+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Daily Mail surpasses itself.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Daily Mail surpasses itself.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was out shopping this morning and saw the front page of the Daily Mail. People like me who believe there is a valid point behind political correctness when it's not taken too far are an endangered species these days (or it sometimes feels like that), so, when I saw this story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39416554

I did think "don't overreact, it's probably not as bad as you think it is - the story was written by a woman (David Gove's wife I believe) after all".

So, I'm so glad that it's now getting a barage of criticism from some sources that would hardly be called bastions of political correctness - I suppose that the Mail are getting the attention they want, but I think this might turn out to be a case where the adage about any publicity being good publicity is proved wrong.
    On that BBC page you linked there's a mock-up of what it would be like if it were male politicians in place of the ladies and really, it doesn't look out of place and nobody would bat an eye at it.

This isn't sexism and the most offensive thing about it is the fact they considered it front-page-worthy.
    Last edited by Colonel Cærdiffi; 28-03-17 at 11:43.