+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajayi Joins Rotherham

Ajayi Joins Rotherham

Undisclosed fee, 3 year deal. Good luck to him!

Re: Ajayi Joins Rotherham

Yes, good luck to him.

How are Rotherham able to make a permanent signing (for an undisclosed fee) outside the window?

Because he's out of contract in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Undisclosed fee, 3 year deal. Good luck to him!
    THIS^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes, good luck to him.

How are Rotherham able to make a permanent signing (for an undisclosed fee) outside the window?
    I'd imagine he's still technically on loan with Rotherham til the end of the season and then he signs permanently for 3 more seasons.

Yes, good luck to him.

It says at the end of this piece that loan signings can be made permanent at any time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transf...and_exceptions

Definitely good luck to him. Seems to have been unlucky so far, this is his fourth club and he didn't get on the pitch for the other three. It'll be interesting to see the level he finishes up at.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It says at the end of this piece that loan signings can be made permanent at any time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transf...and_exceptions

Definitely good luck to him. Seems to have been unlucky so far, this is his fourth club and he didn't get on the pitch for the other three. It'll be interesting to see the level he finishes up at.

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that.

Hope for us with Ben Amos, then?

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that.

Hope for us with Ben Amos, then?
    Only existing loan deals can be made permanent so we're in pole position to buy Ben Amos until his loan spell ends, yes.

Interesting one with Ajayi, there was talk of this happening a few weeks back. He's done well there so his agent may have said 'hold on till the summer and see if a Championship club comes in' but Ajayi obviously feels happy there and wants regular football. A nice interview with him here about signing for Rotherham, he always comes across as a very decent man.

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/art...y-3646254.aspx

Thought he was a good one to hold onto to be honest as is still young and has all the hallmarks of a good centre half and oma low wage.

Having said that, compare him to Steve Morrison who was roughly the same age when we bought him. He had already played a season in the premiership and captained reading so maybe we are right to let him go.

Good old Steve Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Good old Steve Morrison.
    Did he used to be SAFEWAY

Sad to see him go.

Who was he ?

Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2012–2013 Charlton Athletic 0 (0)
    2012 → Dartford (loan) 3 (1)
    2013–2015 Arsenal 0 (0)
    2015 → Cardiff City (loan) 0 (0)
    2015– Cardiff City 0 (0)
    2015 → AFC Wimbledon (loan) 5 (0)
    2015–2016 → Crewe Alexandra (loan) 13 (0)
    2017– → Rotherham United (loan) 4 (1

Not wasted too much of his time playing football over the last few years.

One of Loramskis boys.

Only existing loan deals can be made permanent so we're in pole position to buy Ben Amos until his loan spell ends, yes.

Interesting one with Ajayi, there was talk of this happening a few weeks back. He's done well there so his agent may have said 'hold on till the summer and see if a Championship club comes in' but Ajayi obviously feels happy there and wants regular football. A nice interview with him here about signing for Rotherham, he always comes across as a very decent man.

http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/art...y-3646254.aspx
    I think the timing is interesting. He's dropped two clangers in the last two games so I think that could have something to do with the deal being done now, with some Championship clubs deciding against signing him. Journos in Sheffield say Rotherham were worried they'd lose him a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2012–2013 Charlton Athletic 0 (0)
    2012 → Dartford (loan) 3 (1)
    2013–2015 Arsenal 0 (0)
    2015 → Cardiff City (loan) 0 (0)
    2015– Cardiff City 0 (0)
    2015 → AFC Wimbledon (loan) 5 (0)
    2015–2016 → Crewe Alexandra (loan) 13 (0)
    2017– → Rotherham United (loan) 4 (1

Not wasted too much of his time playing football over the last few years.

One of Loramskis boys.

Thanks for the namecheck. I mentioned you in Loan Watch this week, I hope you feel honoured.

I take your point about Ajayi but, like I said, I think he's been unlucky so far. He was part of the (very good) Charlton team that won the DVP Final down here in 2013 and, presumably, would've played for the first team there if he hadn't decided to move to Arsenal. No shame in it not working out for him there.

I'm not sure who was behind him coming here but as Ajayi is young, pacy and comfortable on the ball I'm assuming it wasn't Slade. He was keen to play though and took two loan moves, the one to AFC Wimbledon was cut short by a concussion and Crewe had always said they wouldn't be in a position to extend his loan even if he played well, which he did.

He played most of the pre-season for us this time round and made a good impression. All the regulars just got fit in time for the first league game but with us playing five at the back it looked like his chance would come but it didn't. Then Warnock turned up with Bamba which put Ajayi back to square one and with no prospect of a loan move till January, when he moved to Rotherham.

It's not like he doesn't want to play. The fact that he's prepared to move down to League 1 shows that, although the point Pedro makes in the post above is a very good one and may partly explain it. Best of luck to him, he's a good footballer and seems like a good man too. Prone to lapses of concentration, and Rotherham want him to get more vocal too, but hopefully he'll build on his good start there and end up with a long and successful career in the game.

If it is true that Manga could stay, then we're, almost certainly, talking about Ajayi being fifth choice centreback next season, again, if he had stayed. Essentially, we'd be repeating the O'Sullivan/Wharton situation, which the club want to move away from apparently, if we'd offered Ajayi a new deal - I happen to think Ajayi could have done a decent job for the first team now if required, but, with Peltier also able to fill in at centre half, it's hard to see where that chance would come from - moving to a club which will have ambitions for a return to the Championship next season is a good move for him I'd say.

Thanks for the namecheck. I mentioned you in Loan Watch this week, I hope you feel honoured.

I take your point about Ajayi but, like I said, I think he's been unlucky so far. He was part of the (very good) Charlton team that won the DVP Final down here in 2013 and, presumably, would've played for the first team there if he hadn't decided to move to Arsenal. No shame in it not working out for him there.

I'm not sure who was behind him coming here but as Ajayi is young, pacy and comfortable on the ball I'm assuming it wasn't Slade. He was keen to play though and took two loan moves, the one to AFC Wimbledon was cut short by a concussion and Crewe had always said they wouldn't be in a position to extend his loan even if he played well, which he did.

He played most of the pre-season for us this time round and made a good impression. All the regulars just got fit in time for the first league game but with us playing five at the back it looked like his chance would come but it didn't. Then Warnock turned up with Bamba which put Ajayi back to square one and with no prospect of a loan move till January, when he moved to Rotherham.

It's not like he doesn't want to play. The fact that he's prepared to move down to League 1 shows that, although the point Pedro makes in the post above is a very good one and may partly explain it. Best of luck to him, he's a good footballer and seems like a good man too. Prone to lapses of concentration, and Rotherham want him to get more vocal too, but hopefully he'll build on his good start there and end up with a long and successful career in the game.
    Excellent riposte, dont just read the facts kids there could be a reasonable explanation behind them.
    I haven't read Loan Watch this week , I was up in Scotland climbing a mountain , the internet was patchy at times.
    I am excited,whilst slightly concerned that my cameo role may not be totally positive.