from me are you? I don't know how many times I have given detailed reasons why I would never be vaccinated again on here and it's been totally ignored, it seems that people would rather I died or get a serious illness just as long as I go along with their way of thinking, it's ridiculous.

What are you so worried about? if vaccines are so good you are not going to catch anything from me are you? I don't know how many times I have given detailed reasons why I would never be vaccinated again on here and it's been totally ignored, it seems that people would rather I died or get a serious illness just as long as I go along with their way of thinking, it's ridiculous.
    I haven't seen your reasons for never getting vaccinated again. It would be unfair for me to assume anything. Your post suggests maybe you had an allergic reaction, If so, I respect why you won't have them again.

People who choose not to get vaccinated are a danger to public health. Smallpox and polio were eradicated through vaccination programs. Measles and Whooping Cough should also be on that list. Sadly they are not, and parents neglecting their duties and making uninformed choices has contributed to outbreaks of these diseases across the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I haven't seen your reasons for never getting vaccinated again. It would be unfair for me to assume anything. Your post suggests maybe you had an allergic reaction, If so, I respect why you won't have them again.

People who choose not to get vaccinated are a danger to public health. Smallpox and polio were eradicated through vaccination programs. Measles and Whooping Cough should also be on that list. Sadly they are not, and parents neglecting their duties and making uninformed choices has contributed to outbreaks of these diseases across the globe.
    At least 17 kids have died in Romania this year because the MMR/autism rumour is going round and parents are refusing the vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    At least 17 kids have died in Romania this year because the MMR/autism rumour is going round and parents are refusing the vaccination.
    Dr Wakefield has recently had his theory turned into a documentary. I fear the damage he has caused will be replicated. Remember his study covered TWELVE patients. He is the director of the documentary - Vaxxed.

As cruel as it is for parents (on the basis of a debunked claim) not to vaccinate their kids, it is also cruel to see parents beating themselves up over the belief that protecting their kids from disease caused their kids to be autistic.

The damage done by Dr Wakefield is immense.

People who think planet Earth is round are brainwashed idiots. This woman is right in what she is saying. I just hope God take pitty on you all

There are flat-Earth conspiracy theorists all around the globe...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Thanks, I will be happier not having them knowing you approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    There are flat-Earth conspiracy theorists all around the globe...

Thanks, I will be happier not having them knowing you approve.

Why ever wouldn't you want to be immunised against some deadly disease?