Thread: Daily Mail surpasses itself.

Re: Daily Mail surpasses itself.

(1) Getting home from work

(2) Tea on the table

(3) Catch a bit of the news

(4) Log on to ccmb

(5) Seeing the usual suspects enraged with the usual topics priceless

Let's focus on the matter in hand, are the Scottish ladies legs more rounded near the calf area, this is the knub of the discussion.
    They are lighter .

One of the main aims of the Daily Mail is to get under the skin of the easily outraged lefties in this country.

It is safe to say they have accomplished their mission today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    One of the main aims of the Daily Mail is to get under the skin of the easily outraged lefties in this country.

I haven't actually seen any outrage. There have been comments from many people, calling the Mail out on a pretty pathetic headline. The only mission they have accomplished is reinforcing what a shower of twats run that miserable rag.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm more concerned with the damage the ghastly gothic ghoul is doing to the country during her unelected period in power than whether she flashes her pins.
    I don't think anyone wants to see Nicola Sturgeon's "pins" to be honest...

Ghastly, indeed.

What a fantastic reason for any newspaper to exist. roll.gif

I think its aims are just as likely to be courting admiring comments and scratching a living from befuddled old gung-ho farts

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I don't think anyone wants to see Nicola Sturgeon's "pins" to be honest...

Ghastly, indeed.
    Well.. seeing as they are up for discussion in this thread, I don't think Ms Sturgeons pins are "ghastly". Not compared to the gristly chipolatas that they were pitched against ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    What a fantastic reason for any newspaper to exist. roll.gif

I think its aims are just as likely to be courting admiring comments and scratching a living from befuddled old gung-ho farts
    I don't read the Mail and haven't done for years.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    When I moved up to Sheffield in 1983 everyone called everyone else 'love'. It was a catch all expression that was well over a hundred years old and had no gender bias or sexual connotations. Men called women that, women called men, women called women, and men called men. I started working as a bus conductor in that summer and my driver called every steelworker that got on the early No24 'love;. No-one saw anything strange. If Manchester United were running the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive 30 years ago no buses would ever leave the garage - there would be no crews.
    There my be more to the story than just calling someone 'love' though.
    “As a result of the feedback we received in the Old Boardroom over a period of time...."

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Well.. seeing as they are up for discussion in this thread, I don't think Ms Sturgeons pins are "ghastly". Not compared to the gristly chipolatas that they were pitched against ;)
    Arh this is where I get politically out of my pram , May''s pins are in far better shape, and she gives that Scottish lass ,14 years of wear .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Arh this is where I get politically out of my pram , May''s pins are in far better shape, and she gives that Scottish lass ,14 years of wear .
    I'll leave you to savour them thar sausages ;)

Daily Mail Steve Bell.jpg

Thank you, Steve Bell.

The weirdest thing that's happened in the last few years is being a lefty seems to have become being moral for some reason.

Plenty of people who have right leaning political views will be equally as against this sort of story.

It's part of the epidemic of the puerile dumbing down of politics and making it seem like supporting a sports team.

Nicola has blatantly gone for the fake tan to come across as more human.

May don't give a crap.

Is my analysis.

I look at that headline and don't see sexism - I just see a really shite headline...

However, it's typical hypocrisy from everyone involved, where is the same reaction when Donald Trump got hounded by the media for his small hands? Or his hair? Similarly where's the outcry when a photo of a topless Justin Truedeau went viral on social media a few weeks back?

I'm not saying there should be a reaction for any, but at least be consistent..

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post
    I look at that headline and don't see sexism - I just see a really shite headline...

However, it's typical hypocrisy from everyone involved, where is the same reaction when Donald Trump got hounded by the media for his small hands? Or his hair? Similarly where's the outcry when a photo of a topless Justin Truedeau went viral on social media a few weeks back?

To be fair, it's hard not to take the piss out of Trump's hair.

The man looks like the bastard offspring of Jimmy Savile and a butternut squash.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The weirdest thing that's happened in the last few years is being a lefty seems to have become being moral for some reason.

Plenty of people who have right leaning political views will be equally as against this sort of story.

It's part of the epidemic of the puerile dumbing down of politics and making it seem like supporting a sports team.
    I gather that todays Daily Maul front page - or at least one edition - shows yesterdays Legs-it photo again with a 'censored' style strip across the legs containing the phrase "banned by the Lefties".

Plenty of their readership will happily chug on that! roll.gif

Politics and the country in general has been dumbed down to incredible levels.

Both sides have started to think each are one of two extremes. You can see the people who post on here are terrible for it, one person posts and opinion and someone is either a leftie idiot or a nazi.

Are people's political view points so polarised? And what does thinking something is sexist have to do with being left wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Pete View Post

If he doesn't want people to take the piss then he shouldn't model himself on a spacehopper that's been left in some hay.