+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flat Earth theory

Blog Entries

Re: Flat Earth theory

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Why ever wouldn't you want to be immunised against some deadly disease?
    Because my health is more at risk by having them than not having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Then you should be extremely grateful for the people who are vaccinated and have in turn protected you.

How?

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Then you should be extremely grateful for the people who are vaccinated and have in turn protected you.
    Unless lots of other people stop getting immunised for exactly the same vague reasons.

Blog Entries

Who says I'm not? I don't recall ever telling anyone else that they should not get vaccinated, people just assume I have, I wouldn't do that, it's none of my business what other people do.

@kris want me to post my medical records so you can have a good gander? ffs

Who says I'm not? I don't recall ever telling anyone else that they should not get vaccinated, people just assume I have, I wouldn't do that, it's none of my business what other people do.

@kris want me to post my medical records so you can have a good gander? ffs
    My apologies then, you were accused of being an anti vaxxer and didn't refute it and seemed to defend it, so I made a false assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Dr Wakefield has recently had his theory turned into a documentary. I fear the damage he has caused will be replicated. Remember his study covered TWELVE patients. He is the director of the documentary - Vaxxed.

As cruel as it is for parents (on the basis of a debunked claim) not to vaccinate their kids, it is also cruel to see parents beating themselves up over the belief that protecting their kids from disease caused their kids to be autistic.

The damage done by Dr Wakefield is immense.
    I've often wondered how the Dark Ages happened. How did Europe forget Roman civilisation and go back to living in huts with their cow shitting in the corner?

Maybe this explains it. A combination of fear and ignorance - Wakefield saying MMR vaccines can ruin your child's life or the church denouncing things as evil - can undo years of achievement.

The problem is no medication is 100% safe, sadly there are poor children that react to the immunization badly.

Pharma's don't have the best reputation which adds fuel to the fire and whilst we have been dragged out of the dark ages, they do what they do for 1 thing and 1 thing only and that is profit.

Ben Goldacre's Bad Pharma is a good read on how Pharma mislead doctors and harm patients.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Pharma

Only confirmed followers have access to @BetteanneC's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.

My apologies then, you were accused of being an anti vaxxer and didn't refute it and seemed to defend it, so I made a false assumption.
    I am confused because she seems to indicate that not having vaccines is a moral/informed decision. I'm not asking for a medical history (why did she jump to that conclusion?). She's being guilty of being vague and then there is the "I'm offended" type remarks because we are speculating on the basis of her vagueness.

If she is not taking vaccines on the advice of doctors, that's fine. But she can't use that to denounce vaccines nor to support people "making choices about their own bodies". If she is not taking vaccines because she feels it is her right to refuse, on spurious grounds, then she (along with others) is posing an unnecessary risk to public health.

Quote Originally Posted by cantonboy View Post
    Only confirmed followers have access to @BetteanneC's Tweets and complete profile. Click the "Follow" button to send a follow request.
    She's not that interesting, even as freak shows go.

The thing that gets me is the (completely fictional) reason most people are anti vax is they think it causes autism.

Do people think being autistic is worse than being dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The thing that gets me is the (completely fictional) reason most people are anti vax is they think it causes autism.

Do people think being autistic is worse than being dead?
    What gets me is it isn't that there's no evidence for a link with autism, there's lots of evidence that there's definitely no link between the MMR vaccine and autism.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What gets me is it isn't that there's no evidence for a link with autism, there's lots of evidence that there's definitely no link between the MMR vaccine and autism.
    The guy who first came up with the link has admitted it's bollocks but people have ran with it. Autism usually shows up in a child at a similar age to the vaccinations and people linked them despite there being evidence to the contrary.

The worst thing about the internet is it has made a lot of stupid people think they're very informed on certain topics. People need to realise not everything on google is true, not everything presented as fact is true, just because you've googled a few topics and now think you're an expert on steel beams and the difficulty to fly a jumbo jet it doesn't mean you are.

So much stuff on the internet that's absolute bollocks is presented as fact it's crazy.

So much stuff on the internet that's absolute bollocks is presented as fact it's crazy.
    Coconut oil, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Coconut oil, anyone?
    you seen the Coconut Revolution, great documentary?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2SpQc7NeWY

The Coconut Revolution is a 2001 multi-award winning documentary film about the struggle of the indigenous peoples of Bougainville Island during the Bougainville Civil War.

Blog Entries

I am confused because she seems to indicate that not having vaccines is a moral/informed decision. I'm not asking for a medical history (why did she jump to that conclusion?). She's being guilty of being vague and then there is the "I'm offended" type remarks because we are speculating on the basis of her vagueness.

If she is not taking vaccines on the advice of doctors, that's fine. But she can't use that to denounce vaccines nor to support people "making choices about their own bodies". If she is not taking vaccines because she feels it is her right to refuse, on spurious grounds, then she (along with others) is posing an unnecessary risk to public health.
    Who's she? the cats mother? thanks for allowing me to take advice from my doctor, I will let him know when I go for my new allergy tests, I'm sure it will mean a lot to him.

I'm not being vague at all, I have been over this loads of times, hence my initial joking comment to rjk about people "making choices about their own bodies" but you lot have to jump on it and start freaking out like usual, regardless of what I do everyone has or should have the right to make their own choices, it's none of my business what anyone else does, I really could not care less, I have never told anyone on here not to take them either.

Coconut oil, anyone?
    I knew you would turn up eventually.

The guy who first came up with the link has admitted it's bollocks but people have ran with it. Autism usually shows up in a child at a similar age to the vaccinations and people linked them despite there being evidence to the contrary.

The worst thing about the internet is it has made a lot of stupid people think they're very informed on certain topics. People need to realise not everything on google is true, not everything presented as fact is true, just because you've googled a few topics and now think you're an expert on steel beams and the difficulty to fly a jumbo jet it doesn't mean you are.

You can't protect people from their own stupidity. I think we are learning this more and more. And it cuts both ways for sure.
    There are people who are anti-vax for their own , very considered and/or medical reasons. Not for 'stupid' reasons, nor 'internet' reasons.
    That should be clear enough from this thread alone, and some other threads previously if anyone happened to see or remember when the subject came up before.

Unless there is an actual medical reason I would take the kids off anyone who refused to get them vaccinated. It's bordering on child abuse. Is it that much different to refusing to feed them because you read on some bullshit website that eating puts kids in wheelchairs?

I usually try and be fair and balanced when debating anything but anyone buying into vaccines are bad for anything other than allergic reactions are a danger to themselves and their family.

Coconut oil, anyone?

Do you have any idea of how annoying and distressing it is to have one's closely-held and personal views rubbished on a public forum?

Who's she? the cats mother? thanks for allowing me to take advice from my doctor, I will let him know when I go for my new allergy tests, I'm sure it will mean a lot to him.

I'm not being vague at all, I have been over this loads of times, hence my initial joking comment to rjk about people "making choices about their own bodies" but you lot have to jump on it and start freaking out like usual, regardless of what I do everyone has or should have the right to make their own choices, it's none of my business what anyone else does, I really could not care less, I have never told anyone on here not to take them either.

Sorry, I couldn't remember your username.

I'm not freaking out.

Are vaccines a good or a bad thing?

Unless there is an actual medical reason I would take the kids off anyone who refused to get them vaccinated. It's bordering on child abuse. Is it that much different to refusing to feed them because you read on some bullshit website that eating puts kids in wheelchairs?

I usually try and be fair and balanced when debating anything but anyone buying into vaccines are bad for anything other than allergic reactions are a danger to themselves and their family.
    Stop it please. You're killing me!!

Blog Entries

Do you have any idea of how annoying and distressing it is to have one's closely-held and personal views rubbished on a public forum?
    I wouldn't know, it never happens to me people having different opinions is not distressing anyway, or at least it shouldn't be.

Sorry, I couldn't remember your username.

I'm not freaking out.

Are vaccines a good or a bad thing?
    It depends who's taking them.

I wouldn't know, it never happens to me people having different opinions is not distressing anyway, or at least it shouldn't be.

It depends who's taking them.
    Kids getting vaccinated against MMR? Good or bad?

Anybody getting a tetanus shot. Good or bad?

People travelling to Asia/Africa getting typhoid, diphtheria, hepatitis a shots? Good or bad.

Entire population getting vaccinated against meningitis?

Elderly people getting a flu jab.

Of course people with allergies are exempt from all the above.